JB4 info and discussion thread

Thanks Oli
I will try and let You know...

Reactions: OliS3
I went for my dyno run today and I had a fantastic day and my ears are slowly recovering

The car made 367hp at the fly, 328 wheel hp and 368 Ib/ft. For £400 and some help from George i'm amazed!

Run 1 - Map 6 (Good ING advance, IAT weren't too high)
Run 2 - Map 6 (ING advance dropped to below 5 as IAT was climbing but still made best power?)
Run 3 - Map 4 (should be stock but it works out at 325hp fly?)
Run 4 - Map 6 (IAT was very high, still a good result for a heat soaked car)

20170318 182436

20170318 154208

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Salik Sajid and racerboy55
Thanks for sharing the results Oli! Was your car stock? Funny that map2 gave more power than more aggressive map6..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing the results Oli! Was your car stock? Funny that map2 gave more power than more aggressive map6..

Happy to have the info to share :)

I'd read the post again

So second run is map 6 or 2?
Which gear was use?

I went for my dyno run today and I had a fantastic day and my ears are slowly recovering

The car made 367hp at the fly, 328 wheel hp and 368 Ib/ft. For £400 and some help from George i'm amazed!

Run 2 - Map 6 (ING advance dropped to below 5 as IAT was climbing but still made best power?)

View attachment 120267

View attachment 120268

Nice!

How was it again, is your car completly stock besides the Jb4, or does it have slight hardware mods like intake, inlet elbow, etc?

The 325 on map4 is a bit odd I agree (unless you have full bolt on mods). Didn't think the Jb added any boost there. Wonder what George says...

There's no map 2 runs, i wonder why u didnt we cud have compare with map 6 runs. Anyway those are impressive runs, u need some more bolt-on mods to support iats.

Sent from my HTC 10

So second run is map 6 or 2?
Which gear was use?

4th gear on all runs

Nice!

How was it again, is your car completly stock besides the Jb4, or does it have slight hardware mods like intake, inlet elbow, etc?

The 325 on map4 is a bit odd I agree (unless you have full bolt on mods). Didn't think the Jb added any boost there. Wonder what George says...

I've pulled the snow gate out the air box and the exhaust flaps are open, other than that nothing else

Reactions: Salik Sajid and S3 Turbo
There's no map 2 runs, i wonder why u didnt we cud have compare with map 6 runs. Anyway those are impressive runs, u need some more bolt-on mods to support iats.

Sent from my HTC 10

I'm glad someone noticed I didn't run map 2. Originally I had 3 runs so I wanted to do 2 runs of map 6 and a stock run which made sense. Anyway he let me have another run but I never thought to use map 2 which maybe I should have but my car feels so much stronger on map 6 I've never looked back and thought to try map 2 again.

Agreed on the mods but i'm trying to behave

Reactions: Salik Sajid, S3 Turbo and racerboy55
I've pulled the snow gate out the air box and the exhaust flaps are open, other than that nothing else

That's really impressive I think for completely stock esentially.

I think so, seems like the best bang for buck mod anyway

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Can you share your map 6 settings?
Keen to compare to mine, which are below.
I'm doing a dyno day soon and will post my numbers.

1d9321318d16c1a833ee1b2573a59782.jpg

Can you share your map 6 settings?
Keen to compare to mine, which are below.
I'm doing a dyno day soon and will post my numbers.

1d9321318d16c1a833ee1b2573a59782.jpg

13689a7eebe461fdb7777c5b38b684b0.jpg

Run that and post your logs for me please.

13689a7eebe461fdb7777c5b38b684b0.jpg

Run that and post your logs for me please.

Cheers !
What fuel open loop are you running ?

Cheers !
What fuel open loop are you running ?

60 as it was out of the box for me.

Let me know what you think of these settings, made mine a torque monster compared to map 2

Reactions: Wood_Duck
Let me know what you think of these settings, made mine a torque monster compared to map 2

That's interesting as I found map 2 a bit too aggressive as a daily drive, hence George helped me with my current map 6 set up. I'm getting high 3 second 0-60 times with the following mods on map 6.
BMS Intake
BMS turbo inlet elbow
BMS turbo muffler delete
GFB DV+

Agree that the JB4 is great bang for buck !

I'll run your settings this week and report back

Audi S3 MY16 Daytona Grey

Reactions: OliS3 and S3 Turbo
My settings
1EB49872-AA6F-4184-BA75-FB1E1613C63A_zpsbyp7omhp.jpg

I got r600 intake. Fuel vpover nitro 100
FOL 60 but I got error code when scanned 3AD2 which is fuel rail pressure low. That's very weird because I have not seen check engine light

My settings
1EB49872-AA6F-4184-BA75-FB1E1613C63A_zpsbyp7omhp.jpg

I got r600 intake. Fuel vpover nitro 100
FOL 60 but I got error code when scanned 3AD2 which is fuel rail pressure low. That's very weird because I have not seen check engine light

That's not so unusual.

Got that code a few times with Jb1.
After following George's recommendation, avoiding full / high trottle with less than 25% gas left in tank, I have never gotten it again.

If that's not enough, lowering FOL to 50, or 40 in some cases, usually helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: BodegaBay and mw1978
That's not so unusual.

After following George's recommendation, avoiding full / high trottle with less than 25% gas left in tank, I have never gotten it again.

Thanks for advice.

That's interesting as I found map 2 a bit too aggressive as a daily drive, hence George helped me with my current map 6 set up. I'm getting high 3 second 0-60 times with the following mods on map 6.
BMS Intake
BMS turbo inlet elbow
BMS turbo muffler delete
GFB DV+

Agree that the JB4 is great bang for buck !

I'll run your settings this week and report back

Audi S3 MY16 Daytona Grey

I'm not sure you'll like my settings if you found map 2 too aggressive but still worth seeing what you think

Impressive results.. would have loved to if seen a map 2 run for comparison

That's not so unusual.

Today refilled gas and did few WOTs. No error codes!
Thanks again

Reactions: S3 Turbo
ca925c3530e9d982401bc5b1a6ea0a23.jpg

367hp with no major mods

with my mods do u have any tips on things i could change? george sent me this but i havent got round to doing it yet....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170329-095734.png
    Screenshot_20170329-095734.png
    203.5 KB · Views: 353
with my mods do u have any tips on things i could change? george sent me this but i havent got round to doing it yet....
You could try my settings and post the logs?

i will give them a go tonight, im not to good with a laptop and logging tho lol
It's the key to making the best power unfortunately, I just use my phone with an otg adapter.

Reactions: S3 Turbo
It's the key to making the best power unfortunately, I just use my phone with an otg adapter.

is wot george is telling me to change the same colum that u have changed, getting confused with your 1500 - 15.0 and georges being 1500 - 2 or am i missing something ?

is wot george is telling me to change the same colum that u have changed, getting confused with your 1500 - 15.0 and georges being 1500 - 2 or am i missing something ?
You can use either the value you want over stock ie +5psi or the value you'd like the car to reach ie 20psi

If you use a number under 10 it's additive; 10 or over and that's the exact PSI the car will try to reach (absolute).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Salik Sajid, S3 Turbo, 24styles and 1 other person
Love my JB4
214ea636a30cb4fe405bbe47801dc933.jpg

Reactions: BodegaBay, OliS3 and Salik Sajid
Guys I have for sale brend new newer used jb4 ver 1 upgrade kit! 100£ shipped. More info PM