Joey Mod

What the chuff is that mod when its at home Scott? Or is it a secret B5 code????

Its a mod where you spray all the excess chrome in the headlights a different colour.
Mainly black.
The B6 and S3 lads have done it the most.
Not seen to heard anything about the B5's doing it.

Not seen any b5's with this scott but have seen a few with the tinted film over them. That looks cool so would imagine the "joey mod" looks cool to.

They are poor images lol

Cause of amount of the chrome on the full beam it looks like the joey mod does not really make much difference (going by your images).

heat doesnt do much, its very much brute force.

i used heat to bend the plastic lip up 90degrees, and then you need to lever underneath to split the sealant on the inside. The sealants a horrible rubbery stuff. Makes a proper mess of the housing too!

The chrome on the main beam does take the edge off, but there is still a significant difference when comparing a joey modded light with a standard one.

heat doesnt do much, its very much brute force.

i used heat to bend the plastic lip up 90degrees, and then you need to lever underneath to split the sealant on the inside. The sealants a horrible rubbery stuff. Makes a proper mess of the housing too!

The chrome on the main beam does take the edge off, but there is still a significant difference when comparing a joey modded light with a standard one.

I read it like you put it in the oven and prise apart?