Jerky gear changes / stuttering at low speed

PeterS

Reaction score
Its not often used for long journeys, but recently, when it is, our e-tron had started to exhibit stuttering / jerky gear changes at low speed. Not always, but often enough to be an issue. There was also the occasional error message - 'gearbox fault' or 'drivetrain fault'. So it was booked in to Brighton Audi to be looked at. Turns out that it's a faulty mechatronics (sp?) unit, and replacement is needed. Vehicle specific and coded to the car in Germany apparently. So at the moment there's a new shape A4 on the drive as the part will take several days and the dealer didn't want me to have the car back in case it failed completely!

Just an update really; the car is still with Brighton Audi... Should be finished tomorrow...looks like it's in the workshop with the bonnet open, so still some work to do!!

The virtual cockpit display in the A4 is pretty cool, but I do miss the Google Earth mapping in the etron - whilst impressive the A4 graphics just look dated in comparison...

Well the e-tron is now back, after just after a week at Brighton Audi. All seems well, and they kept us informed as well as mobile. And I was pleasantly surprised to find theyd left an Audi / Samsonite laptop case and an Audi accessories pack (usb stick in the shape of an Audi key, SD card a 4 Audi valve caps) on the passenger seat :)

They seem to charge £165 for the bag alone...whether any one pays that is another matter ;)