Jerking after acceleration

Hairy Poppins

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I purchased a Semi-auto Audi A6 Avant 2L back at the end of March.

In the past week I have been experiencing some issues with the gears in 1st and Reverse. I can only describe it like the brakes are sticking off the the initial start from moving point or the car feels like it is about to stall but once you get past that jerking point the car moves through every other gear with no issues. It seems to be alot worse when the auto-hold is turned on. When it is off it does not seem as bad.

I still have warranty on the car but the garage remains closed. So have came to use for some insight or help.

Thanks for looking

Just had the garage ring me about the issues.

He says that the jerking could be the diff and because I have put on different offset wheels on an automatic car this is probably what caused it.

Have to get the vehicle recovered to the garage.

Anyone ever experienced this problem before?

I wouldn't say changing the wheels is going to mess anything up.... I spoke to a ferw firends who have owned autos for years and they've all changed to various sized wheels over their ownership and never heard of anything like that...

Same as myself. After getting the phone call I was like, wtf, never heard of this before. So rang a few mates who are mechanics and they also where puzzled and had never heard of this.

I could understand it being a diff issue if one of the wheels was 18" and the rest 20". But not in this case.

Thanks for your reply @J10NMM

Same as myself. After getting the phone call I was like, wtf, never heard of this before. So rang a few mates who are mechanics and they also where puzzled and had never heard of this.

I could understand it being a diff issue if one of the wheels was 18" and the rest 20". But not in this case.

Thanks for your reply @J10NMM
sounds like they are guessing to me and you're paying the bill

Reactions: Hairy Poppins