Jassy's Blue Audi TTS Adventure

Talking of new cars...GR86 anyone?

I think it looks good (inside is a bit hmmm) but for around £30k and now with a 10 year warranty!!!

I know it's not in the same league .... but I took a Toyota Corrola for a test drive last weekend and I was shocked at how bad the interior was put together.. It seemed as they used the same plastics as the toys you get with kids comics cheap and flimsy.. As for the CVT gear box Jeez! it was awful. I always thought Toyota was up there with the best regarding build quality etc...? It's really put me off Toyota for life. Rant over .. lol

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally, AlS3BE and 1 other person
I know it's not in the same league .... but I took a Toyota Corrola for a test drive last weekend and I was shocked at how bad the interior was put together.. It seemed as they used the same plastics as the toys you get with kids comics cheap and flimsy.. As for the CVT gear box Jeez! it was awful. I always thought Toyota was up there with the best regarding build quality etc...? It's really put me off Toyota for life. Rant over .. lol
A lot of manufacturers have taken a tumble in quality. I’ve had hondas and Toyotas in the past and they have always been very good. My folks Toyota is 07 plate with 200ks and still going strong and as it came out the factory. Still original clutch and I managed melt one in 20k in my first Audi.
must be something to do with all new cars must have x% of recycled materials.

Reactions: NevMan, pburv and Jcbmally

The Tiny Todger has a build quality of a car twice its price as good as the R8 both conceived in Audi's purple patch of interior design but tank like build quality aint the be all and end all if l am completely honest...there is not one bit of cheap feeling/inferior plastic in my TT.....but its not perfect...Finding a happy medium with materials used in conjunction with better design matters more than out and out build quality
The material used in the 8y are mostly good but it just takes too much of a particular material to be used and that can ruin the full interior and that material is high gloss black plastic in the 8y in my opinion high gloss black plastic should'nt be used in a car such as the A3 especially in areas where it can come into contact with yer mitts etc etc it's the same with alcantara one of the cheapest materials to manufacture for a car maker...it should only be used in contact less parts of the interior door cards etc etc
for me personally my Saloon with the red design pack/ super sport seats had more impact than that of my TT even though the TT has a higher quality of materials used in it

The Golf R l looked at had a very nice interior mainly down to the expensive leather interior option perforated leather with each little perforation being tinted in blue reminded of the perforated leather in the RS3 8V Super sport seats but the dashboard is a sea of high gloss plastic.....highly reflective but it seems in every newly designed cars there is no escaping high gloss black plastic

Reactions: NevMan and pburv
180lb FT, that wouldn't pull you out of bed in the morning.
What's the point of this engine with this little amount torque my Cinic FN8 Type R had 200 bhp it was really lacking in torque dreadful to drive it was..... if you were not revving the nuts out of it but around a twisty B road it was excellent much like this GR86 would be

Reactions: NevMan and pburv
Boxster is really nice but as I've said before not for me... it being in the same category as the TT went and looked at the new Golf R this afternoon looks great in white with the panoramic roof,19s,full leather interior electric seats but no performance pack nor the akrapovic....it was a fiver off £40k better looking than the 8y S3 that's for sure

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
Did you see the arteon r shooting brake while you were there?
I think its a good looking car well at least the pictures. Kinda reminds me of the merc cla shooting brake which I almost got a while back.

Reactions: RS3 S., pburv and Jassyo06
Did you see the arteon r shooting brake while you were there?
I think its a good looking car well at least the pictures. Kinda reminds me of the merc cla shooting brake which I almost got a while back.
View attachment 237975

Did'nt see any Arteon models mate especially the R variants you posted HUGE cars probably based on the same wheel base as the A6 going by the prices of most the Golf R 's on Autotrader the one l viewed today is a bargain Autotrader is full off rip off merchants

• Haha
Reactions: pburv
Reactions: RS3 S. and pburv
Just noticed they shoving that new 320bhp gr8 engine/gearbox in everything
There’s a Tiguan with it as well.

here’s another for you @jassyo06

Reactions: Pinky1959, pburv and Jassyo06
Barnet’s VW has a blue golf r and the arteon. That’s where I saw the pictures of the arteon.
that blue is stunning.

The Golf R l saw today had £5k worth of options for £39,995 cheaper than the base spec on your link white is the best colour for the G8R Lapiz blue has been flogged to the death in the 7/7-5

Reactions: 8YARWY, NevMan and pburv
Just noticed they shoving that new 320bhp gr8 engine/gearbox in everything
There’s a Tiguan with it as well.

here’s another for you @jassyo06

The 320 ps engine is being fitted to every VW performance car now and the only Audi to have it is the TTS.....Why the 8Y did'nt get it is beyond me

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
The Golf R l saw today had £5k worth of options for £39,995 cheaper than the base spec on your link white is the best colour for the G8R Lapiz blue has been flogged to the death in the 7/7-5
Know what you mean about the lapiz blue but it’s still a great colour. Had too many white cars now so moving on to blues :wink:

The arteon r is on my shortlist to replace s3 now. Want a big boot to carry bikes but don’t want an estate so The shooting brake is a happy middle ground.

The 320 ps engine is being fitted to every VW performance car now and the only Audi to have it is the TTS.....Why the 8Y did'nt get it is beyond me

I don’t get it either. How the premium brand got the old stuff and the lesser brand got the good stuff. It’s bad the Tiguan even gets it’s before the Audi.

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and Jassyo06
I would say one thing on any VAG car that you might be considering mate and that is make sure it had DCC fitted. I couldn't believe the difference it's made to comfort and handling especially compared to my pre facelift S3 saloon with 'mag ride'. For only £785 in options it's money well spent :thumbs up:

Reactions: Pinky1959, Jassyo06, Jcbmally and 2 others
Is there really a 6 month waiting list for a Golf R?

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
Is there really a 6 month waiting list for a Golf R?

think there’s 6 month waiting for all factory order vag cars. Was at dealer getting something sorted under warranty and the sales guy said if I wanted a factory order a3/s3 I’m looking at Christmas delivery if I’m lucky but he will happily sell me one he has on the forecourt. Something to do with chip shortages and production has been scaled back cause of covid. Sounded like bull to me and covid is getting the blame for everything!

• Wow
Reactions: pburv and NevMan
Spotted in a Glasgow forecourt at 2pm checking out his new wheels
1bd88239be6f84c5ea80d789a7988783.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He would not go white…that is a certainty

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06, Jcbmally, AlS3BE and 2 others
Boxster is really nice but as I've said before not for me... it being in the same category as the TT went and looked at the new Golf R this afternoon looks great in white with the panoramic roof,19s,full leather interior electric seats but no performance pack nor the akrapovic....it was a fiver off £40k better looking than the 8y S3 that's for sure

A golf? In white? Hatchback? Choked on my coffee I did.

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, AlS3BE, Chris4410 and 4 others
think there’s 6 month waiting for all factory order vag cars. Was at dealer getting something sorted under warranty and the sales guy said if I wanted a factory order a3/s3 I’m looking at Christmas delivery if I’m lucky but he will happily sell me one he has on the forecourt. Something to do with chip shortages and production has been scaled back cause of covid. Sounded like bull to me and covid is getting the blame for everything!
Same with Ford. Was told there would be a wait for my wife's Puma due to shortage of micro chips for the virtual cockpit display. I've heard Peugeot are now replacing their virtual cockpit display with analogue on the production lines to keep up with orders.?

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally and AlS3BE
He would not go white…that is a certainty
Don't knock it till you try it buddy :cheerful: It wouldn't bother me if I had another white car.:chuncky:

Reactions: NevMan, AlS3BE and BarryG79

My mate ordered a new Z4 a couple of weeks ago and he got an update yesterday that it was built and had been handed over to transport.

The salesman did say that quite a lot of 3 series models ordered by customers back in March were being delivered from the factory with several options missing because of chip shortages.

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally, pburv and 1 other person
went and looked at the new Golf R this afternoon looks great in white with the panoramic roof,19s,full leather interior electric seats but no performance pack nor the akrapovic....it was a fiver off £40k better looking than the 8y S3 that's for sure
Have you thought about the new Cupra Leon? I think the inferior of that looks better than the Golf's!

180lb FT, that wouldn't pull you out of bed in the morning.

What's the point of this engine with this little amount torque my Cinic FN8 Type R had 200 bhp it was really lacking in torque dreadful to drive it was..... if you were not revving the nuts out of it but around a twisty B road it was excellent much like this GR86 would be
I agree it does seem low for a 'sports car', but when I took the MX5 RF out for a test drive it was one of the most fun cars I'd driven and that only had 181 bhp and 151 lbs/ft of torque! You could red line it through the gears and still have fun without breaking the limits and losing your licence!
The GR86 is booked at 0-62mph : 6.3sec which no isn't super fast, but it's fast enough! I'll be taking a look when it comes out, looks nice, 10 year warranty and for £30k what else is out there??? Most of my driving is in and around town or in 40-50 limits with average speed cameras everywhere, so no need for 300bhp and 0-60 in 5 seconds anymore. Maybe I'm just getting old lol.

As for the Golf delivery dates, I nipped into Chester VW on Tuesday as I was passing to look at the GTi Clubsport, it had gone a few days before! They told me a factory order would be January 2022!

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and AlS3BE
Don't knock it till you try it buddy :cheerful: It wouldn't bother me if I had another white car.:chuncky:

Not knocking it at all mate, in fact fancy white next up after a run of black cars and SUV’s!! Just that Mr Voodoo has always been very anti white as I am sure you are aware

• Haha
Yeah can remember the wedding car comments lol.

Nothing wrong with white as you know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely

Reactions: Jcbmally, BarryG79 and pburv
Not knocking it at all mate, in fact fancy white next up after a run of black cars and SUV’s!! Just that Mr Voodoo has always been very anti white as I am sure you are aware
Lol I knew you were kidding ha ha... Nothing would surprise me with 'ol jassy boy' and his fickle ways though :whistle2:

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and Jassyo06

glacier white was my favourite out of all the whites I’ve had.

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, pburv and 1 other person
Lol I knew you were kidding ha ha... Nothing would surprise me with 'ol jassy boy' and his fickle ways though :whistle2:
Put the TT up for sale this morning was offered £45k for it said no.......so i'll see how the dice roll l would consider an offer of another plus £700 more but l would then remove the OLED tail lights and refit the factory ones as the oled tail lights are highly sought after in the TT circle....will see how it goes...... going back into the VW dealership tomorrow hopefully i'll speak to someone this time Arnold Clarck VW come across as having a few in stock

• Wow
Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, AllanG and 1 other person
Have you thought about the new Cupra Leon? I think the inferior of that looks better than the Golf's!

I agree it does seem low for a 'sports car', but when I took the MX5 RF out for a test drive it was one of the most fun cars I'd driven and that only had 181 bhp and 151 lbs/ft of torque! You could red line it through the gears and still have fun without breaking the limits and losing your licence!
The GR86 is booked at 0-62mph : 6.3sec which no isn't super fast, but it's fast enough! I'll be taking a look when it comes out, looks nice, 10 year warranty and for £30k what else is out there??? Most of my driving is in and around town or in 40-50 limits with average speed cameras everywhere, so no need for 300bhp and 0-60 in 5 seconds anymore. Maybe I'm just getting old lol.

As for the Golf delivery dates, I nipped into Chester VW on Tuesday as I was passing to look at the GTi Clubsport, it had gone a few days before! They told me a factory order would be January 2022!

That new Seat is one ugly car mate copper embellishments Jeezo......

• Haha
Reactions: AlS3BE, Jcbmally and pburv
Put the TT up for sale this morning was offered £45k for it said no.......so i'll see how the dice roll l would consider an offer of another plus £700 more but l would then remove the OLED tail lights and refit the factory ones as the oled tail lights are highly sought after in the TT circle....will see how it goes...... going back into the VW dealership tomorrow hopefully i'll speak to someone this time Arnold Clarck VW come across as having a few in stock

I have been contemplating getting a GTI/R maybe on a lease this time. Let me know how you get on

I have been contemplating getting a GTI/R maybe on a lease this time. Let me know how you get on
will do mate Clubsport or the R with a good spec would do me even in white Pan roof 19s are a must though

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, 8YARWY and 1 other person
Sounds like a plan mate :thumbs up: If you deffo go for the Golf please make sure it has DCC fitted. At least take one with and without just to compare.
Good luck with whatever you decide on getting.:friends:

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, 8YARWY and 1 other person
Can’t believe I’m reading this! Really didn’t think you‘d go through with it. I’ve had a few cars that have taken me a good few months to adapt to before starting to enjoy them, was hoping this might be the case for you. It realy does look the part, just a shame the rest isn’t doing it for you :shrug:

Reactions: BarryG79, Jcbmally, NevMan and 1 other person

Jeez that was quick, I thought I'd have at least a couple of more years to save up for it :scared2:

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, BarryG79, pburv and 2 others
Very limited choice on the R with only Lapiz Blue, Black or White…maybe red too.

I get that, but this is coming from someone who was quite vocal about his hate for white VAG cars. I thought his TT was stunning looking, but I get if he is not getting on with it, for whatever the reason.

I get that, but this is coming from someone who was quite vocal about his hate for white VAG cars. I thought his TT was stunning looking, but I get if he is not getting on with it, for whatever the reason.
My dislike of white cars came from owning 2 white cars in succession....l dislike Turbo even more
Never liked white saloon cars as they're widely used for weddings
The Golf is nice in white it has more than enough black addenda to break up the colour...so you've got a lot black/white contrast on most of the panels

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, pburv, Jcbmally and 1 other person
Are there not a lot of issues with current Golf's, particularly the electronics?

As with the previous one, seen a lot of lease deals coming up on them meaning the roads will be flooded with them again.

The GTI Clubsport would be a better shout IMO, better looking car as well.