JB1 fitted and I'm blown away!

Demari46

Reaction score
Fitted the jb1 tuning box yesterday evening, It was really easy to fit and the fittings look decent quality. I went for a 15 min drive to settle the box in as advised and my good god, it pulls so hard now! Even in 4th it pulls hard! Gear changes feel significantly quicker too! nothing as been disturbed, the gear changes are as slick as before up and down the box. I know it's not a remap but I value my warranty way too much to go down that route. Thanks

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Rob2k68, jimojameso and 1 other person
Sounds like your a happy guy. Enjoy. :)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Demari46
Excellent. Sounds a good result.
I'm tempted by the box fit rather than full remap. Can I ask how much you paid?
Thanks

Excellent. Sounds a good result.
I'm tempted by the box fit rather than full remap. Can I ask how much you paid?
Thanks
It was £435 with the data cable including delivery

Reactions: Sandra
Thank you. Does it stay under the insurance radar or do you declare these? Big hike if you do?

Thank you. Does it stay under the insurance radar or do you declare these? Big hike if you do?
If you crash the car you won't have time to remove it. This will leave you with no insurance! If you seriously hurt someone in the accident they will have no one to claim from so that leaves only you to claim from. Any assets you have house,cars business ect ect would have to be sold to pay compensation and solicitors. It's just not worth it.
It could leave someone with life changing injuries or dead then their dependants or your dependants would not be looked after and you with no car as your insurance wouldn't fix it for you.

For a few hundred pounds do you think all of the above is worth the risk??

Reactions: Daz Auto, xpoweruk and KenL
Does the feel of the increase in BHP come from the bum test?

have you had it dynoed yet? any BHP increase figures?

Does the feel of the increase in BHP come from the bum test?

have you had it dynoed yet? any BHP increase figures?
No dyno as yet, it's definetly night and day power wise, the torque feels incredible. I've been told the revo or Apr stage one feels a little stronger, as to expect from a true remap but for what it is, it's perfect for me.

I have gained around 24whp on my A3 1.8tfsi with low boost setting map 1

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I checked about adding one of these to improve my (cough) fuel economy. Most insurers didn't want to know. It basically doubled my insurance with a broker.

I didn't want to risk voiding my insurance cover, so I saved the money for a faster car :)

I checked about adding one of these to improve my (cough) fuel economy. Most insurers didn't want to know. It basically doubled my insurance with a broker.

I didn't want to risk voiding my insurance cover, so I saved the money for a faster car :)

Yes I was worried it might be bad on the insurance and on how many companies would actually cover it.

On previous message I would never drive without any insurance or with invalid insurance. I just asked to see how hard it would be to get cover on such mods not that I would go under the insurance radar.

I have a DTUK tuning box for sale if anyone is interested, I've sold my S3. Looking for £200

Jb1 rocks and will get even better if upgrading to Jb4, probably available in December...

Tip: Add a dash of E85 + turbo inlet pipe and a little bit more boost and you'll get a notable improvement!

Reactions: Demari46