Johnny_584's Build Thread

So you went with the wrong size tyres for the car with less grip and thrown your speedo rather than remove the spacers?

So you went with the wrong size tyres for the car with less grip and thrown your speedo rather than remove the spacers?

To keep this simple and save further confusion, yes! As above, i chose the size i did to prevent rubbing issues. The car looks 10 times better with the spacers, and my choice was to try the size i have gone for and see how it worked out. In hindsight i shouldve gone for a slightly different size but I will live with what i chose as i havent a limitless pot of money unfortunately . I chose ultimately to not leave my car as standard/factory. A choice I am happy with.

Last edited:
Reactions: RyanJonS4, xpoweruk and James.B8
Cog1
Mine1
So mine is the Lava grey.

It looks high, mainly due to the tyre choice I made (I won't go into that again though) but I can assure you it's plenty low enough and the ride quality is excellent on the eibach sportlines. maybe not the best example if you are looking for arch filling lol.

The silver one is my mate from work. Lowered on H&R springs on the standard s line 19's his came with and some spacers. Sits perfectly.

View attachment 133564 View attachment 133565 So mine is the Lava grey.

It looks high, mainly due to the tyre choice I made (I won't go into that again though) but I can assure you it's plenty low enough and the ride quality is excellent on the eibach sportlines. maybe not the best example if you are looking for arch filling lol.

The silver one is my mate from work. Lowered on H&R springs on the standard s line 19's his came with and some spacers. Sits perfectly.

I did take a before lowered pic on those tyres but it appears I didnt actually save it on my phone for some reason.

It came down a fair bit to be honest, my head could fit in there before lol

Was hoping for it to be the silver one lol :D

What kind of tyres have you got on now? mine has the S-line suspension, 245/40/18 (or whatever the stock 18" size is) and it looks lower than that. It's in the shop now for fitting the springs, hope it doesn't sit higher, lol.

It wont.

I was worried about rubbing so went 215/35 18 which is pretty extreme in hindsight. Also why it looks as jacked.

I'm thinking of just going 19's after seeing all the avants on 19s at AITP!

So new 19 inch wheels and tyres arrived yesterday. Seperate deliveries so getting them fitted and balanced etc today.

Spent last night applying a couple of coats of Poorboys wheel sealant to the barrels and will do the rest of the wheels on Saturday with a winter prep clean/wax etc.

Should be fitted to the car today all going well and i cannot ****** wait!!! Will 100% have pics this time of before and after! I promise! :wink new:

Reactions: xpoweruk and RyanJonS4
So I had to hold back on responding as I noticed I was at 199 posts, so post number 200 had to be special!

And here she is!!

New12

New

They are 1AV ZX1'S, not heard of them before but best way to describe em is Vossen reps.

Reactions: xpoweruk, Chop., Ellis85 and 1 other person
SNAP! Mine are Riviera RV135. Very very similar.

9d5909f4b002cb79f5e34b3a007888ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: johnny_584
SNAP! Mine are Riviera RV135. Very very similar.

9d5909f4b002cb79f5e34b3a007888ab.jpg

Pretty much identical! Loved them since I first saw them on an a4 avant! AITP with all the different examples like them made me seriously want them!

Well done on the guess based on that rubbish grainy picture I posted!!!

Mine Is Avant too, look good I think. Might refurb after winter in a different colour.
I thought they were the 199's as they have thinner spokes than mine at the ends, but when I googled them, they go all the way to edge, whereas ours have a small gap. But now yours are on, they don't look thinner.
Ps, they are a bitch to clean. Lol. I need to take off and seal them I think to have a fighting chance.

Reactions: johnny_584
Mine Is Avant too, look good I think. Might refurb after winter in a different colour.
I thought they were the 199's as they have thinner spokes than mine at the ends, but when I googled them, they go all the way to edge, whereas ours have a small gap. But now yours are on, they don't look thinner.
Ps, they are a bitch to clean. Lol. I need to take off and seal them I think to have a fighting chance.

Exactly why I sealed mine up first! got some MADCOW wheel sealant too which is a spray on wipe off that a detailer mate swears by.

Will be using that for maintenance washes etc.

I was pushed for time when they turned up and I was eager to get them on. Impatient sod.

I got mine delivered to home so i had to take em to work to fit. Meant i could chuck a coat on before i fitted em up. So happy with em!