JB4 info and discussion thread

Just checked it out. I thought Map 2 was additive not absolute??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it is but u can convert it to absolute in Map 6. Some say it's better

Anyone running updated firmware of jb4?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I got directly from George, haven't flash the firmware yet.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Just removed my JB4 from the car, always ran on map 2 and the difference was absolutely insane. Anyone on the fence should take the leap!

Car is now sold so I have removed the JB4 and Bluetooth kin which is for sale in the classifieds section if anyone is keen !

Tried Map 6 with George’s settings and was amazing.

Reactions: Jon Roach

S3 vs rs3 facelift

S3 JB4, sports cat downpipe, vwr600, CTS turbo inlet pipe

Rs3 stock

Reactions: Salik Sajid
Thanks for reply!
Are You using auto clear for O2 sensor CELs?

Yes I have on the auto clear feature so I don’t get any CEL, with it off I do get a check engine light but that only happens when I’m driving calmly. Guess being a sports cat the 02 sensor is sensing too much flow.

I upgraded yesterday and took it this morning to work. It seems smoother but will test more this wkend

Reactions: Salik Sajid and OliS3
Anyone experienced problems with the haldex unit? I'm asking because the additional stress on the clutch plates may wear them prematurely and thus contaminate the oil in the unit and blocking the filter.

My question arose after reading this thread: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/check-this-out-haldex-pump.348155/
(I know @RedS3Reilly is runing almost twice the stock power but I just thought I would hear other peoples experiences with haldex and JB4)

Anyone experienced problems with the haldex unit? I'm asking because the additional stress on the clutch plates may wear them prematurely and thus contaminate the oil in the unit and blocking the filter.

My question arose after reading this thread: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/check-this-out-haldex-pump.348155/
(I know @RedS3Reilly is runing almost twice the stock power but I just thought I would hear other peoples experiences with haldex and JB4)

Stay away from launch control when using a tuning box as that’s when the most stress occurs from my experience since the gearbox doesn’t read true torque levels etc. When running more power than stock more stress will be put on the Gearbox,transfer box and haldex unit. With regular maintenance and respecting the car, you shouldn’t experience any issues.

Stay away from launch control when using a tuning box as that’s when the most stress occurs from my experience since the gearbox doesn’t read true torque levels etc. When running more power than stock more stress will be put on the Gearbox,transfer box and haldex unit. With regular maintenance and respecting the car, you shouldn’t experience any issues.

Regarding the launch control; could you get around this by putting 0 psi boost in an additive map6 in 1st gear and maybe 3 psi in 2nd and then unlimited in all other gears?

Regarding the launch control; could you get around this by putting 0 psi boost in an additive map6 in 1st gear and maybe 3 psi in 2nd and then unlimited in all other gears?

That wat i do for not putting load on first/2nd gear...... 0.1 on max boost on 1st and 2.0 or 3.0 on max boost 2nd.

That wat i do for not putting load on first/2nd gear...... 0.1 on max boost on 1st and 2.0 or 3.0 on max boost 2nd.

So you'll have to have a number larger than zero to make it registrer the boost limitation?

Finally decided to get a Vbox after wanted to get one for quite some time. Did a few runs from 60-100mph. Not going to bother doing 60-120mph or any launch controls for now as the weather and private road conditions are just too dangerous (0/1 degree temps).

60-100mph times where 5 Seconds flat in 2 runs, and 5.1 on the final run (incline slope).

Attachments

• E5D86C4B-5F15-4FB3-858A-8C11F42CA1E0.jpeg
    E5D86C4B-5F15-4FB3-858A-8C11F42CA1E0.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 282
Reactions: NotNormal

You could limit boost in gears 1/2 but then that would be limiting the amount of power surely ? I did a 3k launch awhile back instead of 4.5k by feathering the throttle and it launched off cleanly and hard.

You could limit boost in gears 1/2 but then that would be limiting the amount of power surely ? I did a 3k launch awhile back instead of 4.5k by feathering the throttle and it launched off cleanly and hard.
The car only runs a small amount of boost in 1st. The issue is my map 6 is asking for 24psi about double what I've seen. Dropping the 1st gear boost to 3 psi over stock or say 16 psi depending on air temp still gives extra power but doesn't upset launch control

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I have a JB1 installed on my 2015 S3, but for the life of me cant get the software installed on my laptop. I have been in conversation with George from Burger Motorsport but still no luck...think my laptop is knackered.

Is there anyone based in the South London area that would be able to help out at all? I'm keen to get some logs over to George and change to a bespoke Map 6.

Any help would be greatly received.

Hi all,

I have a JB1 installed on my 2015 S3, but for the life of me cant get the software installed on my laptop. I have been in conversation with George from Burger Motorsport but still no luck...think my laptop is knackered.

Is there anyone based in the South London area that would be able to help out at all? I'm keen to get some logs over to George and change to a bespoke Map 6.

I had the same issue when i had a jb1, i had to change something in the laptops settings before it would work but i was speaking to george on facebook at the time and he talked me through it, think i sent him a few pics and he guided me through it all

Hi all,

I'm in the west midlands but it should work on any laptop with usb.

Other option is use an Android phone, I use my S8 with a USB-C to USB-A adaptor and it works a treat

I had the same issue when i had a jb1, i had to change something in the laptops settings before it would work but i was speaking to george on facebook at the time and he talked me through it, think i sent him a few pics and he guided me through it all

It's really annoying. I got to the point where I had the JB4 program on screen, but couldn't identify the unit through the laptops com ports.

The laptop is an old work one and is now decommissioned, so I'm up s**t creek with zero paddles now!

I'm in the west midlands but it should work on any laptop with usb.

Other option is use an Android phone, I use my S8 with a USB-C to USB-A adaptor and it works a treat

Thanks for the reply. Any idea if it works with iPhone?

Try to add a new user on your laptop and then install it. For some reason, I couldn’t install it as well until I created a new user.

It's really annoying. I got to the point where I had the JB4 program on screen, but couldn't identify the unit through the laptops com ports.

The laptop is an old work one and is now decommissioned, so I'm up s**t creek with zero paddles now!

Screenshot_20180130-163743_zpscmcvwzdv.png

Screenshot_20180130-163812_zpstqomk6cg.png

Seems like u have to change the com port to 3....hope this helps but its the only screenshots i had from when i had the problem

Try to add a new user on your laptop and then install it. For some reason, I couldn’t install it as well until I created a new user.

That was going to be my next port of call but the laptop is now out of action until I get someone from our IT support to come out and sort it!

Screenshot_20180130-163743_zpscmcvwzdv.png

Screenshot_20180130-163812_zpstqomk6cg.png

Seems like u have to change the com port to 3....hope this helps but its the only screenshots i had from when i had the problem

Thanks mate. I'll have to see if I can install it on the wifes laptop!

Reactions: 24styles
I know it's a pretty specific question but have anyone done the following comparison? If so, what was your impression?

Dynamic mode, ESC Off (or Sport), acceleration from stand still:
1. Boost limited in 1st (0.1 psi) and launch control
2. No boost limit in 1st and just flooring it without launch control

Hi guys, looking for some advice regarding the JB4 before I bite the bullet;

1. How do you switch between maps 1-8 (or however many there are)? Laptop every time if I don't purchase the Bluetooth hardware & software?

2. I noticed that you have to puncture a rubber bung in the bulkhead for an OBD2 connection - my understanding was that there were only 3 connectors to disturb (camshaft, boost & MAF sensors) - what does the OBD2 connection do?

3. Where does the JB4 unit receive its power supply from? Is it picked up from one of the wires in the loom or do you have to tap into a 12V source?

Cheers,

Greg.

PS cracking thread @OliS3