Jardo's 'Journey to quattro' - My Story...

Word, I'm going to put the new pads in them and run them until next year to save on discs when I go to LCR brakes.

They're ****ed J-rod, they were knackered when Matt sold the car to Plunky 2 years ago, and nobody has bothered to change them ever since.

I think the cheapest you'll find S3 312's is about £80 for a pair.

I wouldn't be driving on them though :(

Drilled can do one, especially on cheap discs! Crack city, even more so if its going to be tracked. At most grooved really but definitely stay away from drilled.

Drilled can do one, especially on cheap discs! Crack city, even more so if its going to be tracked. At most grooved really but definitely stay away from drilled.

I agree. Drilled are mainly for looks and a tiny amount of weight saving. If you use pads that give off a lot of dust it will block the holes and cause cracks.

The grooves are to keep the pad face clean so are of benefit.

I think I've got a couple more track days left in these

Dude, Don't want to be harsh or any thing mate, but why bother pushing them to the end of their life if they are that bad?
Get them replace or one day you wont be so lucky in crashing you or someone else might end up in nice pine suit.

brakes are your lifeline, and by the way you drive, you should change them ASAP. you wouldnt drive on road tyres that had no thread on them........ or would you

you wouldnt drive on road tyres that had no thread on them........ or would you

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. You've not met him :p

I'd rather decent tyres with no tread than the £30 per corner ditch finders he's running at the moment!

what, you mean Bob of armco fame?

That's two people I've lent those wheels to who have failled to do them justice! I did an 08:40 on those tyres with traffic and sub 200bhp!

Haha, if there's a penny to be saved there's a pound to be earned! :laugh: I drove those discs at ADI :p

Also Prawn, yes I fail with my on off smoke machine throttle :(

Last edited:
Doggy says hello first.

2011-11-06150350.jpg

Umm, so new pads were needed I think :lol:

2011-11-06125358.jpg

2011-11-06125345.jpg

Loosened off all the exhaust joints, re sealed them and made it sit straight again.

2011-11-06124308.jpg

Those muppets at Powerflow did the worst job ever!

This is as good as I can get it without a ramp and a welder to put some new tabs on the exhaust.

Also, lol at the rear axel flex! I need another RARB ASAP!

2011-11-06124836.jpg

3" all the way through from downpipe to exit, but you can see in the middle where the exhaust hangers aren't straight and it sits to the nearside. They need to be knocked off and re welded on at a different angle.

2011-11-06124321.jpg

Discs are so dead, they have got so hot they have gone bright blue :lol:

2011-11-06121628.jpg

And the insides are a little rough from being metal on metal for 200 miles!

2011-11-06121012.jpg

My calipers are leaking, which doesn't matter because Brembo's soon :(

I also removed and refitted the top mounts on Lou's A3, but I didn't have the right tools to really crank them up so they still knock a little but they are a LOT better.

And basically, that was my day :)

zorst isn't 3'' the whole way dude, it's a 3'' DP, onto 2.5'' catback, with a 3'' tailpipe.

Otherwise, good work squire (Y)

Haha, I love the way you just destroyed me on Whatsapp and then posted it on here :p

Thanks buddy, bit annoyed about Lou's top mounts though :(

HAHA You've got me all worried now!!!

Last edited:
First angle is the best.

Watching those makes me realise i've forgotten how rubbish FWD cars are lol. The amount of times you open it up and its scrabbling around for grip and your making steering corrections all over the place.

Quattro for the win.

PS videos of you doing a ton down country lanes and 60+ thru 40 limits probably arent the best thing to be posting on the internet where your particulars are easily discovered...

Watching those makes me realise i've forgotten how rubbish FWD cars are lol. The amount of times you open it up and its scrabbling around for grip and your making steering corrections all over the place.

the £30 per corner 195 section ditch finders don't help this, or the lack of LSD! none of that crap in mine at all. I know what you mean though, quattro is true point and shoot motoring.

Agree'd on the vid clips though, I've not watched them, but you must be careful what goes online. vids where the speedo is visable can be risky.

Remember the kid who got done for doing 160+ in an 8P S3 up north? caught through youtube

Car is FINALLY, PROPERLY 100% FIXED! (engine wise....lol)

I've had what I've called "screaming babies" since day one, and as all of you who were at ADI know it sounded like a shagged turbo. So I've been planning a hybrid assuming my turbo is crackered. The car had been making 26psi with no problems, it has LOVED the boost it's had. It's been properly flying but sounding like a sack of poop with it. I had a turbo gasket go so I assumed a bit had fallen in and was making friends with my turbo's housing. I turned the boost down to 22PSI and hoped for the best whilst I was saving for a hybrid.

I went for a spin in Lou's A3 and noticed her dump was a LOT louder than mine, which was annoying. I figured it was because I had a cold side relocation.

Today I noticed the boost trailing off, which was annoying.

So I robbed her 007P and didn't tell her, and I went out for a spin down to my friends private air strip -

Fixed :salute:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to jump in here but where in launceston is SRD i live in camelford and wouldnt mind my A3 Rollered ! ! !
Cheers

Sorry to jump in here but where in launceston is SRD i live in camelford and wouldnt mind my A3 Rollered ! ! !&nbsp;<br>Cheers

Sorry to jump in here but where in launceston is SRD i live in camelford and wouldnt mind my A3 Rollered ! ! !
Cheers

PL15 7PT, personally I've never been there but I know of them and obviously I have the old RR print out for him.

If you're going give me a shout, I'd do a power run on there to show them how a 1.8t should be mapped quite happily! :laugh:

It'd be interesting to get it on a proper RR as apposed to working from data logs.

Hi sorry to but in here but where bouts in launceston is SRD ?? Im in camelford and want my A3 rollered its around 210-220 i reckon but want it on paper LOL Thanks

comming from saltash direction, as you come down the hilll through the town, there's a bridge and a BP petrol station, hang a left just before there, and SRD are on the indistrial estate down there.

Mark is pretty sound, and has tuned my mini a few times in the past.

Not a very modern rollers though, so if you want a more traditional print out I'd suggest alan jefferies in plymstock

Sound Thanks im new ere obviously just gettin used to this sent same post 3 times :p Haha but yeh man ill give u a shout but if they do their readings through logs id rather go sumwhere with proper rollers like you say !!! I dont know who mapped mine i got it already done is pretty quik tho got piperX Viper kit and 007p atm needs exhaust badly !!