rcnacura

US Spec 8V
Reaction score
Hello All! I've been trying to figure out a way to get two devices to talk to the OBD port, which is technically impossible the way it works. JB4 is currently hooked up permanently to the car so I've been trying to figure if there is a way to use a spare OBD device to get data directly from the powertrain canbus wires (500kbps Baud). So far it looks like I cannot find a device that can pull canbus information to be used with say a program like torque.

Today I was out in the car playing with the JB4 and tried getting my Android device to recognize the device as a USB OBD device. Torque can see the device on the USB, but it can't pull any information from it, even though the Jb4 can read the various engine data.

I've been playing around with this for awhile as I frequently take my car to the track and rely on the data for track session recordings using Harry's Lap Timer, RaceDroid Pro and Track Addict Android apps. Does anyone know how to get canbus signals or maybe George, will there be maybe an update to the Jb4 so it can be used as a USB OBD device with mobile devices?

Reactions: racerboy55
i remember George told me it wont work together as i wanted to get obdeleven.

I think you're best asking George directly but I wouldn't hold your breath, i've seen a few people with the same issue without any resolution

Reactions: rcnacura
Yes George stated they will look into it when jb4 was released, but sure its a last priority for them at the moment. Still trying to figure out an adruino canbus solution, but I'm far from an engineer to understand it all. Will keep tinkering.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: OliS3
Yes George stated they will look into it when jb4 was released, but sure its a last priority for them at the moment. Still trying to figure out an adruino canbus solution, but I'm far from an engineer to understand it all. Will keep tinkering.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Good luck and let us know how it goes

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: rcnacura