JBS RESULTS

Ballcrusher

NO CAT JUST 3" STRAIT THREW
Reaction score
Website
www.incar-forum.com
been up jbs for a few days and come away with a big smile after they fitted all my forge goodies and phase 2 remap--- 278.9 BHP///330 FT TORQUE must say the guys at jbs no there stuff please if you want ya car maped go to jbs autodisign you wont be disappointed :hubbahubba:

30012007666.jpg

Thats a great result mate, really impressive figures.:)

I look forward to seeing what sort of times you can manage at pod with the extra power.

How is the clutch(If it's not uprated)

When you next going to Santa Pod then?

nice results. Is that your complete engine spec in your sig? I'd like to get mine to the same power but don't want to change the CAT's.

chears all at FORGE for the intercooler kit and silicone upgrade must say set my car off a real treat and for performance what can i say:rock: i recomend it to every one and of course jbs for all there time to get everything 100%
1.jpg

4.jpg

26012007647.jpg

26012007644.jpg

Just noticed from your pics mate its on a 2wd rolling road, do they not use a 4wd rolling road?

S3Steve said:
Just noticed from your pics mate its on a 2wd rolling road, do they not use a 4wd rolling road?

Some places do some dont! depend if they have a 4wd roller. If not they just turn off the rear wheels.

its strait through from decat pipe 2/three quarter inch the from rear diff its 3" that foes nin to a 4 by 6 rear can t think
26012007647-1.jpg

26012007644.jpg

330lbft torque.... I'd like to see the boost graph to see if that's true...

I sniff an over optimistic set of rollers...

That looks greast mate! what did the FMIC work out at ££ ?

That exhaust tone is ****** amazing never ehard an S3 like that before!

Jason

Any discount on B4 A4 FMIC's??

will be looking for one very shortly to go with my new manifold IHIVF3,new exhaust, injectors and remap

chris

DavidR said:
I sniff an over optimistic set of rollers...

Those numbers are high but TBH I've always found the rollers at JBS to be quite accurate. Trust me, I've been on a few.

rich1068 said:
Those numbers are high but TBH I've always found the rollers at JBS to be quite accurate. Trust me, I've been on a few.

Those numbers are, frankly, impossible to acheive on a K04 S3 with the modifications listed. I have 30+ dyno plots of my former S3 running in numerous states of tune on a well respected dyno, and set up in a similar manner to the one in this thread and these numbers are fantasy.

The figures CAN be acheived on a K04, but you need some additional modifications to acheive them.

Torque is directly proportional to boost on the S3. I'm still waiting to see the boost graph to substantiate these figures.

Additionally, whether or not the 2WD rollers are accurate, the results are irrelevent for comparative purposes on a 4WD car. Assuming the rear prop was disconnected (I doubt this, but it is the only safe way to run a haldex car in 2WD) then the resistance of the rear diff, brakes, wheels and tyres are negated at a stroke. This dramatically impacts on the figures obtained. Running with the haldex controller unplugged is damaging too - the rear diff is not designed to be stationary whilst all the other mechanicals downwind are doing 90+ mph on a power run.

You cannot compare one S3 meaningfully with another when one is run in 4WD and one in 2WD, even less so one run on a 4WD roller compared with a 2WD roller. The numbers CANNOT make sense.

Also, I know from bitter experience that the S3 on a K04 turbo running 332lbft cannot be run in 2WD - there is not enough traction available on the rollers - mine tried to jump out of several dynos (and that was in 4WD). The only way to get such high torque figures is with a very aggressive power delivery.

I remain thouroughly unconvinced.

well i must say cose some cant get what other can dosnt meen thre figurs arnt true ive seen this on many forums and it ****** me off so her is the print out from jbs DAVID and if you still aint happy and you thinks its wrong ring jbs ask for james and ask him why the to torqe is to high as you seem to no more sorry the pic aint good
kjhbihb.jpg

Ballcrusher said:
well i must say cose some cant get what other can dosnt meen thre figurs arnt true ive seen this on many forums and it ****** me off so her is the print out from jbs DAVID and if you still aint happy and you thinks its wrong ring jbs ask for james and ask him why the to torqe is to high as you seem to no more sorry the pic aint good

Any chance you can re-write that in English?
You have a computer, not a monile phone...so you have a full keyboard...I, for one, find all this txt talk ****** too hard to read.

And that graph doesn't look anything like ANY S3 graph I've ever seen making big torque...there is no torque peak...in my view, thewre's no way you have 330 lb-ft.
A print out yes...proper torque? Not with a graph like that.

Maybe it would help if you could make clear what the writing is, as the pic isn't too clear (as you've said)

What does it say next to Boost? 1.2?
What does it say next to pressure? Looks like 2393?
What gear was the run carried out in?
What RPM is peak torque?
Qhat RPM is peak power?

Boost is not shown, I assume?
If it is, can you point out which line is boost?

The K04 CAN NOT produce 330 lb-ft for more than a few 100 RPM...and it spikes...yours looks far too smooth.
What is the scaling at the bottom of the graph? Maybe it's just stretched out...?

stop being a ***** and talking ****** your self im only showing what david asked for like i said ring jbs and ask them your self

and if you want to inlarge the pic save it on to your pc then zoom in on it or is that to hard for you to do
h.jpg

Fancy a 14 day ban?
Read the rules...before you start throwing insults at an Admin user with access to a 'ban' button.

Your grammar and spelling really take the cake, by the way...

So what's happening here?...you write in some form of English that I can't understand and it's me that's wrong...not you that's uneducated?
Righty oh...

Then I ask you perfectly reasonable questions about your graph which you weren't able to reproduce in a way that anyone can objectively view it, and I'm the one in the wrong?
Okay...

You keep fooling yourself about your power and torque output...

The rest of us would like to see the proof, and hear answers to perfectly rational questions...because just maybe JBS are managing to do what no other tuner are...and then everyone will know where to go for their re-maps.

Until then, its a work of fiction...

The questions were valid...all you have to do is point out what things say and what's what...obviously that's too hard.

So you take your 'Gangsta' print out off to bed...have you not got school tomorrow?

This is exactly why I don't really bother with car forums anymore. Name calling on both sides and generally childish behaviour. Meh...

its ok for you to say ****** to me but cose your admin it seem like you cant take a bit of banter your self.and cose i type as i say things dont meen im ******* stupid.as i remember its peek boost 1.5 bar ive asked james at jbs to post a reply him self to explain these results work out

bit of banter dont hurt anyone just remember there cars just a bit of FUN

I too am puzzled by your graph (and your spelling, and your need for blatant swearing - what ever happened to the filter?). 1.5 bar on a k04 will give you about 260bhp. The graph is just wrong. A standard fourth gear pull would give you a max speed of about 100mph, yours says 142.3???? And why take it up to 7081rpm? That's miles past the peak power on a K04.

A remap, and exhaust will NOT give you that sort of power. Simply impossible. No need to insult people if you can't accept that.

And why is it that almost no one on a public forum seems to know the difference between they're, there and their?

Ballcrusher said:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/ballcrusher/kjhbihb.jpg

Almost incomprehensable, but from what I think you're trying to say is that you are defying the compressor maps? It's not a case of getting what someone else can't. Your power and torque limits are defined by the flow capacity of the turbo.

Ballcrusher said:
stop being a ***** and talking ****** your self im only showing what david asked for like i said ring jbs and ask them your self

and if you want to inlarge the pic save it on to your pc then zoom in on it or is that to hard for you to do
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/ballcrusher/h.jpg

Did that, just made the fuzziness bigger.

hey guys im not trying to say wats wat as im not up on data as other are all i now is jbs mapped my car fitted all the forge stuff and they gave me as prof ROLING ROAD GRAPH im not one for a slanging match but dont make me out to be some little kid who cant spell. also im not a keyborde worrier but like i said i spell as i say things.

individuals identified as dyslexic have a disorder that prevents the individual from linking the spoken form of a word with its written equivalent.

carry on taking the pi$$ admin

rich1068 said:
This is exactly why I don't really bother with car forums anymore. Name calling on both sides and generally childish behaviour....

:ermm:

hope you realise you just posted that on a car forum...

ceedubya said:
individuals identified as dyslexic have a disorder that prevents the individual from linking the spoken form of a word with its written equivalent.

carry on taking the pi$$ admin

Is he dyslexic ? Is he ?

Ballcrusher are you dyslexic ? or just lazy ?

all Ive got to say is if this turns into a huge e-beef over night I hope no-one deletes this thread, as I missed the Sirus and TDi beating S3 scandals...

whats going on with this forum these days, it seems as if no one can post anything without being criticised and it all turns into some stupid argument.

im quite sure ballcrusher has been typing more or less like this since he joined. It never was a big issue before.

anyway the likes admin & 'chriS3' seem to know what they are talking about, so i would definately go back to jbs, and get the whole dyno reading cleared up.

Not so sure if it posting without being criticised, more a case of being able to accept criticism if your pride and joy is at stake.

Glen and David have proven that with time, money, effort, and a strung out K04 those numbers can be attained. I think they're also dyno proven that cats, exhausts, FMIC's, and induction systems don't add a great deal in terms of power.

As has been said, those numbers are achievable with a shade under 1.9bar. That's with minimised wastegate creep for faster spool, a de-restricted turbo outlet pipe, and a greater compliment of mods.

As for running it in FWD, I prefer to have mine run the way I drive it. That means the figures I get out are the figures I get to play with on the open road. No ego numbers, and all transmision losses accounted for.

ive been on to jbs aand they said there gonna be posting very soon at the end of the day who cares wat people get im happy with mine ive herd sory even higher good luck to em im not here to judg im here to have fun

Ballcrusher said:
hey guys im not trying to say wats wat as im not up on data as other are all i now is jbs mapped my car fitted all the forge stuff and they gave me as prof ROLING ROAD GRAPH im not one for a slanging match but dont make me out to be some little kid who cant spell. also im not a keyborde worrier but like i said i spell as i say things.

So why not tell us what's written on the graph, that we all can't read?
Like I asked you politely to do?

A "keyborde worrier". No, certainly aren't are you?
Jesus...is it too hard to make the effort?

I notice you have changed your signature to reflect the correct spelling...
Shall I do the rest for you as well?

Try "rear can with oval tail pipe" instead of "reaer can with oval tall pipe".