Joining the A6 BiTDi family. Excited and nervous!

DarkShadow

Reaction score
Wow it's been long since I ventured here. I currently have 07 2l tdi A4 and I've just put a deposit down on a 2013 BiTDI A6 and I'll be viewing it this weekend. It's currently being prepped with a service and some minor paint work touch up.

It has the following spec:
- Tech Pack
- 20" alloys
- Lighting pack
- Bose
- Sports Diff
- Privacy Glass and black on black interior.

The part I'm nervous about, is that it has done 100k and I hope it's been taken care of. My current A4 has done 166k without any mechanical issues.

A few questions for you all:

1) How regular are the belts done on A6 bitdi and oil for the gearbox? I'm struggling to find a definitive answer.

2) If I swapped the alloys to rotors, are factory options to be declared to insurance?

Also any advice on pre-checks?

Last edited:
1) Engine is chain driven and the gearbox is a sealed for life unit

2) For peace of mind yes; most companies don't charge / charge very little for cosmetic changes

In theory yeah. My mate had one though and had all the chain and tensioners replaced under warranty........he had a Friday afternoon car!

The gearbox in a perfect world should have had an oil change at about 50,000 miles as per ZF’s recommendations. Audi claim its sealed for life. ZF’s advice is to alone if its not been done. There are a few threads across the net covering this :)

Reactions: Buxton2901
they advised 50-60k if it had been used for towing or upto 80k if just run normally after 80k leave it alone and they had seen them with over 200k with no oil change every done

Does anyone know how much zf charge for a box oil change ?

I might be tempted to get it changed at some point in the future if I'm planing to keep the car for a few years

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how much zf charge for a box oil change ?

I might be tempted to get it changed at some point in the future if I'm planing to keep the car for a few years

The oil is super expensive I believe......expect to pay over £500!!

She's here :yahoo:

20180521_123000.jpg

Such an incredible drive! I was really surprised to discover is hard park assist which I didn't notice until I got home.

I've ordered a boot liner and some mats!

Now to find options in a chrome delete :)

Reactions: marriedblonde, Rhyso, Spiedhermonkey and 1 other person
She's here :yahoo:

Such an incredible drive! I was really surprised to discover is hard park assist which I didn't notice until I got home.

I've ordered a boot liner and some mats!

Now to find options in a chrome delete :)

Fantastic. Stunning car. Enjoy :) x

I've the same alloys - I prefer them to the Rotor's (no offence to any rotor owners ;-) so I'd just keep them if I were you.

I would imagine rotors are easier to keep clean, although I do prefer these to rotors (and I have rotors on my car)

I've the same alloys - I prefer them to the Rotor's (no offence to any rotor owners ;-) so I'd just keep them if I were you.
I agree, after seeing them in person - they suit the car a lot more!

I'd like to do a few basic mods using an elm323 ODB2 connector. Is there any cheap way to do this without VCDS? My module doesn't seem to work with Carista - does anyone know of any alternatives?

Niiiice! Was so torn between Daytona Grey & Black. Mint looking car.

Finally got around to a discreet install of the YI mini dash but the 3m mount wasn't so discreet being grey so I coloured it in black!

33903242.jpg

33903242.jpg

Is there any way of getting some vinyl to make it even more discreet? Like this:

33903242.jpg