Jassy's Blue Audi TTS Adventure

675 lt Must be plenty of dosh to be made in the detailing malarkey

That’s what I was thinking.

He also had a couple of classic 911s, TVRs and Audi RS models.

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally, pburv and 2 others
Haha, we are indeed mate. Any details on what deals on offer? One issue with VW is the APR. Which is why I will possibly be on a lookout for a lease deal
No, he just said that all their stock had sold as there 'were' good deals on them! I just wanted to look at one as I've seen a few reviews saying about the touch controls being a bit of a PITA! But in the back of my mind I'm still thinking "Can I be bothered with the worry of having a car that has the 'Is it going to get stolen' tag attached to it". The scare with the S3 put me off tbh, not so much the car going, but what they could have done to my wife!

For around £30k this is right up there on my list:
Gr86

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally and pburv
Definitely the right decision to hold on to it @jassyo06
Keep it, drive it and enjoy it for at least 6 months before making any decisions.
The way used prices are at the moment I doubt you would lose too much money on it over six months.

Reactions: Jcbmally and S32B
well @jassyo06 @pburv fancy seeing you guys in here .. picked my my new TTS BE yesterday and recognised a few familiar faces in this forum :)

small world eh! and not a million miles away from the S3 days :):)..

Reactions: NevMan, pburv, Jcbmally and 1 other person
Show us lol
Lol no real photos yet, will spend the day detailing and ceramic coating it tomorrow, as part of the new car ritual black badge kit on back order and would have delayed order so that should be with me by the end of the month..

Attachments

• 89E71C9B-DFA0-4F36-B86D-72772DE1C406.jpeg
    89E71C9B-DFA0-4F36-B86D-72772DE1C406.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 120
  • 2AF6477C-1B9D-4BD0-91EB-5A3F5838EA76.jpeg
    2AF6477C-1B9D-4BD0-91EB-5A3F5838EA76.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 131
Reactions: NevMan, Chris4410, pburv and 3 others
Lol no real photos yet, will spend the day detailing and ceramic coating it tomorrow, as part of the new car ritual black badge kit on back order and would have delayed order so that should be with me by the end of the month..
White is very very nice the chrome emblems where a PITA to remove mate the easiest one to replace was the front TTS badge

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan, pburv, zippster and 1 other person
Very nice, BUT that is a big assed bow.

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06, pburv and 1 other person
White is very very nice the chrome emblems where a PITA to remove mate the easiest one to replace was the front TTS badge

glacier white has a nice metallic to it when polished properly :) had an A3 and Q5 int he same colour. loved it .. (then moved to mythos black for the next 3 cars!)

re: badges I plan to just use a hair dryer and patience .. for the rings etc. its the grill badge im mostly worried about to be honest how the hell !

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally and pburv
well @jassyo06 @pburv fancy seeing you guys in here .. picked my my new TTS BE yesterday and recognised a few familiar faces in this forum :)

small world eh! and not a million miles away from the S3 days :):)..
It's a small world lol :chuncky:

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jassyo06
glacier white has a nice metallic to it when polished properly :) had an A3 and Q5 int he same colour. loved it .. (then moved to mythos black for the next 3 cars!)

re: badges I plan to just use a hair dryer and patience .. for the rings etc. its the grill badge im mostly worried about to be honest how the hell !
Grill badge... prise off the cowl above the grill in the engine bay from left to right it just pops off enough to get yer arm in behind the grill you'll locate the plastic catches easily push off the badge from inside
Try a little leverage on the badge using a fine trim removal tool just loosen it up a little before pushing it out from behind 5 mins max

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and zippster
Grill badge... prise off the cowl above the grill in the engine bay from left to right it just pops off enough to get yer arm in behind the grill you'll locate the plastic catches easily push off the badge from inside
Try a little leverage on the badge using a fine trim removal tool just loosen it up a little before pushing it out from behind 5 mins max

cheers ill have a go tomorrow .. see if I can do it in preparation .

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
i would like to hear your opinion on the performance of the 320 ps ea888 engine mines is so ****** quick sounds good on start up as well for a 2 litre wltp engine no pops or bangs though dsg farts = yes frameless windows are a pain in the backside as well ,the boot when opened after rain.... gets flooded drivers foot well is very narrow
My cars embedded sim is ****** had Satellite maps to begin with now its resorted back to the standard 3D maps/no audi connect visit to dealers when l get time...rear OLED tail lights are awesome worthy but an expensive upgrade....they animate on opening via fob/keyless and on start up

Reactions: zippster, NevMan, pburv and 1 other person
My cars embedded sim is ****** had Satellite maps to begin with now its resorted back to the standard 3D maps/no audi connect visit to dealers when l get time.
Over the last day or two my Audi connect went a bit wrong but seems to have righted itself mate.

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06

Is that a new one, or x demo? It looks very similar spec to one a friend of mine was looking at.

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jassyo06

Very nice Has the Lotus gone or still have it?

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
Said it on RMS….looks stunning :thumbs up:. Interested to hear what you think of the Kamikaze coating?

I will certainly report on how it is holding up.

I had Gtechniq applied to my 3 previous cars, and I never had the reaction I had last night when I seen this. The gloss with the Kamikaze is amazing. And the paint work feels like glass.

Reactions: SPIKE_ and NevMan
i would like to hear your opinion on the performance of the 320 ps ea888 engine mines is so ****** quick sounds good on start up as well for a 2 litre wltp engine no pops or bangs though dsg farts = yes frameless windows are a pain in the backside as well ,the boot when opened after rain.... gets flooded drivers foot well is very narrow
My cars embedded sim is ****** had Satellite maps to begin with now its resorted back to the standard 3D maps/no audi connect visit to dealers when l get time...rear OLED tail lights are awesome worthy but an expensive upgrade....they animate on opening via fob/keyless and on start up
So considering I’ve had S3,v6 S4, RS3 im
Actually really impressed with this thing .. it feel special to drive as well as a nice place to sit.. although it has the opf and lack of farts and burbles I’m blown away how good it sounds and performs in dynamic mode.. I swear I hear a little fart when gear changing on full chat but it might just be me.. so on paper it’s slower than the RS and my lotus but as far as butt dyno goes I’m not sure there’s much in it.. the RS3 was a saloon so although felt quick in a straight line and sounded epic this is waaaay more comparable to the lotus for handling and Also confidence inspiring! (Roundabouts!! I fear for the pzeros!) I have pretty much all available options on mine inc dynamic lights and to be fair they look great and add to the show.. I’ve shoved a spare sky data sim in mine for full functionality inc data light maps as I prefer the look.
Overall really happy .. and this will get used more than the lotus as I’m more likely to take it places and I should be able to get my road bike in the back for cycling events and races etc..

Now to buy another vcds cable just to enable alarm chirp and try to disable the exhaust flap … ( I really must stop selling them!)

spent over 8 hours , prepping and ceramic coating it Saturday so I could eat my dinner off it if I wanted

To cover other questions, sold the lotus last week as I had an offer I just couldn’t refuse, and yes this was new..and I guess the last of the TT’s

its nice to be back in the Audi community

Attachments

• B73CF2D1-2723-4B31-BFCC-3A87BBB81F0F.jpeg
    B73CF2D1-2723-4B31-BFCC-3A87BBB81F0F.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Reactions: pburv, 8YARWY, Jcbmally and 5 others
Stunning!!

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Actually really impressed with this thing .. it feel special to drive as well as a nice place to sit.. although it has the opf and lack of farts and burbles I’m blown away how good it sounds and performs in dynamic mode.. I swear I hear a little fart when gear changing on full chat but it might just be me.. so on paper it’s slower than the RS and my lotus but as far as butt dyno goes I’m not sure there’s much in it.. the RS3 was a saloon so although felt quick in a straight line and sounded epic this is waaaay more comparable to the lotus for handling and Also confidence inspiring! (Roundabouts!! I fear for the pzeros!) I have pretty much all available options on mine inc dynamic lights and to be fair they look great and add to the show.. I’ve shoved a spare sky data sim in mine for full functionality inc data light maps as I prefer the look.
Overall really happy .. and this will get used more than the lotus as I’m more likely to take it places and I should be able to get my road bike in the back for cycling events and races etc..

Now to buy another vcds cable just to enable alarm chirp and try to disable the exhaust flap … ( I really must stop selling them!)

spent over 8 hours , prepping and ceramic coating it Saturday so I could eat my dinner off it if I wanted

To cover other questions, sold the lotus last week as I had an offer I just couldn’t refuse, and yes this was new..and I guess the last of the TT’s

I like the TT in glacier white the car looks best in Mythos or Daytona but why the **** l got it in turbo blue I'll never fathom out

• Haha
Reactions: S32B, pburv, Jcbmally and 2 others
I like the TT in glacier white the car looks best in Mythos or Daytona but why the **** l got it in turbo blue I'll never fathom out

I actually was torn between the two colours, but Ive had sooooo many mythos black Audis I fancied a change .. always like the white / black combo from the s3 days on this forum @pburv's car I think ..

Turbo blue is a nice change and certainly stands out from the normal colour cars on the road.. (mentioning no colours here!)

I still think black is very easy to keep looking clean as long as you use the right products, part of my new car ritual has always been decontaminate, correct and ceramic coat from new.. as ultimately the factory paint and dealer valets don't meet my standards :playful:

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally and NevMan

Very nice indeed.:icon thumright:

Reactions: pburv, Frizzley and zippster
Stunning looking car - credit to you

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and zippster
I actually was torn between the two colours, but Ive had sooooo many mythos black Audis I fancied a change .. always like the white / black combo from the s3 days on this forum @pburv's car I think ..
IMG20210612162124 LI

Turbo blue is a nice change and certainly stands out from the normal colour cars on the road.. (mentioning no colours here!)

I still think black is very easy to keep looking clean as long as you use the right products, part of my new car ritual has always been decontaminate, correct and ceramic coat from new.. as ultimately the factory paint and dealer valets don't meet my standards :playful:
Last black car I had was a right 'mare' to keep clean.... Yeah @jassyo06 I do clean them occasionally :whistle2: It was Mythos or maybe Panther black I wasn't sure?? It had gold flakes in it :shrug:
I really like cars in white and yours looks spot on. The Cupra came along at the right price and really I couldn't refuse it.
IMG20210612162124 LI

Reactions: Pinky1959, S32B, 8YARWY and 5 others
The same off-roading as I’ve done in my Macan lol! :thumbs up:
It's what they were built for.... Could never do that in the S3:whistle2: I bet @Jcbmally is regretting getting rid of his monster truck lol:friends:

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and AllanG
So it was you lol
Sorry for deafening you, cars looking amazing how's it over the s3?

Reactions: Jcbmally
@jassyo06

wtf is going on pal ? :blink:

I thought you were over the moon with the TTS ?

What has triggered the desire to offload it already and jump ship to a Golf ?

Sounds like the wobble has been sorted for now, but I fear that if that if those thoughts are stirring inside you the TTS's card is marked and you will move it on once a car does come along that catches your eye and is available to buy / order.

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, Sandra and 1 other person
@jassyo06

Sounds like the wobble has been sorted for now, but I fear that if that if those thoughts are stirring inside you the TTS's card is marked and you will move it on once a car does come along that catches your eye and is available to buy / order.

Seems to be the turbo blue colour that is not living up to expectations

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
  • Haha
Reactions: pburv, BarryG79, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
@jassyo06

I can't find a suitable replacement right now it would have gone if l had...l can't have use of my mums and Avril cars like l use to do whilst l waited on the delivery just too much hassle right now

Yeah l dislike the colour a lot it's insipid like ...l feel awkward whilst driving it ie my driving position = l have to over reach the AC controls and all the controls just above the centre console there's a lot of little things that add up l also think it looks old at times and a little awkward looking from some angles maybe l should have moved away from Audi as everything is far too familiar to me...now

Reactions: 8YARWY, pburv, AllanG and 2 others
I can't find a suitable replacement right now it would have gone if l had...l can't have use of my mums and Avril cars like l use to do whilst l waited on the delivery just too much hassle right now

Yeah l dislike the colour a lot it's insipid like ...l feel awkward whilst driving it ie my driving position = l have to over reach the AC controls and all the controls just above the centre console there's a lot of little things that add up l also think it looks old at times and a little awkward looking from some angles maybe l should have moved away from Audi as everything is far too familiar to me...now

I hear what you’re saying mate ... just don’t jump into something else too quick for the wrong reasons ... bide your time & really think carefully about your next car choice.

Reactions: pburv and NevMan