Jet Seal over wax coating?

WillC8

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Need some advice, I made a bit of an impulse buy yesterday, got some Chemical guys Jet Seal sealant off Slim's after seeing how easy it was to apply. However, after doing a little research today, it seems that it is best to put sealant on before wax (sorry i'm a newb with sealants). I put a layer of Natty's wax on my vehicle last week, would it be pointless putting a layer of Jet seal on top now?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Will

Yep the sealant won't bond properly to the wax. Patience. :) When the wax wears off give it a go.

Audi jet seal

Thanks guys, since it was a nice day yesterday I decided to try to strip the old wax layer off. Used meguiars deep crystal paint cleaner on a recommendation. So only did bonnet to test out. After applied two coats of jet seal and then a layer of Collinite. Hoping the jet seal bonded but the bonnet looks pretty darn good.

Reactions: Matt@Slim'sDetailing, scotty76 and Bristle Hound
View attachment 70115

Thanks guys, since it was a nice day yesterday I decided to try to strip the old wax layer off. Used meguiars deep crystal paint cleaner on a recommendation. So only did bonnet to test out. After applied two coats of jet seal and then a layer of Collinite. Hoping the jet seal bonded but the bonnet looks pretty darn good.

It does look good!

Yeah, you should be ok. Meguiar's paint cleaner will have taken off the last of your previous wax. Jet seal will last you a long old time as well, especially with two layers.

Ready for winter!