Join after being a sneaky stalker for a while lol

Dritsy

Reaction score
hi peeps! so ive finaly got round to signing up i used to use the other rs site for my b7 rs4 but now im building my a4 2.0tfsi avant (bul engine) quattro. so i thought id come say hello
shes a fairly clean and nice example with the following
*FSH to 112k currently about to hit 118k and another service
*2 new sping link lower suspension arms
* high pressure fuel pump
* camshaft follower replaced with genuine audi parts 107,761 miles
* rear discs and pads replaced genuine audi parts 107.761 miles
* cambelt and waterpump and auxilary belt replaces 107.761 miles
* new clutch kit 104.573 miles
*has witter tow bar fitted
* bose sound systemw ith bluetooth hands free kit

* oil filter and castrol edge oil waiting to go in
* PCV revised part replaced waiting to arrive
* panel air filter waiting to arrive
* turbo back exhaust with sports cat waiting till feb before they are available

now as im getting her ready for her exhaust and map ive taken alot of your advice on weak points thats why i bought this one as it had alot already done previously but she smokes a bit recently mainly when cold and reversing for some reason now ive checked the coolant levels they are fine, the oil in dipstick and filler cap area are clean and the oil is suprisingly clean too for doing 6k miles and the smoke it self smells more oily then sweet with this ive ruled out for now the possiblity of head gasket. one of its MOT advisorys was a minor leak on the exhaust and ive hear that the oil pick up pipe is another issue to consider, so any advice is welcome on that issue, the only other issue is the temp guage gets just over the first 1/4 mark and sometimes higher but never to half way but she blows nice hot air so im presuming thats not the thermostat issue either and would like some advice on this too please as before i send her off for any work done i want to make sure shes 100%
many thanks
Chris

Reactions: V6_Man and Sandra
Hi Chris, welcome to Audi-sport.net. Look forward to your progress on your A4

Thanks Sandra, well a quick update ive replaced the PCV valve , done the oil change with filter , i ran some injector cleaner through the fuel and im currently waiting on the panel filter and the Diverter Valve to turn up (awsome gti seem realy slow at shipping things) where as just german parts was here within 2 days! ive also been in contact with unicorn motor develpoments and they have said go see them once all the bits are in
now im struggling with do i do a de cat or a sports cat as the price is almost double! and lets face it i can just put the stock back on for a MOT surely?

would anyone be interested in buying this car before i modify it its a very clean example one of the best around