Jobs gone

TFSI

Born to Fish
Reaction score
Today i join the ranks of the unemployed :blink::blink: After spending nearly 37 years involved in the technical aspect of heavy trucks redundancy has finally come my way :blink::blink:

I plan on taking the summer off and spending alot of time fishing for all different types from big carp down to wild brown trout.

Will then consider a part time job around November for a couple of days a week.

Looks like the old A3 is now gonna have to do for 10 years or so thank god i went for the 1.4T with cheap road tax and near 50 mpg.

After warranty i will fix and service it myself .

****** country

Sorry to hear that, im driving HGV's at the moment, delivering milk around the country, and funnily enough we cant get enough drivers at the moment!

Ah **** man, always bad to hear this, do you get the feeling alot of the larger companies are just using it as an excuse to shed workforce, definitely seems to be given there yearly figures of some of them being reasonable.

Commiserations :( Hopefully the redundancy payout will allow you to enjoy life a bit over the summer.

TFSI - sorry about the bad news, but I like your positive outlook. I'm pooing my pants a bit, because today we had an email from the director to say that 90 people had letters over the weekend and 30 will definately go! OMG (touch wood I haven't received anything yet, but I'm quaking in my boots!) - I work in construction industry.

Oh man, bad news, sorry to hear this, but good to see you have put a positive twist on it, all the best mate!!!

Ah **** man, always bad to hear this, do you get the feeling alot of the larger companies are just using it as an excuse to shed workforce, definitely seems to be given there yearly figures of some of them being reasonable.

You could be right with that comment but i think my issue is :-
For 26 years i worked for a BRITISH truck company ERF in 1999 they were bought by MAN who closed us down apart from a very small number of people who remained in Cheshire. MAN head office is Swindon and after 10 years we found we still had the ERF stigma against us and slowly but surely they are ridding us out even though our truck technical knowledge is superior (we think so anyway).

Its just sad that a truck engineer with 37 years experience is no longer required (there are actually 3 of us in the same boat) 2x37 years and 1x44 years.

The country is de-skilling fast we see it in the people we were asked to train over the last few years and its scary what type of person will be repairing your £90,000 truck also any other type of vehicle including Audi.

Sorry to hear that, im driving HGV's at the moment, delivering milk around the country, and funnily enough we cant get enough drivers at the moment!

I have considered driving having held a clean HGV1 for 27 years but long haul has gotta be one of the most stressful jobs going with traffic and timed deliveries/driver hours etc.

I would like to think in November i can walk away from trucks and spend the last 10 years of my career doing something totally different like land scape gardening or something similar.

I think i have just about had enough of diesel management systems and service tool laptops and all the ******** that goes with them.

Very sorry to read about your job loss this country seems to be going down hill at a rapid rate of knots and brown hasn't a f--king clue what to do.

Good luck with part time job I was hoping to sell my business this year but due to the current climate I will have to continue for at least another 2-3 Years.

welcome to the club....see you down wetherspoons

I have considered driving having held a clean HGV1 for 27 years but long haul has gotta be one of the most stressful jobs going with traffic and timed deliveries/driver hours etc.

I would like to think in November i can walk away from trucks and spend the last 10 years of my career doing something totally different like land scape gardening or something similar.

I think i have just about had enough of diesel management systems and service tool laptops and all the ******** that goes with them.

Yeah I dont blame you one bit from staying clear of going out on the road. The roads are just getting worse & worse!

hi all i lost my job on christmas eve after years in construction. after 3 weeks i built up enough courage to go and sign on i have got to prove to the job centre that i am applying for 3 jobs a week in return they will allow me £60.50 a week i use to bring home £370.00 every week so thats a shortfall of £309.50 a week whos bailing me out its a pity i am not an indian gentleman called tata who as a personal fortune of billions then i could buy jaguar and corus steel and go cap in hand to this pathetic totaly incompitant shower we call a government for yet another big business handout. if this sounds very bitter its because i am very very bitter

Nah I agree that takes the ****, the banks, cars companies, I blame alot on estate agents & credit card companies pushing high house prices & also CC companies allowing people to buy a house on the card, lol, you know what I mean, they let extreme's happen then now go **** in hand asking for loans from goverment if they can be called that, brown's a tosser & rest of labour are, he's got no idea how to deal with the country, vat saga cost more for us to change systems etc than it saved, I mean WTF was he thinking when he did this huh, oh yeah sorry, he wasnt thinking was he

I feel for those of you out of work,,, we are truely living through historic times........!!

I sometimes make light of it, but the truth is the future of our Country, and that of our Children, Childrens Children, and those as yet unborn, is truely in the balance as never before....

Here is the last hope for those of us that want to live in a free and decent society. Don't forget to have a look at the 'what Islam is not' in the comments section.

http://bnp.org.uk/policies-2/

In life, as one door slams in your face, one opens! If like my friends, one door slams, and another is opened by a bevvie of naked beauties lol!
Feel for ya mate, ive been there and it does knock your confidence, but you got to bounce back at some point.
S'all about the wheel of life!

hi all today i have received the final insult i have been sent a letter by the jobcentre to tell me that i am not entitled to any job seekers allowance ( see my previouse post ) the reason being that in 2006 and 2007 i was self employed paying tax and national insurance. but apparently self employed national insurance contributions do not count towards jobseekers allowance so in there words i have not paid enough class 1 contributions i asked them over the phone what about the previous 30 YEARS p.a.y.e and national insurance that i have paid only to be told that those years are not countable towards jobseekers allowance. the job i lost i only started in march 2008 and was laid off on xmas eve. in this job i paid full tax and insurance i asked them if this employment counted only to be told that it did not. so to summerise i started my working career in 1976 i have worked solidly since then and decided to go self employed in 2005 for this decision to try and better myself it seems i am being punished. i have worked and paid into the system for a total of 33 years and because my wife is working full time i am not entitled to a single penny so from a takehome pay of £370.00 to nothing all because i went self employed for 3 years. its not the money its the principle i would be better off if i had just come in this country under a wagon at dover my heart bleeds for the future of the british working class we are undoubtedly a second class citizens in our own land

*** that really does take the ****, unbelievable, cant you take it further I mean 30 odd years of paying then you get nothing, WTF is happening man & they have the audacity to charge us say £100 for late tax filings & interest, so YTF do we pay these things if we dont get any help in situations like this anyway, really does defy belief that mate, sorry.

That's proper BS! This country is absolutely bonkers, don't even know what to say... I know a few close friends of mine that have been laid off in the last 6 months, even they are entitled to a small Job Seekers allowance, and they had only been working for 3 years of their life in fulltime employment!

hi all today i have received the final insult i have been sent a letter by the jobcentre to tell me that i am not entitled to any job seekers allowance

thats a tough call

its not the money its the principle i would be better off if i had just come in this country under a wagon at dover my heart bleeds for the future of the british working class we are undoubtedly a second class citizens in our own land

That is undoubtedly true.......... But you don't have to take it lying down. I would write to your local MP and say that if this is truely correct, that after 30 years of contributing to society you are entitled to nothing, then you will be voting BNP in future!

I gaurantee you'll get a responce........... Then vote BNP anyway..!!:sly:

That is undoubtedly true.......... But you don't have to take it lying down. I would write to your local MP and say that if this is truely correct, that after 30 years of contributing to society you are entitled to nothing, then you will be voting BNP in future!

I gaurantee you'll get a responce........... Then vote BNP anyway..!!:sly:

I knew you would have been along soon haha. :)