Johnny_584's Build Thread

So had a spare 20 minutes after the little one went to bed tonight and......
20160503 201913
20160503 201919

Easier than I thought it would be and so worth the 25 quid odd!
That's all the interior bulb upgrades I'm doing done now!

Reactions: xpoweruk, EXSpartan36 and jdp1962
Turns out this kit was from Robin. Just wanted to say top quality service and support on this. Thanks mate

So this week my rs4 grille and some candy green vinyl arrived. Will most likely bang em on at the end of the month as a birthday present to myself.

Have a feeling when I see the other avant at work come Wednesday all lowered etc I'll be spending another wedge of cash online lol

Reactions: GjrBartlett, xpoweruk and Chop.
In fact a mate at work has a silver avant and I keep showing him pics of yours as inspiration. He's getting it remapped and lowered this weekend!

Hello mate, I'm just north of Lincoln now, but that's life in the RAF for you.

I'm honoured that my car can be an inspiration!! He'll have to get some pics on here, theirs a few other Silver Avant on here!!

Matt black plastidip to the fog light surrounds today. Quite like it. Maybe I will go black surround on the rs4 grille!

Just waiting for my plasti-dip to arrive from eBay, how many coats did you give the fog surrounds?

So had a spare 20 minutes after the little one went to bed tonight and......
View attachment 90042 View attachment 90043
Easier than I thought it would be and so worth the 25 quid odd!
That's all the interior bulb upgrades I'm doing done now!

Have you got any pics of the install into the fuse board? Mines partially fitted just never got round to wiring it in.

Just waiting for my plasti-dip to arrive from eBay, how many coats did you give the fog surrounds?
I gave it 5 or 6 coats I think. Just build up slow with lots of things coats. Once the colour was solid I gave it a couple more coats for good measure. Proneed to chips etc down there.

Reactions: GjrBartlett
Have you got any pics of the install into the fuse board? Mines partially fitted just never got round to wiring it in.
I haven't I'm afraid mate. All I would say is its very easy. Use the top of the right hand board as you look in and I would avoid the top 2 slots possibly as the fuse can't be replaced in situ on mine as it's obstructed by metalwork. Would change it but it works and I'm lazy lol

Hello mate, I'm just north of Lincoln now, but that's life in the RAF for you.

I'm honoured that my car can be an inspiration!! He'll have to get some pics on here, theirs a few other Silver Avant on here!!
Sure he will in due course. He's back at work on Wednesday so will see it in all its lowered, spaced, remapped and refurbed glory then!

So after having a load of bits in my office at work waiting to go on the motor for a number of weeks, maybe even months I got around to taking a couple of hours on her this evening. Now has rs4 gloss black grille, candy green front lower spoiler, rhino splitter and a couple of extra Matt black details. Safe to say I ****** love it!
Has totally transformed the front end!

Attachments

• 20160707_205105.jpg
    20160707_205105.jpg
    1,010.9 KB · Views: 268
Reactions: xpoweruk, Chop., Bulldog and 1 other person
So, I decided to cover the ally trims in the cabin of the old girl. Gone matt black with some £4 vinyl. Quite happy with it but got a little detail to add in a few days time.

Attachments

• 20160818_142602.jpg
    20160818_142602.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 225
Reactions: James.B8
not done the centre console yet as I can see that being a bit of a nightmare but will do that with another couple of little details when I get a couple of hours spare.

Ordered up some Eibach sportline springs this week too, hoping to get them fitted up in the next month or so.

Will be on the OEM 18's till after winter but know the sort of style I'll be going for after that.

All coming together quite nicely now! :yahoo:

not done the centre console yet as I can see that being a bit of a nightmare but will do that with another couple of little details when I get a couple of hours spare.

All coming together quite nicely now! :yahoo:
Same here! Looks an absolute nightmare to take it off! I wrapped my dash carbon and sprayed the rest of my interior Matt black. Look forward to seeing it finished

Reactions: johnny_584
Same here! Looks an absolute nightmare to take it off! I wrapped my dash carbon and sprayed the rest of my interior Matt black. Look forward to seeing it finished
I'll try take some pics when I do it all. Be interesting to post up.

£125 quid and 3 days later my latest purchase has arrived! :yahoo:

Attachments

• 20160819_093755.jpg
    20160819_093755.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 204
Reactions: Bulldog
whats that lower lip spoiler on your front bumper ? below the green ?

It's a universal rhino splitter from ebay. They are literally just a long piece of rubber coiled up and you straighten it and screwe it on to the underside. Bout 20-30 quid, although one mate has done the same thing on his a4 with a garage door rubber for about 10 quid and you honestly can't tell the difference.

Next little touch arrived today. To follow on my green highlights.

Exactly the same cut as the original but a nice green stitch to it. Will try fit it up at lunch time today, looks like a bit of a job.

Attachments

• 20160822_104426.jpg
    20160822_104426.jpg
    598.1 KB · Views: 191
All fitted up and I'm well happy with it!

Started to take some photos of the step by step to show you all and got too involved too quickly. So it goes like this.....

Attachments

• 20160822_135856.jpg
    20160822_135856.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 218
  • 20160822_142201.jpg
    20160822_142201.jpg
    628.7 KB · Views: 200
Reactions: Chop.
CARS4474

Sorry, couldnt figure out how to attach the full image rather than a thumbnail so just having a play.

Last edited:
Reactions: xpoweruk, lowlife89 and Chop.
So only recent updates are.

• Mtec front discs as they needed replacing
  • tyres changed from factory 245/40 to 215/35's
  • clutch and flywheel replaced
I now desperately need the spring fitted but that should be done pre AITP hopefully at work.
I do love the standard wheels which are only 18's but just suit the car so well. Cant bring myself to change them as I can't find anything I really love!

Also looking to get the DPF gutted and EGR deleted and remapped. Has been remapped already but the DPF warning came up on my dash this morning and my heart sank. Want it gone so I can enjoy her properly again without a slipping clutch etc!

Reactions: Chop.
Loking good :) . I'm liking the green too :rockwoot:

Thanks, I love the green, most people seem to favour red but it contrasts with the grey nicely!

That photo was last year at AITP.

The new tyre size has made it look like a 4x4 so need to get the springs fitted ASAP, just waiting on one of our techs to let me know if he is free to give me a hand next week hopefully!

Reactions: Chop. and xpoweruk
Inspired by Chop I have bought a little 7x5 inch plate to mount offset to my grille.

I'm only going to run at shows etc so is a temporary mount but it is going to be magnetised using neodium magnets (sp?) which I have at home.

They are ridiculously strong so I am confident they will give a nice invisible mount when the plate is not fitted!

Be posting some pics up in the coming days of the process and finished article hopefully!

John

Attachments

• 20170803_110313.jpg
    20170803_110313.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 150
right,

so I found a bracket at work which looks to be suitable and cut it in half.

Plan is to mount one half behind my o/s foglight grille and one half on the back of the plate.

If i can manage to secure 3 or 4 of the neodium magnets to the plate side it should hopefully just snap into place.

I had a trial fit and need to play with the angles a bit until I'm happy with it but so far so good.

Pics to follow....

Why have you changed the tyre size ?
"from factory 245/40 to 215/35's"

Why have you changed the tyre size ?
"from factory 245/40 to 215/35's"

As above i didnt like the size of the sidewalls. They looked too chunky and also with the eibachs and my spacers (which i dont want to remove) 245s wouldve rubbed