Jassy's Blue Audi TTS Adventure

Sorry to hear that about your mam pal. Obviously mixed emotions for you but hope mum recovers from that clot. Will see the pics when your good and ready buddy.

Did someone tell her "here, that's that **** of ASN" lol.
Obviously a beemer driver lol:box:

Reactions: Jcbmally
Have a good drive back today buddy:racer:
and don't forget to wait for Avril lol

Reactions: Jcbmally, Sandra and NevMan
Enjoy your collection bud
AndyF

Reactions: Jcbmally, Sandra, NevMan and 1 other person
Good luck for today @jassyo06! I’m sure you’ve got the white linen suite freshly pressed and classic Ray bans in the pocket. Just hope you get the Miami style sun ☀️ for the journey home.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jimbob76, Sandra and 2 others
Good luck mate

Reactions: Jcbmally, Sandra and pburv
@jassyo06 hope you have collected the car James and enjoying the drive home. We are holding our breath waiting for the pictures of your stunning car. :friends:

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, Jimbob76 and 2 others
@jassyo06 hope you have collected the car James and enjoying the drive home. We are holding our breath waiting for the pictures of your stunning car. :friends:
I feel a 'gif' celebration brewing :whistle2:

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and Jassyo06
Hi darling it's been a long long day left at 5 bells this morning just got home l couldn't have chosen a worse day for picking up a car as the weather was horrendous both ways especially done in England at Grimsby... weather was very nice indeed
Only managed a few snaps was in the dealership for ages ....
3e0b82211e86107333b59d52a4d13250.jpg
a686b55ad338a4c38be60ad904294693.jpg
03d3afac26cf07425f163967e4522bb1.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: Bristle Hound, 45bvtc, Kayobong and 22 others
Hi darling it's been a long long day left at 5 bells this morning just got home l couldn't have chosen a worse day for picking up a car as the weather was horrendous both ways especially done in England at Grimsby... weather was very nice indeed

Looks Amazing!! ENJOY! Can't wait to see it detailed to your high standards!

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06, pburv and 1 other person

Very nice mate, liking the matching interior trim too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and Jimbob76
VERY very nice, jassyo06.......hope you enjoyed the trip home......looking forward to further photos.......but you deserve to put your feet up tonight and have a wee celebratory drink

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06, pburv and 1 other person

Stunning. Simply stunning. I have to say that alloy wheel design is one of the best I've seen from Audi in a long time (I know it's a subtle evolution of the classic Audi Rotors, but still looks great). Pretty classy all round pal.

Happy new car day mate - enjoy it (and praying to the weather gods for you for tomorrow :superman:). Enjoy that grey leather interior as well. I was pretty nervous about it in mine, but haven't regretted it for a second. You know what you're doing though, you've had grey/silver leather before.

Kudos for sticking it out with the frustrating delivery wait. Can't Imagine Avril will be seeing much of you this weekend :whistle2:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06, AllanG and 1 other person

Wow, stunning mate! Love it, especially the alloys, and that interior!! Love the carbon, colour in centre console, extended leather and seats

Reactions: Jcbmally, AllanG, pburv and 1 other person

:friends:
Awesome! buddy
Told you Turbo Blue was an ok colour. lol

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06, NevMan and 4 others
Wow, stunning mate! Love it, especially the alloys, and that interior!! Love the carbon, colour in centre console, extended leather and seats

Couldn't agree more re: the interior - nice to see a proper gear stick (I know it's s-tronic, but you know what I mean), and no massive slab of tablet screen on the dash (again, I know it has the virtual cockpit, but again, you know what I mean)...

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, AllanG and 1 other person
Simply Stunning!

You could not have picked a better colour and spec combination

Enjoy

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Beautiful car @jassyo06. Really looks the part and the black calipers work well with the TB paint and wheel choice (also worked well on the S3). The interior is just stunning - the TT interior really is best in its class and best in the Audi range. Look forward to more pics, especially that interior.
I see you didn’t get to wear the linen two piece after all then :tonguewink:

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, Jimbob76 and 1 other person
That car is stunning.
I hope you let Avril have a wee drive on the way back ! !
Hope your mum is feeling better soon .

@jassyo06 James, the car is Stunning. Great colour, interior looks amazing. Hope your sitting chilling out with few beers. Weather not so good here either, but the sun will shine tomorrow for a car photo shoot. :friends:

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and Jassyo06
Thank you all for the very kind comments its been a weird week lows and highs....No car has put such a big smile on my face like this car has the interior is the best l personally have owned and sat in.....solid and it needs to be because it's not the most comfortable car in terms of firmness lol but its acceptable worse thing is road noise over the older motorway surfaces ie that creamy rough coloured surface that a lot A roads and motorways in England are covered with ye know the ones that dont hold that much surface water

No pops and bangs well there is but they are nowhere near as pronounced as they where in S3 knew this....but it sounds better on start up than my S3 ever did heard it first in the handover bay....then when l got home l started it up but this time in dynamic yes it starts up in dynamic the FL 8V never did it sounds great ....puts a smile on my face sounds meaty lol
got loads to do to make it complete in my mind.....get it done this weekend The Hairdryer will be required ....lol maybe even a heat gun...as the rear spoiler is not only bolted on its stuck on in parts just like the rear Audi ring badges...

No Audi Beam WTF....just puddle lights.....ill need to double check if this is standard l thought it would be l have the AudiSport beam but they cost me off ebay but l want them off the dealer if they are standard

Dont like Keyless....never have done OLD SCHOOL ignition barrel fan l am
@Jimbob76 thank you mate the wheels are amazing main reason l wanted this model... and ****** Avril less l see of her this weekend the better.....lol

and dont ask me how fast it is as l dont know yet....never drove over 75 mph as l was knackered....but its greedy on fuel 300 miles on a full tank in efficiency mode

Reactions: Kayobong, Jcbmally, S32B and 7 others
@jassyo06 James, the car is Stunning. Great colour, interior looks amazing. Hope your sitting chilling out with few beers. Weather not so good here either, but the sun will shine tomorrow for a car photo shoot. :friends:

2canDan is off to his scratcher darling.... thank you all

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, NevMan and 1 other person
James
TTs Looks fantastic
Detailing Guru into action
AndyF

This, is not glossy enough mate. I wouldn't go as far as to say flat as a pancake, but you and your Flex(s) can do much better, lol. :whistle2:

Think your decision to swap the rear spoiler for a Turbo Blue TTRS one (good luck with that job, not for the faint-hearted on a brand new motor), and a bit of gloss back badging could really transform the back of the car and make it unique to you pal. Looking forward to seeing the results.

3 years into the ownership of my Daytona S3 (and time on this forum, I'm still a young 'un, I know), and I still love it, but often hanker after a nice bold colour like this...

Does the dealer have colour matched latex gloves for all paints in the Audi range?

3e0b82211e86107333b59d52a4d13250

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, Jassyo06 and 4 others
Thank you all for the very kind comments its been a weird week lows and highs....No car has put such a big smile on my face like this car has the interior is the best l personally have owned and sat in.....solid and it needs to be because it's not the most comfortable car in terms of firmness lol but its acceptable worse thing is road noise over the older motorway surfaces ie that creamy rough coloured surface that a lot A roads and motorways in England are covered with ye know the ones that dont hold that much surface water

No pops and bangs well there is but they are nowhere near as pronounced as they where in S3 knew this....but it sounds better on start up than my S3 ever did heard it first in the handover bay....then when l got home l started it up but this time in dynamic yes it starts up in dynamic the FL 8V never did it sounds great ....puts a smile on my face sounds meaty lol
got loads to do to make it complete in my mind.....get it done this weekend The Hairdryer will be required ....lol maybe even a heat gun...as the rear spoiler is not only bolted on its stuck on in parts just like the rear Audi ring badges...

No Audi Beam WTF....just puddle lights.....ill need to double check if this is standard l thought it would be l have the AudiSport beam but they cost me off ebay but l want them off the dealer if they are standard

Dont like Keyless....never have done OLD SCHOOL ignition barrel fan l am
@Jimbob76 thank you mate the wheels are amazing main reason l wanted this model... and ****** Avril less l see of her this weekend the better.....lol

and dont ask me how fast it is as l dont know yet....never drove over 75 mph as l was knackered....but its greedy on fuel 300 miles on a full tank in efficiency mode
You’ll need loads of bru this weekend.
Old school stuff with full fat sugar available again ;-)
Not sure how long for.

As a minimum it should have Audi Beam - standard on the base TTS model. Usually a dealer fit - on my TTRS & the Mrs Q3 Vorsprung dealer left the original puddle lights in the glove box. TTRS had the Audi Sport logo -not quite as bright as the Audi beam ones but looked good - def worth asking the dealer where yours are

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, pburv and 1 other person

Cracking car mate, I love that paint, can’t wait to see it with the extra bits added should make it look pretty special!

I’m about an hour away from Grimsby and I can agree the weather was awful down here today, typical when you’re collecting and want some photos :whistle2: My brother bought his A3 from Grimsby Audi and the service was decent, much better than at Lincoln Audi which is my local one and part of the same group!

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, pburv and 1 other person
Does the dealer have colour matched latex gloves for all paints in the Audi range?
I think Audi call it Covid Blue? A very popular colour at the moment :whistle2:
@jassyo06 Nice little review mate. Glad your drive went well:thumbs up:
As for fuel range .... Give it a few miles to bed in and I reckon on a long journey you will be getting mid 30's mpg.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and 3 others
****** lovely. Probably the nicest interior in any Audi model anyway, even without your tweaks. Enjoy!

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, pburv and 2 others
@jassyo06

So it finally arrived mate ..... & boy does it look like it was worth the wait - looks incredible :icon thumright:

Exterior looks stunning and wow that interior just oozes class & quality and love the colour scheme.

I think you will REALLY enjoy this car - looking forward to more pics, the 'clean-a-thon-detail' and your in-depth thoughts on the car in due course ... but its a mighty big thumbs up from me :yes:

Reactions: Jcbmally, Bells, pburv and 3 others
@jassyo06

So it finally arrived mate ..... & boy does it look like it was worth the wait - looks incredible :icon thumright:

Exterior looks stunning and wow that interior just oozes class & quality and love the colour scheme.

I think you will REALLY enjoy this car - looking forward to more pics, the 'clean-a-thon-detail' and your in-depth thoughts on the car in due course ... but its a mighty big thumbs up from me :yes:
Thank you very much mate back at work today still exhausted lack of sleep so I'll hopefully get it looking respectable dealer prep.... guff worst l have encountered rear wing replacement is going to be difficult but gotta see it through ttrs rear wing cost too much money to abandoned it

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, Snake Pliskin and 2 others

That looks lovely mate congratulations :) Are you going to protect the paint on the centre console at all? I'd be tempted to get some ppf on it!

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06, NevMan and 1 other person
worse thing is road noise over the older motorway surfaces ie that creamy rough coloured surface that a lot A roads and motorways in England are covered with ye know the ones that dont hold that much surface water

I hear you on that, when I was driving the Porsche up from Swindon last weekend the noise on those surfaces was crazy.

• Wow
Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, NevMan and 2 others
I hear you on that, when I was driving the Porsche up from Swindon last weekend the noise on those surfaces was crazy.

what porsche ...... what have I missed ? :)

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, Chris4410, pburv and 2 others
Reactions: Jcbmally, Chris4410, pburv and 2 others

But in the TT and/or similar Porsche you've so little to absorb the noise - and generally with your ear lobes sat above that OS rear wheel/tyre combo what do you expect.

An RS3 is way better (easy for us to compare) on them same UK ***** ribbed road surfaces than the TT and for sure an SQ5 is way better (easy for us to compare) than either the TT and/or RS3. OK, the TT is the most noisy and ours a rag top TT....

But no complaints as we enjoy our ability to get out and enjoy the UK countryside and our AUDI 4/5/6-pot differences... :racer:

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and Jassyo06
@jassyo06 like others have said congratulations looks very nice from the pics looking forward to the review :icon thumright:

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, NevMan and 1 other person
It's has a different engine cover from my S3 Saloon

Attachments

• 20210430_134555.jpg
    20210430_134555.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 94
Reactions: Jcbmally, 8YARWY, Snake Pliskin and 3 others
That looks lovely mate congratulations :) Are you going to protect the paint on the centre console at all? I'd be tempted to get some ppf on it!
No mate I never use keyrings or coffee cups ie don't drink the stuff lol it's a satin finished paint....if it where on the exterior it would be known as Matte Covid Blue as @pburv so aptly named it lol
Once sat in the car all the blue paint work is mostly out sight barr the area at the cup holder

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin, S32B and 2 others
Small cabin plus huge wheels and tyres ...sorry but l am glad it's not only me that gets this problem lol

Reactions: Jcbmally, Chris4410, pburv and 1 other person