Java Green S3

M7

RS3 8Y Carbon Black Edition
Reaction score
So i drove up to York to buy the S3 and its immaculate which I would expect as it was previously owned by people on here. Its done 4500 miles now that ive had it for a month almost. Fuel is quite thirsty but on a steady drive to work i can easily get 25-28mpg so im actually quite impressed. My last full tank i actually managed 310 miles...is that good?

i previously owned this

I bought it as a standard Corsa. It was a 1.8 SXi+ and they were fairly rare. I eventually built a turbo kit up and made 230bhp on a car which weighed approx. 1050kg. But hey ho it was time to move on to better things as i couldn't handle the ride and seats anymore now that I'm getting a bit older.

I don't have plans for this as its pretty perfect for me as it is. Maybe next year id consider a miltek and stage 1 but thats it.

Reactions: wuta3, Sandra, leeds2592 and 1 other person
I'm almost certain I've seen that car on here before..... Andrew & Jen from DTUK???

Not a colour I'd have the balls to choose personally, but I do like it a lot. Very different, and looks in great condition. Fantastic low mileage too. Should be quite a change from the raw experience in the Corsa.

Reactions: JD007F
It was previously owned by Juicy Detailing who also do the DTUK boxes as well i believe.

Reactions: warren_S5
A Guy called Andy had it after that but he got rid cos the MPG was too low for his commute if i remeber so hes got a 1.6Tdi now! Lovely car though :)

Reactions: warren_S5
Damn nice colour, be easy to find in a car park

Reactions: Jameze
Lovely looking car! Love the colour, it's most certainly different.

MPG sounds about right until you enjoy it, soon disappears south of 20...

Not going to mod it for a year we have all heard that before trust me when I say a stage 1 is what it should have because that's what it's meant to have from the factory and the mpg doesn't change and it totally transforms the car. You will be left thinking how did I drive it with out stage 1. But the car is a stunner and hope you enjoy every minute of it great great car.

Beautiful car!

I'm sure iv seen you're corsa on CCUK. Used to have one awhile ago.

Reactions: M7
Wow, that colour! :hubbahubba: Never seen one like that in the flesh.

Did you really just post that first car? What were you thinking? Seriously? LOL.
S3, awesome. Looks mint.

Reactions: immo and Dave-S3
Did you really just post that first car? What were you thinking? Seriously? LOL.
S3, awesome. Looks mint.

Splitter scuffers called, they want their corsa back :haha:

Reactions: M7
Didn't realise they did the S3 in that colour. I think I'm showing my age as I don't think I'd get away with driving that around.

Quite like it though.

I used to commute 450 miles from Monday to Friday and was getting between 280 and 320 on a full tank depending on how heavy my right foots was. Now used as a 2nd car so the mileage is only around 100 miles a week and around 280 miles on a full tank.

Yeah I had the pleasure of been one of the few previous owners. Too thirsty for my driving. Miss the colour by best decision I ever made getting rid of it though and glad that your now enjoying it.

Love Java green, wish I knew it existed before I bought mine I think I'd of waited for one to come up. Corsa isn't that bad! I bet it was quite a bit quicker than the S3?

Think you'd very waiting a while for one to come up. Rare as rocking horse ****. Think it's about a £3-£4K optional extra so not many around at all

Love Java green, wish I knew it existed before I bought mine I think I'd of waited for one to come up. Corsa isn't that bad! I bet it was quite a bit quicker than the S3?

The corsa was quick, i'd say its similar to the S3. From the line though the S3's Quattro helps massively! Its very difficult to compare them because the corsa was just like a go kart and it only had a T25 Hybrid turbo which was tiny. It would be on full boost at 12psi at 2k rpm! It topped out at about 145 though because of the short box. Had a fair bit of stick from people with it but I loved it and the fact its got such a negative stigma is even better because it always gave people a bit of a shock.
I'm saving up for a house wit the mrs so i'm not bothered about tuning this although I would like to get it to 300bhp next summer if i had some spare cash.

£400/500 will see it to just over 300BHP with either Revo (summer sale) or a Shark performance map :) Its not so much the power increase from stage 1 that transforms the car, its the extra torque that holds on for longer through the revs, which will certainly make it feels like a different animal, next useful stage after that would really be 2+/3 depending on what tuner you use, but thats at least another 3k on top of stage 1 as a third of that goes on an uprated clutch for you manual folks ;)

Reactions: RPB
I agree with Dave-S3 ;) Stage 1 is superb. I went with Shark for that and the DSG map on mine as at the time there was no offer on Revo and Shark were 7 miles away. lol.

Ive not got stage 1 yet but i am planning on it! What benefits has the DSG map given mate *Hijack* lol sorry

Dave-S3, I have sent you a pm.

Reactions: Dave-S3
A late Congratulations fella. Iv been following this car a while now and can tell you Jen and Andy have looked after it exceptionally well.
Your not alone, I own a java green s3 myself. I will post pics up soon (iv been meaning to for a while)

The colour is ace on this S3. I bet it shines well in the sun.

Got my number plate on the car now. Havent done any modifications as im just enjoying it for now. Spent a bomb on cleaning products and bought a DAS-pro polish wheel and i love working on the colour!
Unfortunately ive been back and forward to audi with a couple if issues and they arent being rectified. The first being a squeaking steering rack. It sounds like a creaking floor board when steering at speeds under 20mph. They changed a front bush and it sorted the issue and 4 weeks later its intermittently returning. The second issue is the coolant light, it pops up randomly and says the level is low and that i must switch the engine off straight away. If i ignore it then it goes away after 10 seconds and when checking the coolant the level is fine and there are no leaks. Audi changed the coolant bottle for a larger one as they said older models had a larger bottle and they put smaller ones in the newer models so it could show as being low however it appears not to have solved the issue.
The car is going back again on thursday to audi and ive said that i want a courtesy car as it seems as though they dont really know what the issue is, driving backwards and forwards is getting a bit frustrating.
Hopefully its sorted because other than that I love the car.