Facelift Jimbob76’s Daytona Grey S3 Sportback

73C5A07D 3CA1 471F AAF1 9491F0B47E3A

This looks familiar!

Reactions: dp_motley, Kayobong, oli356 and 3 others
Lol, certainly does mate. It's like looking in the mirror, even down to the roof rails and pano roof. You clearly have impeccable taste:thumbs up: Please tell me you don't have rotor grey supersports seats though? I like to think mine is 'special'
Only problem is that it’s not mine! I seen it and straight away was convinced it was yours. It even has the rotor grey seats as well! Check out VIP detailing UK on Instagram :thumbs up:

Reactions: NevMan and Jimbob76
Only problem is that it’s not mine! I seen it and straight away was convinced it was yours. It even has the rotor grey seats as well! Check out VIP detailing UK on Instagram :thumbs up:

Haha - no, not mine, no one details my car except me. Balls, that means mine has a twin. Now need to get some OEM carbon fiber mirror caps :smilingimp:

Reactions: NevMan and SPIKE_
So one year ago today I picked up my S3 and I've just enjoyed re-reading my old original thread. How time flies. She's already been part of some great family memories and many, many more to come as I'm keeping her long term. Very happy I bought when I did and got a 310 S3 before the new petrol particulate filters came into effect. Still v.happy with the car (and still hate the start/stop function, lol) - it is the ultimate all-rounder and sensible family car in Sportback with roof-rails guise IMO.

And next week it will be one year since I joined ASN. Met lots of great people in that time - had some laughs and received loads of top advice. So thanks to everyone one here - great place to hang out and share experiences with like-minded Audi nutters. Gold Supporter membership is worth every penny @Sandra

I thought I had a detailing problem before I joined this forum. How little I knew back then, lol. Curse you (and praise you in equal measure) for feeding my addiction @jassyo06 @q5man (you've stepped up your game recently pal, wowzers!) @Tashfeen @Bristle Hound @Scotty75 and @A4A4 in particular.

Need to get the roof box back on soon and organise some outdoors adventure weekends. Reckon climbing Cadair Idris in North Wales might be on the cards soon @MattSedg

Bring on year 2...

View attachment 181948

Where does it actually go. Let us know if anyone finds an answer. ... 12 months and the S3 looks factory new, well better actually @Jimbob76. And I completely agree with you @q5man has definitely stepped up his game .

Reactions: NevMan and Jimbob76
I think she needs a birthday present. Either...

(a) OEM quattro puddle lights for the rear doors
(b) Karcher K4 premium full control pressure washer (getting tired of waiting for my 8 year old Nilfisk c.110 to die - been willing it to give up the ghost for about 18 months now. Stubborn noisy old short hosed made of granite beggar, lol)
(c) Or put a bit aside and save for a Flex XFE 7-15 150 Dual Action machine polisher to deploy next spring (damn you @q5man)

Votes?

1- K4. Halfrauds doing one for £165. I know it is expensive compared to the ones offered at the outlet but still a saving / link below:

https://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs...goryId=255231&productId=1231891&storeId=10001

2- DA - well, you don't have to buy one. I have a friend who works at Warwickshire Hospital and he visits us every other week. You can pick it up from him if you'd like to use it for a weekend. Just buy yourself a few pads and return when it is all done. Serious offer here

3- Puddle Lights.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan and Jimbob76
1- K4. Halfrauds doing one for £165. I know it is expensive compared to the ones offered at the outlet but still a saving / link below:

https://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs...goryId=255231&productId=1231891&storeId=10001

2- DA - well, you don't have to buy one. I have a friend who works at Warwickshire Hospital and he visits us every other week. You can pick it up from him if you'd like to use it for a weekend. Just but yourself a few pads and return when it is all done. Serious offer here
emoji41.png
emoji41.png

3- Puddle Lights.

Nice one @Tashfeen - you are a scholar and a gentleman. As Polonius once said (gonna get a bit philosophical here, lol - Hamlet, act 1, scene 3), ‘Neither a borrower, nor a lender be’ - an important gentlemanly value to preserve good friendship.

Hugely generous offer mate, and hugely appreciated - but I’ll jump in with both feet and make a DA purchase next year. Do you ever find yourself down/up Warwickshire way to visit your mate? If you do let me know and I’ll buy you a pint (or a coffee, whatever) and we can compare motors (note-to-self, still haven’t read your build thread, need to enjoy that with a nice cuppa pal). Good man :thumbs up:

And thanks for the K4 link - not a bad price that.

Reactions: V6_Man and NevMan
Lovely car I came from a mk5gti edition 30 to a grey S3 FL sport hatch
Great minds think alike and all that

Reactions: Dannymoto and Jimbob76