JG's S5 Thread.

Minor update, Audi Drive Select button fitted today, courtesy of @DJAlix, ADS recoded as Audi Stealer wiped it last week while in for minor warranty work.

BIG shout out to Alex at @vagcarcoding, top man. :thumbs up:

JG

Reactions: Macdoon, THQuattro and DJAlix
Minor update, Audi Drive Select button fitted today, courtesy of @DJAlix, ADS recoded as Audi Stealer wiped it last week while in for minor warranty work.

BIG shout out to Alex at @vagcarcoding, top man. :thumbs up:

JG
Was really great seeing you today fella! Am about to leave Falkirk. Photos up over the weekend :)

Reactions: RS5 JON
Dynamic wing mirror indicators fitted today, working perfectly, great mod IMO. :thumbs up:

Also, Blackvue Dashcam back up battery installed.

Summer alloys going on in the next couple of weeks, will fit LED foglight bulbs, c/o. @t8ups at the same time.

First MOT due in May, then of to @D.H AUTOMOTIVE in June for MRC Stage1 ECU & TCU remap, oh, and a service. :yahoo:

JG

Reactions: Meemo, Macdoon, MuPPeT_ON_TouR and 1 other person
Finally got the car to MRC Tuning Scotland, DH Automotive in Falkirk.
Work carried out, Service and Inspection, Stage 1 TCU & ECU remap, Dave also noticed my front coilovers weren't seated right, this will be sorted asap.
The drive home wasn't what I was expecting though, nothing to do with the work carried out, it was the usual road works, all the way home. :wtf:

The car it's self feels like a completely different beast, Audi take note, the engine & box feel so much smoother and far more responsive, I didn't even notice the car was changing gear, so smoooooooooooooooooth. This is something I'd recommend to any S5 owner, Stage 1 will do me for now, but not ruling out Stage 2 at some point, but to be honest, the car has enough power now for what I use it for.

A big shout out to Dave and the guys @D.H AUTOMOTIVE REPAIRS, great service and Dave took the time not only to explain the changes in the car with the remaps, but had me out on a test drive with both of us taking a turn at driving, this was good fun. :racer::scared2:

The figures.....................

First run on the rollers, yes rolling road, my car being only the second to have been on this new piece of equipment Dave has recently installed. :icon thumright:
Car showing 343hp & 385 nm, after the remaps, 434hp & 564nm, and you can definitely feel the increase in power, oh, and the sound with the AWE exhaust at high revs is to die for.
So, as you can see, I'm well happy with the outcome of my day at MRC Tuning Scotland. :yes::yes::yes:

IMG 19700312 0137491

JG

Reactions: V6 Quatt, THQuattro, MuPPeT_ON_TouR and 8 others
I had the same traffic problem after my drive back from MRC Banbury. I made up for it the next day :)

Finally got the car to MRC Tuning Scotland, DH Automotive in Falkirk.
Work carried out, Service and Inspection, Stage 1 TCU & ECU remap, Dave also noticed my front coilovers weren't seated right, this will be sorted asap.
The drive home wasn't what I was expecting though, nothing to do with the work carried out, it was the usual road works, all the way home. :wtf:

The car it's self feels like a completely different beast, Audi take note, the engine & box feel so much smoother and far more responsive, I didn't even notice the car was changing gear, so smoooooooooooooooooth. This is something I'd recommend to any S5 owner, Stage 1 will do me for now, but not ruling out Stage 2 at some point, but to be honest, the car has enough power now for what I use it for.

A big shout out to Dave and the guys @D.H AUTOMOTIVE REPAIRS, great service and Dave took the time not only to explain the changes in the car with the remaps, but had me out on a test drive with both of us taking a turn at driving, this was good fun. :racer::scared2:

The figures.....................

First run on the rollers, yes rolling road, my car being only the second to have been on this new piece of equipment Dave has recently installed. :icon thumright:
Car showing 343hp & 385 nm, after the remaps, 434hp & 564nm, and you can definitely feel the increase in power, oh, and the sound with the AWE exhaust at high revs is to die for.
So, as you can see, I'm well happy with the outcome of my day at MRC Tuning Scotland. :yes::yes::yes:

View attachment 185009

JG

Welldone you @JG51 AUD Agree that the tune completely transforms the car. Can I ask why stage 1 and not 2 as you already have the TCU tune.

I remember when I came out of MRC Banbury and put my foot down as I was joining M40 from the slip road, the power increase was just overwhelming - took me a few days to get used to.

Welldone you @JG51 AUD Agree that the tune completely transforms the car. Can I ask why stage 1 and not 2 as you already have the TCU tune.

I remember when I came out of MRC Banbury and put my foot down as I was joining M40 from the slip road, the power increase was just overwhelming - took me a few days to get used to.

@Tashfeen, for what I use the car for, I thought Stage1 will be enough power for now. TBO, I toyed with Stage1 / Stage2 dilemma for a long time. :whistle2:
Will I ever go Stage2, never say never, but for now, I'm just going to enjoy my Stage1. :racer:

JG

Reactions: V6_Man
@Tashfeen, for what I use the car for, I thought Stage1 will be enough power for now. TBO, I toyed with Stage1 / Stage2 dilemma for a long time. :whistle2:
Will I ever go Stage2, never say never, but for now, I'm just going to enjoy my Stage1. :racer:

JG

Far enough mate. Based on your Stage 1 numbers you are not too far off especially the tq. Enjoy mate, tis time to have some fun now and surprise a few people

Reactions: Meemo and RS5 JON
Great results John, I am looking forward to hearing your feedback tomorrow after a good road test!:) It makes me wanna get mine done now, won’t be near your figures but should improve somewhat!haha

Far enough mate. Based on your Stage 1 numbers you are not too far off especially the tq. Enjoy mate, tis time to have some fun now and surprise a few people

Defo intend to have some fun tomorrow, I think the first person to get a surprise will be me...........

JG

Reactions: V6_Man
Great results John, I am looking forward to hearing your feedback tomorrow after a good road test!:) It makes me wanna get mine done now, won’t be near your figures but should improve somewhat!haha

Go for it Shaun, you know I've always had a remap on my previous Audi's, and haven't been disappointed in Stage 1 map on any of them, you'll love it in your A5 mate. :racer:

JG

Reactions: Point_Audi
Is this what we spoke about pal...:sunglasses::shutup2:

Aye pal, that's the ones, tyres arrived today. 265/35/19 Michelin PS4 S, got a 15% off deal with Black Circles. Wheels should be available for collection beginning of next week. They'll be getting a Ceramic coat before I put them on at the end of next month. :thumbs up:

Black Edition Plus alloys will be going up for sale.:sadlike:

JG

Reactions: Macdoon
you could of pulled off the red tbf :p
I would of chose the same colour as you though! can't wait to see them on

you could of pulled off the red tbf :p
I would of chose the same colour as you though! can't wait to see them on

Getting a bit long in the tooth for candy red wheels, but yes, the white and candy red would go well.

Not looking to put them on straight away, famous last words, waiting till the better weather, and in Scotland that could be July/August :yes:

Just had the phone call to say they're ready to be picked up, but it'll be Monday due to work commitments. :sadlike:

JG

Jeez oh, time fly's, I blame COVID 19..................

Anyway, not much of an update, MOT done the other day, passed with flying colours :rockwoot:

Annual Service done, BIG thanks to @D.H AUTOMOTIVE REPAIRS, great customer service as usual. :thumbs up:

JUDD T325's fitted, pics to follow.

Front splitter & Rear diffuser painted gloss black, IMO, goes well on the Black Ed.

Swapped out the Bilstien PSS10's for shortened shocks and springs, 35mm drop. Sits near the same as it did on PSS10's, but more comfort for the Mrs, yes, I gave in, quiet life and all that. :whistle2::whip:

Nothing much else, just been driving it, sometimes hard, :racer::racer::racer:, why not.............

Keep safe everyone.

JG

Reactions: V6 Quatt, Macdoon, Steff s3 and 1 other person
Glad you, Mac and Steff enjoyed your weekend. Cars looking good as always. :friends:

What setup did you go for @JG51 AUD. looking ace the red Calipers and drilled rotors.

Cheers @V6_Man

The car is now sitting on Bilstien 35mm shortened shocks & H&R 35mm lowered springs, gives it a bit more comfort. Wheels are 19x 9.5, et20, with 265/35/19 Michelin PS 4s tyres.
Brakes are genuine RS5.

JG

Reactions: V6_Man and Sandra
So, 10 years as an ASN Member, doesn't time fly, a couple of pics of my previous Audi's.
WP 20150517 001 2

WP 20140809 003

JG

Reactions: V6_Man and Sandra
Well, the time has come to part ways with the best car I've owned. Six care free years with this car, clocked up 51,000 miles and enjoyed every single one......

Last pic before the S5 moved on to pastures new, :end of discction:

20230929 085206

JG

• Sad
Reactions: Sandra, Rob Avant and V6_Man
Well, the time has come to part ways with the best car I've owned. Six care free years with this car, clocked up 51,000 miles and enjoyed every single one......

View attachment 270940

JG

Hi mate, glad to hear you enjoyed the time - all good things come to an end. Let’s hope the new owner looks after it as much as you did.

So, what’s next now. Stay VAG or feeling a bit adventurous and trying out something else.

View attachment 270940

JG
Will miss seeing one of the best kept Audi in my area John

Reactions: V6_Man and RS5 JON
Hi mate, glad to hear you enjoyed the time - all good things come to an end. Let’s hope the new owner looks after it as much as you did.

So, what’s next now. Stay VAG or feeling a bit adventurous and trying out something else.
@V6_Man thanks for the positive comments, yes, someone is going to get a well maintained and cared for S5.

Will miss seeing one of the best kept Audi in my area John
@Sandra hopefully the new car will look just as good, if not better.

Picked this up today :sign wow::sign yum::sign omg:

20231001 121218

JG

• Love
Reactions: Meemo, Rob Avant and V6_Man
@V6_Man thanks for the positive comments, yes, someone is going to get a well maintained and cared for S5.

@Sandra hopefully the new car will look just as good, if not better.

Picked this up today :sign wow::sign yum::sign omg:

View attachment 270985

JG

Awesome choice mate - congrats on the new purchase. RS looks cracking in this colour.

B9 is a beaut! Love it.
Also can't believe it is all the same people posting here even after 3 years of not having logged in. Hope you are doing well!