Joke Polo Harequin

mitch78

Reaction score
I thought some of you might like this.

A friend of mine created this for the VW Festival last weekend and is now selling it to leave a bit more room on his drive for all his other cars. His brother (you might have seen him dressed as a clown at the festival) has a genuine Harlequin that he's planning to modify, but couldn't get it ready in time for the festival, mainly due to a screwed gearbox. This was a quick stand-in for it.

I can't see many people on here being interested in buying it (I could be wrong) but it'll be interesting to see what it goes for!

Polo Harlequin on ebay

It even made the Yorkshire Post

Picture1.png

Picture2.png

Jeez thats a car and a half ;) I think an interior pic showing the giraffe skin retrim involving the seats and dash would be good:o.k:

I actually saw a real Polo Harlequin in Stratford the other day, was cool!!

Excellent.

Reminds me, my brother was working for one of the large car leasing firms when the Harlequin originally came out. He told me that someone actually asked to have a quote for leasing one. So they worked out the lease price as follows - take the lease price of a normal equivalent Polo, then add the cost of a total respray at the end of the lease.

Unsurprisingly that made it so expensive to lease that no-one took one on lease.

Unless you live in Brighton or Soho, I think you would get beaten up stopping at most inner city traffic lights :)