JB4 Dyno Results - RS3 8Y

What does it say when trying to read codes? I had an error when trying to read codes, but then george sent over a different firmware and it worked
It's not 100% reliable same on the Daza JB4 i had, codes can be there that do not show in the JB4 reader, so i wouldn't rely on it, best to use VCDS / VCP to double check after install / running it, the DNWA ECU is live for quite a while after ignition off, and will become live if a door is opened.

The minute you unplug boost sensors etc it'll store faults related to them, and you don't want those present if going into Audi for anything, because Odis will pick up on them when it checks for Suspicion of Tuning if a warranty claim is initiated.

It's not 100% reliable same on the Daza JB4 i had, codes can be there that do not show in the JB4 reader, so i wouldn't rely on it, best to use VCDS / VCP to double check after install / running it, the DNWA ECU is live for quite a while after ignition off, and will become live if a door is opened.

The minute you unplug boost sensors etc it'll store faults related to them, and you don't want those present if going into Audi for anything, because Odis will pick up on them when it checks for Suspicion of Tuning if a warranty claim is initiated.
There was talk on the Golf R forum of odis looking for torque readings from the Gearbox that pointed towards a tune being removed, some said to remove the tuning box a week or so before starting any claim, or putting the car into the dealer to allow the 'higher readings' to be over writen ?

I am convinced that JB4 error code scanning is not 100 per cent reliable and that it is better to rely on specific diagnostic software. I just wanted to be sure that Jb4 installation was correct.
When installing Jb4 I closed car with doors closed and bonnet open . After two hours I connected sensors to Jb4. Of course disconnecting the battery would have been the safest solution

So how do you make sure no errors are logged when installing?

So how do you make sure no errors are logged when installing?

Ignition off / pop bonnet / close driver door then leave the car half hour or so

The minute you interact by opening a door it will wake it up.

Although if you have VCDS / VCP you can clear any errors anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: LayZ_Pz
Ignition off / pop bonnet / close driver door then leave the car half hour or so

The minute you interact by opening a door it will wake it up.

Although if you have VCDS / VCP you can clear any errors anyway.

Thanks, I have OBD11, guess that could work too but wouldn't ODIS be able to see those cleared codes?

Thanks, I have OBD11, guess that could work too but wouldn't ODIS be able to see those cleared codes?

OBD11 doesn’t ‘see’ all the faults stored in my experience of testing it.

I’ve had my Odis service on the car after clearing codes with VCP and it doesn’t see anything in the modules I cleared errors from.

I’ve found VCDS / OBD11 to be flaky when trying to clear errors, you would need OBD11 to unlock SFD anyway in protected modules.

I’ve had my Odis service on the car after clearing codes with VCP and it doesn’t see anything in the modules I cleared errors from.

I’ve found VCDS / OBD11 to be flaky when trying to clear errors, you would need OBD11 to unlock SFD anyway in protected modules.

Yeah I need to pop the hood open for SFD unlock :D

Some codes from my car wouldnt clear by selecting the individual modules, but everything cleared with a full scan and clear :)

Some codes from my car wouldnt clear by selecting the individual modules, but everything cleared with a full scan and clear :)

It’s more the ones that OBD11 doesn’t pick up that’s concerning I’d say if you’ve shelled out for one, it’s misleading for it to say the car is error free when it’s not.

It’s more the ones that OBD11 doesn’t pick up that’s concerning I’d say if you’ve shelled out for one, it’s misleading for it to say the car is error free when it’s not.

I just updated my VCDS lead for the newer platforms, it was quite cheap actually after I sold my 'old' unlimited one

I just updated my VCDS lead for the newer platforms, it was quite cheap actually after I sold my 'old' unlimited one

Yes I bought the newer cable a few years back, as I was seeing a lot of newer cars the old one just couldn’t read properly.

Worth every penny as it’s very fast at scanning. Makes Odis service look like a snail lol.

I never rely on jb4 scanning. I have obd11 and vcds, for some reason their are some faults that obd11 just wont clear? I dunno y. Is VCP better than VCDS?

Is it actually a JB4 though? Could be standalone cause that's probably not stock Turbos?

Hank Says JB4 if you read comments, does not elaborate on bolt on’s though

There was a previous post now deleted. JB4 but not stock turbo and post said they're testing some syvecs parts as well but no details. Using JB4 for boost and fuel control on e30 mix.