Jetex Exhaust - 1.8TQS

Says stainless on the listing!

I assume it'll be fine, its just not priced rip-off style like the milteks are.

£370+15postage for a 2.5" cat back in stainless, resonated. Life time guarantee and minimum of 2" through the bends, tbh I'd be suprised if a milltek was any better. Twin 80mm tail pipes sound pretty large though, can't remember what the standard ones are.

Seemed a bit good to be true, after looking at exhausts for a 1.8TQS OEM, modified S4, or milltek where looking like the only options.

I've got the Jetex on my TQS. Fits pretty good, and is good quality. Bit of a pain to fit to the downpipe though. The 80mm tails are bigger than the OE TQS ones, but don't look stupidly big. It also sounds alright too, louder than OE but not annoying.

i was close to buying one, but then realised the S4 system was 63mm and could be made to fit for not-much-money so i went for that instead.

I hacked up a Spare TQS middle box the other day and the designs quite peculiar.

The silencers themselves and the pipe between them are 60mm, but the long pipe between the middle silencer and the downpipe is 55mm and further squashed flat as it runs along under the car, really poor design and really restrictive looking!

Inside of the silencer looks like this:

IMG 20130420 155043

I paid over half that for a used Miltek and TBH had i searched frst, i'd have prolly done this instead. Although My Miltek is 3 inch, not 2.5

****** hell look at that squeezed bit just after that pipe bit runs off in to the baffles, i also noticed the size differances in pipe diameter too the stock system is massively restricted as i found out when i fitted my milltek system that was my bargain for the year upto now £100 and my old system, massive difference on throttle response and even pops now and again dropping to 3rd or 2nd maybe because its non res and running the ths decat !!

I've got the Jetex on my TQS. Fits pretty good, and is good quality. Bit of a pain to fit to the downpipe though. The 80mm tails are bigger than the OE TQS ones, but don't look stupidly big. It also sounds alright too, louder than OE but not annoying.

i thought the jetex systems were all half systems and didnt include the downpipe ?? The jetex has bigger tailpipes than the milltek as there 76.2mm iirc and looking at my system it appears to be 2.75" all the way to the back box compared to the jetex which is 2" at the bends.

i thought the jetex systems were all half systems and didnt include the downpipe ?? The jetex has bigger tailpipes than the milltek as there 76.2mm iirc and looking at my system it appears to be 2.75" all the way to the back box compared to the jetex which is 2" at the bends.

Yep the Jetex is a half system. I was mating it to the OE downpipe and IIRC there was a difference in size that I wasn't able to sort out using the adapters supplied with the system. I got it sorted with a bit of pipe I already had and my welder.

The other good thing about the Jetex system is it is alot, and I mean alot, lighter than the OE system. The lardy old TQS needs all the help it can get.LOL.

I also like the fact that the silencers are all made with crimped joints, ie no welds to crack/split.

And lastly, it is much cheapness compared to a Milltek, although you get abit more with the Milltek ie link/downpipe.

Yep the Jetex is a half system. I was mating it to the OE downpipe and IIRC there was a difference in size that I wasn't able to sort out using the adapters supplied with the system. I got it sorted with a bit of pipe I already had and my welder.

The other good thing about the Jetex system is it is alot, and I mean alot, lighter than the OE system. The lardy old TQS needs all the help it can get.LOL.

I also like the fact that the silencers are all made with crimped joints, ie no welds to crack/split.

And lastly, it is much cheapness compared to a Milltek, although you get abit more with the Milltek ie link/downpipe.

ye i could certainly tell the difference in weight when i did the swap on B5QUATS drive it weights a ton when youre on your back lol

i was tempted to buy the jetex but the milltek came up and is fairly nice to drive with even though its the non-res system i dont think its that loud this misses does though and she also likes it (only thing she ****** does) lol !!

ive seen a few used B5 millteks go for £200 and less that being they were 2.8 and S4 millteks but can easily be made to fit theres still an APR one (its listed as being an AP but think its an apr as never heard of AP) iirc on ebay for £300 !!

Yeah doing an exhaust on your back it a PITA, but worth it, even if it is only less agro from the missus regards the car.LOL.

£300's pretty strong money for a used exhaust. I'd rather go for new and get a warranty.

The only thing I wish I'd done was get a stainless downpipe, the standard one is just so bad.

I'm thinking of making my own using 2.5" tube to match the Jetex, and moving the CAT to under the car, spliced in using some nice v bands.

****** hell look at that squeezed bit just after that pipe bit runs off in to the baffles, i also noticed the size differances in pipe diameter too the stock system is massively restricted as i found out when i fitted my milltek system that was my bargain for the year upto now £100 and my old system, massive difference on throttle response and even pops now and again dropping to 3rd or 2nd maybe because its non res and running the ths decat !!

Yeh the restriction is weird, but i presume its there for noise reasons. My system currently has stock cat/downpipe, 2.5" stainless middle pipe, and stock S4 mid and rear boxes, and at idle theres now a real whistle from the exhaust from the turbo, and it pops occasionally on a downshift. So i guess the stock system was restricted to stop those effects, which would obviously be undesireable for a brand new Audi...

I'm thinking of making my own using 2.5" tube to match the Jetex, and moving the CAT to under the car, spliced in using some nice v bands.

I was thinking of doing that on the wifes avant too when i fit the S4 system, will need to speak to some exhaust shops about it and see what they suggest. I really dont want any noise though, it must remain silenced as per factory!

I was thinking of doing that on the wifes avant too when i fit the S4 system, will need to speak to some exhaust shops about it and see what they suggest. I really dont want any noise though, it must remain silenced as per factory!

The cat being right after the turbo must have quite a big effect on silencing, but I reckon moving it under the car should improve turbo response, so I may lose silencing but gain response. I'm happy with that if it also means getting rid of that crappy link/downpipe with that daft 3 bolt connection that is so hard to reach.

Its easy to see though that the standard exhaust system does alot of the silencing, the size of the silencer boxes alone is a clue.

I think making the downpipe, straight from the turbo, to under the car would be quite easy. Just a couple of mandrel bends, a flexi, a reducing cone and a 10/12mm flange for the turbo. Most of which is available from Ebay. The biggest problem is the flange to connect to the turbo. I've made one before out of 10mm stainless plate, but it takes awhile with basic tools.

Thanks for the feedback.

Stock tail pipes are 67mm, so not much of an increase. I am however a bit put off by the fact that it sounds like a PITA to fit to the down pipe. I dont really want to be getting the welder out to fit it.

How often do millteks come up second hand? I need to do somthing fairly soon (preferably before the run out to Le Mans in June) so my hand may be forced to go for the Jetex.

How much louder are we talking, I dont really want it much lounder than standard if possible.

Besides Jetex, Milltek and OEM/S4, there is really nothing else, the Neuspeed one is as expensive as a milltek, and the factors ones will undoubtly be a bad fit and approx £240 too, so may as well spend the extra and get the Jetex.

Not really sure what to do.

Thanks for the feedback.

Stock tail pipes are 67mm, so not much of an increase. I am however a bit put off by the fact that it sounds like a PITA to fit to the down pipe. I dont really want to be getting the welder out to fit it.

How often do millteks come up second hand? I need to do somthing fairly soon (preferably before the run out to Le Mans in June) so my hand may be forced to go for the Jetex.

How much louder are we talking, I dont really want it much lounder than standard if possible.

Besides Jetex, Milltek and OEM/S4, there is really nothing else, the Neuspeed one is as expensive as a milltek, and the factors ones will undoubtly be a bad fit and approx £240 too, so may as well spend the extra and get the Jetex.

Not really sure what to do.

The Jetex is maybe 10% louder, its more noticeable when accelerating, when idling its just a tad louder.

Its not a total PITA to fit to the downpipe, its just not as straight forward as you'd hope, and anyway I'd replace the downpipe(£45 on ebay) whilst you're at it if yours is a few years old as it would be sods law that the flexi will fail 2 mins after completing the job.

The only other thing to consider is that the Milltek and Neuspeed come with the downpipe, so it is worth it to you(the £200 price difference that is) to be able just to bolt up the whole system with no hassle. Apart from lying on your back wrestling with an exhaust system that is. LOL.

The Jetex is maybe 10% louder, its more noticeable when accelerating, when idling its just a tad louder.

Its not a total PITA to fit to the downpipe, its just not as straight forward as you'd hope, and anyway I'd replace the downpipe(£45 on ebay) whilst you're at it if yours is a few years old as it would be sods law that the flexi will fail 2 mins after completing the job.

The only other thing to consider is that the Milltek and Neuspeed come with the downpipe, so it is worth it to you(the £200 price difference that is) to be able just to bolt up the whole system with no hassle. Apart from lying on your back wrestling with an exhaust system that is. LOL.

Do you have and pictures of the back of the car and the tailpipes in the recess?

I think I will go for it and get the jetex system, but just want to see what it looks like.

Again, thanks for the info / views on the jetex system.

Do you have and pictures of the back of the car and the tailpipes in the recess?

I think I will go for it and get the jetex system, but just want to see what it looks like.

Again, thanks for the info / views on the jetex system.

I haven't got any pictures right now, but I'll get them tomorrow for you.

Heres mine stock -

441135fc.jpg

heres mine with milltek -

02BC4CF3-5BAC-4816-98D6-AC74ADACC423-3535-0000047F84AC2B8A_zpsed79cdd9.jpg

the milltek is 76.2mm so not that far of the jetex for a comparison.

Sorry for the delay, but here's a pic of mine with the jetex :

Thanks guys. That looks alright doesnt it, 80mm sounds big but in reality it looks at home in the opening. Again, thats for sorting the pics for me!

Are quattro and 2wd exhaust the same?
The reason I ask is the cheap stainless A4 1.8T exhausts on ebay (doesnt say if its to suit 2wd or 4wd) with an 80mm tail pipe, full stainless, mandrel bends, and tig welded joints. Never going to be amazing for £190 but if they are atleast standard ID, probably not restricted in the boxes like the original, and of a good enough quality then its not bad. I could even weld different tail pipes on if I wanted at that price, withouth feeling like I was chopping into a £400 system.

In the end I ordered a very good used S4 system, which was infact a 3" RS4 system, so thats going back. After that faff and chasing up several S4 systems only to find they where knackered I decided to go for the Jetex.

Got it all fitted up on saturday. The fitment is good, had no trouble connecting it to my down pipe, it doesnt hit anywhere, and all seems to fit nicely. I trial fitted the rear box 3 or 4 times adjusting the two rear hangers to get the tail pipes to be a nice fit in the rear valance and they now look very at home. Im going to swap the naff U Clamps for some mikalor type band clamps for some more clearance in a few places but its not vital, and its mainly a problem as I intend to lower the car, so didint want the clamps hanging down.

The noise is good, just slightly louder than stock - still OEM sounding. All in all I'm really glad I didnt go for the S4 setup, as this seems to be brilliant.

Its a real shame that you dont get a 2.5" stainless down pipe - does any other company do one that can be bought seperately?