Jeff's S4

Mine was 3 weeks from build to dealers (and it sat at Sheerness for 6 days awaiting transport), then a day to PDI it, if that helps.
The dealers will naturally take longer at new reg time due to numbers.
Also, I think geography has a factor in it too....the ship goes to more than one port, the transporter goes to more than one dealer.
That could work in my favour. I'm in Bexleyheath, 40 miles up the A2 from Sheerness.

Reactions: StuBill
Just had another email back from Bexley Audi, saying BW 24 is last week of June.
How many days in a week for you?? :) Anyhoo, I'm seriously confused now. My car is BW21, which I was told was 18th May, followed by the delivery/prep time of an extra 3-4 weeks. :(

BH/jdp1962 : Maybe the dates you have are for expected delivery, rather than when the car is actually built?

Yep, confirmed had a brain f@rt moment. Putting it down to the sun being out of alignment with moon lol :laugh:

Checked all my docs. & my BW is 20, which I was quoted was 11th May :thumbs up:

Don't know where I got 8th June from :think::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: silentbrown
Going to ring Audi CS in the morning just to make sure of my BW & dates :D

Well, if BW20 is 11 May, then BW 24 would be 8 June, and three weeks after that will be 29 June. I suspect my sales lady at Bexley Audi was forecasting the car to arrive around 29 June.

You were asking about detailing Jeff. This my car after its new car protection detail with CQuartz Finest. The coating is good for two years and I can confirm after a wash it's still beading away like a good 'n.

Bonnet
Bonnet2
Passenger side
10502006 699132806836279 2129547485258176552 n

Reactions: ERBY
Sweet. I should be talking to a local detailer today. He was on holiday when I emailed him last week but replied from his phone to say we'd speak today.

Ok, the MY2015/16 thread looks like being fantastic news for me. Subject to confirmation on Tuesday from my sales lady, it looks like I'm going to be able to add hill-hold assist, main beam assist and sports diff to the spec without breaking my budget. :beerchug:

Ok, the MY2015/16 thread looks like being fantastic news for me. Subject to confirmation on Tuesday from my sales lady, it looks like I'm going to be able to add hill-hold assist, main beam assist and sports diff to the spec without breaking my budget. :beerchug:

You won't regret those options, hill hold is worth it for £65(?) the biggest surprise for me is how much the diff has reduced the under steer which was so much more noticeable on my old B6 S4. It's so much more wonderful to drive:racer:

Reactions: scotty76, jdp1962 and V6 Quatt
You won't regret those options, hill hold is worth it for £65(?) the biggest surprise for me is how much the diff has reduced the under steer which was so much more noticeable on my old B6 S4. It's so much more wonderful to drive:racer:

David thanks for the insight on the diff. I'd always wondered what real world difference it made. One of the cars I test drove had it and handled so well that I decided to add it to my order.

This model year spec change has really made me rethink some of my options. If AMI & Parking Plus are no longer standard, I don't think I'll add AMI as an option. The only device I'd connect via it would be my phone, but that will already be connected via phone prep, so I'll never use AMI. No, I think that for music, i'll do what I do now - and what @scotty76 does, and use SD cards. So, here's my thinking.

Price increase = +£350
Delete Tech package = -£1,115
Add Parking System Plus =+£325

That puts me £440 up, so not enough to cover the cost of a sports diff. But if I downgrade from phone rep high to low, that releases another £175, putting me £615 up. The sports diff costs £620. I'm there.

That's the conversation I''ll have with Bexley Audi on Tuesday.

Reactions: scotty76
This model year spec change has really made me rethink some of my options. If AMI & Parking Plus are no longer standard, I don't think I'll add AMI as an option. The only device I'd connect via it would be my phone, but that will already be connected via phone prep, so I'll never use AMI. No, I think that for music, i'll do what I do now - and what @scotty76 does, and use SD cards. So, here's my thinking.

Price increase = +£350
Delete Tech package = -£1,115
Add Parking System Plus =+£325

That puts me £440 up, so not enough to cover the cost of a sports diff. But if I downgrade from phone rep high to low, that releases another £175, putting me £615 up. The sports diff costs £620. I'm there.

That's the conversation I''ll have with Bexley Audi on Tuesday.
Jeff,
The phone upgrade didn't seem worth it to me so I went low, the upgrade (as I understood it) "enhanced the signal" & you could include a cradle in the armrest (which was also extra cost) even the 'low' option has provided more than enough functionality as its included in the 'DIS' and I've never had any issues with signal. Those things aside there may of been advantages with being able to see texts with the upgrade?? Those guys that did the upgrade may correct me of course.

This is the thing, Dave. I have to ask if I really will use Audi Connect. It's so easy just to fall into the trap of speccing everything you fancy, but I have a budget, and I have to stick to it. So it's important to make sure I choose what I will get most use from.

What does annoy me is that because I've selected supersport seats, I'm forced to pay £165 for a through-load facility that I know I'll never use.

Jeff I have the standard phone prep and never felt it was lacking. Also have Parking System Plus.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and ERBY
This is the thing, Dave. I have to ask if I really will use Audi Connect. It's so easy just to fall into the trap of speccing everything you fancy, but I have a budget, and I have to stick to it. So it's important to make sure I choose what I will get most use from.

What does annoy me is that because I've selected supersport seats, I'm forced to pay £165 for a through-load facility that I know I'll never use.

I know I shouldn't have and I know that a lot of portable sat Nav systems are better than the one audi fits but when I spec'd my car I decided to add it purely because IMO it made the dash look better and I believed that it would be easier to sell.

You are right that you should add on the stuff that you'll use and you've made the right choice adding the diff! I also agree that the standard phone prep is fine.

Reactions: kanecullen89, ERBY, jdp1962 and 1 other person
Agree, discipline is key here but boy is it hard...I still wake at night regretting super sports but you have to draw the line somewhere!

Reactions: Bristle Hound and scotty76
I can't deselect supersport seats even if I wanted to. Mrs Jdp doesn't like alcantara.

Reactions: scotty76
I'm trying to figure out whether the windscreen on my car will have a graduated tint band across the top. My old B6 A4 did, my current B7 doesn't, and a walk round Bexley Audi's forecourt leaves me none the wiser. Some cars have it, some don't and there's no discernible pattern to determine why.
:think:

Agree, discipline is key here but boy is it hard...I still wake at night regretting super sports but you have to draw the line somewhere!
Agree Dave :thumbs up:

I'm having to be tough with myself as my order still isn't in lockdown

Now where's that brochure ... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm trying to figure out whether the windscreen on my car will have a graduated tint band across the top. My old B6 A4 did, my current B7 doesn't, and a walk round Bexley Audi's forecourt leaves me none the wiser. Some cars have it, some don't and there's no discernible pattern to determine why.
:think:
Yup, mine has

A nice little option I ticked was the rear manual window blinds, my OCD would of never of coped with my wife sticking Disney blinds from mothercare all over the windows, I'd of just supplied my daughter sunglasses instead!! This has been great...nice & neat & tidy :)

A nice little option I ticked was the rear manual window blinds, my OCD would of never of coped with my wife sticking Disney blinds from mothercare all over the windows, I'd of just supplied my daughter sunglasses instead!! This has been great...nice & neat & tidy :)
I ticked the "no children" option. :laugh:

Reactions: ERBY and Bristle Hound
Had these in my last B8 A4 Dave for the Grandkids but bever got to use them really, so a no from me this time on this option
'Tis a bargain for £100 tho' :thumbs up:

Blind down -

Blind up -

I ticked the "no children" option. :laugh:
+1 :D

...so you'll understand why "the family car" doesn't get used much for 'family stuff'!!
Agghhh not more crumbs?!:confused:

Reactions: jdp1962
Just thought of another question for existing owners of recent S4 Black Editions, so that's you @scotty76 and @David J. Does it have aluminium covers for both pedals and the footrest, or just the pedals?

Good plan with the SD cards unless your a die hard a**le fanboy. The DAC in the Audi system is head and shoulders above the fruity offering. What this means is that the audio from the SD cards
sounds way better than it does played off an Ipod or Iphone through the AMI. Having said that the USB interface on the AMI is useful.
OSIR do a very nice alloy footrest cover for the TT....might have a look see if they do one for the S4 in a bit :)

I strongly suspect that the bit implying that S4 Black Edition no longer has AMI and Parking is a cockup. It would make no sense if a boggo Black edition got them but an S4 didn't.