1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JF automotive B9 RS4 plug and play module

Chris518 Nov 14, 2018

1. Chris518

Chris518 Member Team Nardo Team V6 Audi RS4 quattro

Hi has any one purchased this module to there car and had any issues with it and can you notice the difference.
    Thanks Chris

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. cosmicblue

cosmicblue Active Member TeamMisano Audi RS4

DTUK do one too - with a healthy power and torque upgrade claimed as well, right now the red missile is fast enough. When it's out of warranty cover I may consider...

4. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team V6 Audi RS4

Huge difference imho right through the rev range. Afaik their demo car has had zero issues.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

5. Chris518

I've bought one but not had the guts to fit it yet as the car has only just cleared 2000 miles. They say it is none trace able if you unplug the module and fit the blanking plug as this puts the car back but an eagle eyed mechanic might notice the wiring loom. Unsure what do do .
    Chris

6. cosmicblue

It's a risk Chris - the Audi techs have the ability to record on the central Audi system if they think the car has been tampered with. Audi can then withdraw warranty support for the engine and drive train and that stays with the vehicle for life. Many people don't realise that 'Warranty' is actually an underwritten insurance policy from a 3rd party insurer that the vehicle importer arranges to protect themselves from unlimited liability.

I personally find it hard to believe that the sophisticated ECU(s) wouldn't record changes to boost pressures and fuel flow rates, I'd like to think that a responsible tuner would have a map that reduced torque output in the lower gears too but I'd guess you'd never know.

7. cosmicblue

Talking of buying things and not having the guts to use it - I bought a fancy dual-action car polisher tool earlier in the year and know it's possible to make a real mess with such things so it's still in the box....and I've agreed a deal today to get the RS professionally detailed.

8. Chris518

Thanks for the reply I don't know whether to leave it for a bit as I know personally how valuable warranties are as I had to have a new differential fitted to my old b8.5 Rs4 which according to the guy at Audi would of cost £7 grand to replace and the car had only covered 30,000 miles but as I bought it as an Audi approved car from an Audi dealer I got a years cover as it was just over 3 years old

9. cosmicblue

£7k - that's scary. If you see the digital cutaways of the B9 RS4 drive train the Sportdiff looks enormous - that won't be cheap either.

10. rapport25

rapport25 New Member

Just spotted this.

Both tunning boxes & remaps are detectable.

Agreed, a remap will effect the flash counter. But a tunning box will show incorrect readings for the fuel to air mix. IF & it's a big IF there was a problem, they will go looking & it's bye bye warranty. The old saying you have to pay to play :).

Not put me off one bit. By the time I get my RS4 JF should have a remap & 1 yr of driving with the improvements.

Just make sure it's a decent company & still running the car. Not a generic, 2hrs on the rollers & no R&D on the car.

JF will be my choice once they crack the tripple ecu encryption!

Rappy :)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  11. nervus

nervus Well-Known Member

I don't buy how they can detect piggy back ECU/ Boxes once removed. When my RS3 developed a misfire at 6months old (Ran an MTM M-Cantronic from 1000 miles) my local dealer had it for 6 (SIX) Weeks!

Believe you me, they tried everything to try and get me to confess it had been tuned because it was lowered and sporting a pipercross filter element. I refused to blink when they said they were sending all the ECU data files to Milton Keynes and then Germany for analysis. I dont know if this was a bluff or not?
    However, I got a written apology from the dealer principal, An RS5 to run around in and eventually got the 3 back.

It was a F-ing spark plug breaking down intermittently. SO IF IT TAKES THEM 6 WEEKS TO FIND A FAULTY PLUG, they will never be able to prove if a sensor has been faulty and requesting out of tolerance values. No data from a box is stored or fed back, it merely tricks the sensors by attenuating their signals and letting them adjust and request different values.

In all honesty, the Box could have provoked that, or caused it happen earlier but it would have happened.

IMO, this TR1 (suspected tuning for boxes) is nonsense and the dealers relying on you 'fessing up like those fellas on soap operas who tell their wife they cheated..!

The TD1 for the remaps could be real, but not at dealer level. Again, if suspected they can interrogate the data which would show an intervention.

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team V6 Audi RS4

@nervus you must have been sh*tting bricks though?! Remind me not to play poker with you ;)

TX.

14. nervus

nervus Well-Known Member

I had Kim Collins on speed dial who was assuring me they wouldn't be able to tell! I was bricking it though..