January targets deal...

Cairnsy13

Reaction score
So my S3 is currently sitting at my local audi garage and I've asked for collection to be for the 1st of March, until I received a phone call yesterday asking if I was able to collect the car by the end of this month due to them needing to meet their targets...

So now I feel the ball is in my court, if they're needing me to help them meet their targets then they can help me reach my target :playful: they've already knocked another £600 off the car but I can feel I can push them further...my next ask is for £1000 to help the deposit out and I'll collect it by the end of this week.

Is there any other places I can go with this or am I going the right direction?

Reactions: Pulp84 and SW14NY'S
This is interesting....as my S3 is heading to the dealers as we speak
I've asked for a 1st March pickup...not for the 16 plate as I have my own, but for future value. If my dealer was to offer me a substantial discount I would maybe consider

This was happening on the run up to March last year, best deals then we're around the £250 mark so you've done very well !

This is interesting....as my S3 is heading to the dealers as we speak
I've asked for a 1st March pickup...not for the 16 plate as I have my own, but for future value. If my dealer was to offer me a substantial discount I would maybe consider

I said the same to the dealer about the 16 plate giving more value and they said the value isn't in the plate as they know when the car was registered anyway (try telling that to a private buyer in 3 years time)

I'm not sure it'd apply to you unless it actually arrives today or tomorrow by the time they do the whole sales process. Good luck though!

Reactions: SW14NY'S
Exactly...if your on the market to buy second hand and you see a '65 and a '16 together on the forecourt you wouldn't pay the same for the 'older' '65 plate I don't care what the dealers tell you

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Cairnsy13
If you can offset the difference in trade in value then go for it. I picked up a TTS just before number change and it does impact trade in considerably, at least £600 I'd say.

Reactions: SW14NY'S
Think your demands are going new met by a No...
Not sure if I was lucky but it was a yes... £23ppm off with 1k less deposit, result!

Pick her up on Friday afternoon :yahoo:

Reactions: Scottyg, mister.c., DH81 and 3 others
Well I picked her up yesterday, went very smoothly, got a net for the boot, the aluminium 'ash tray' and a cable for the iPhone 6 and USB. Happy with that to be fair, litre of oil in the boot also!

Couple of pics for now, loving it so far!

20160129 164836

20160129 164852

Although I did ask for a keyring and he said they don't give them out any more...to be fair he did show me the cabinet with all the accessories and the only keyrings there were £18+ (£32 for a leather keyring?!?) So I'll just get my own elsewhere if anyone knows any decent ones.

Reactions: S3joey, mister.c., DH81 and 2 others
Really pleased to hear you got a good deal, you were in the driving seat, in both respects. Looks great, best colour IMHO

Very nice :D

Not a bad list of "freebies" eithier, considering the discounts you got.

How many miles have you done so far :D

Very nice :D

Not a bad list of "freebies" eithier, considering the discounts you got.

How many miles have you done so far :D
Hahaha yeah I couldn't complain, salesman was my age so we had a bit of banter. Not many, 60 at most but will rise over the weekend I'm sure! :yahoo:

Well done mate, it's good for all buyers if you know that you can push them hard :whip: they don't feel guilty offering you far less than what your trade in is worth, so turn the tables ;) PS: White is soooo easy to look after, citrus pre-wash - bilberry on the alloys - jet wash - done for this time of the year!

I've been out today and got my sister a brand new Ford KA Zetec White Edition 1.2 3dr for £3k less than what they wanted!!! Their best to start was £1500 off, then their very best was £2k off, as soon as we started to move towards the door "Oh let me have a word with the director" :);) I'd got my orangewheels and carwow deals in my pocket, so I knew what we could get it for :) Their GAP £360, ours from gap123 £83 :D

Reactions: mister.c. and pburv
If I'm not mistaken, is that picture taken near the Electric Brae?

Reactions: Cairnsy13
Well I picked her up yesterday, went very smoothly, got a net for the boot, the aluminium 'ash tray' and a cable for the iPhone 6 and USB. Happy with that to be fair, litre of oil in the boot also!

View attachment 78484
View attachment 78485

Although I did ask for a keyring and he said they don't give them out any more...to be fair he did show me the cabinet with all the accessories and the only keyrings there were £18+ (£32 for a leather keyring?!?) So I'll just get my own elsewhere if anyone knows any decent ones.
Nice car ..Best colour in my opinion...:friends:
As for key rings there are plenty on ebay just have to decide which one:shrug:

Reactions: S32B
Went to my dealer yesterday to get something replaced and had a look at some of the deals.

Also had a long chat with the guy I have always bought from about the TTS, RS3, RSQ3 and new S4.

No deals to be had (apparently lol) on the RS3 price but prepared to do over value etc on trade-in. £5K off TTS sitting in the showroom if I wanted it and the new S4 should be able to order soon (they are expecting it to be a big hit). Sounds expensive though. RSQ3 is not selling apparently and I could get one with 11% off (no thanks lol).

My guy is usually pretty keen to sell me something but he told me to hold fire if I did want an RS3 as he said the facelift is imminent. He remarked I'd be annoyed if I spent that much on a car and then it was not the bang up to date version soon after. He is right to be fair....

Your man isn't looking after you as well as you think. Anyone gets 5k off the TTs plus any other negotiated discounts and this is for factory orders too. General opinion is no facelift on RS3 for 12 months plus. On the subject of no discount I remain to be convinced as there are now quite a few unreg cars around not being snapped up which helps prospective buyers. Always try an alternate dealer/contact on a regular basis even if just to check your contact really is looking after you

View attachment 78484
View attachment 78485

Looks like you got a great deal! And it's a great looking car. Enjoy

Fine looking car and well done on getting the extra discounts. You were being reasonable, as was the salesman - the 'saving' should cushion the impact of the plate changes. Maybe you were lucky but you weren't asking for the moon on a stick. Clearly he 'won' with his month end targets & you 'won' with a better deal and a car a month early. Everyone's happy, its not always win/lose - enjoy!

Reactions: Cairnsy13
Well done mate, it's good for all buyers if you know that you can push them hard :whip: they don't feel guilty offering you far less than what your trade in is worth, so turn the tables ;) PS: White is soooo easy to look after, citrus pre-wash - bilberry on the alloys - jet wash - done for this time of the year!

I've been out today and got my sister a brand new Ford KA Zetec White Edition 1.2 3dr for £3k less than what they wanted!!! Their best to start was £1500 off, then their very best was £2k off, as soon as we started to move towards the door "Oh let me have a word with the director" :);) I'd got my orangewheels and carwow deals in my pocket, so I knew what we could get it for :) Their GAP £360, ours from gap123 £83 :D
Yep! As soon as they mentioned they wanted the January sales date I was quids in haha! I had a white A1 for 2 years so I know all about keeping it clean but it's a lot easier than these lazy ones say it is! With GAP I was £499 in Audi, £120ish from gap123 also...daft.

If I'm not mistaken, is that picture taken near the Electric Brae?
Hahaha stalker but yes! Same coast road just south of Dunure. :friends:

Went to my dealer yesterday to get something replaced and had a look at some of the deals.

Also had a long chat with the guy I have always bought from about the TTS, RS3, RSQ3 and new S4.

No deals to be had (apparently lol) on the RS3 price but prepared to do over value etc on trade-in. £5K off TTS sitting in the showroom if I wanted it and the new S4 should be able to order soon (they are expecting it to be a big hit). Sounds expensive though. RSQ3 is not selling apparently and I could get one with 11% off (no thanks lol).

My guy is usually pretty keen to sell me something but he told me to hold fire if I did want an RS3 as he said the facelift is imminent. He remarked I'd be annoyed if I spent that much on a car and then it was not the bang up to date version soon after. He is right to be fair....
I asked the same yesterday about the face-lift and was told they'd heard nothing about it!

Your man isn't looking after you as well as you think. Anyone gets 5k off the TTs plus any other negotiated discounts and this is for factory orders too. General opinion is no facelift on RS3 for 12 months plus. On the subject of no discount I remain to be convinced as there are now quite a few unreg cars around not being snapped up which helps prospective buyers. Always try an alternate dealer/contact on a regular basis even if just to check your contact really is looking after you

Hahaha stalker but yes! Same coast road just south of Dunure. :friends:

I asked the same yesterday about the face-lift and was told they'd heard nothing about it!

The facelift is due 2016 - we can argue about when in the year it will be released but it will be this year. Research Audi model cycles and timelines and you will quickly find out they are very consistent when they are updated.

Sales people will tell you what they think you want to hear. If your buying a new 8V now of course you won't get told about a facelift.

Think @Spin140 missed the point of my post. The deal's seem pretty weak....and no salesman worth their salt would offer you their best deal during a 5 minute off the cuff chat lol. Cheers for your advice anyway.....

General opinion no RS3 facelift for 12 months ? Whose general opinion is that then? Lol. I can probably guess.

Face lifted RSQ3, RS6 and RS7 (all face-lifted in the last 12 months) were updated the same time as the standard model.......why would the RS3 be special and not updated the same time?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06, Spin140 and Ridereasy
I quite like the facelifted RSQ3, they have one in the showroom at Aberdeen Audi.....mind you, its list price with options is £48k!

They also have a Sepang RS3 in the showroom.....looks absolutely stunning.....price is £50k!!!!

Im sorry but as much as I love my S3, £50k for an RS3 is beyond ridiculous.

Reactions: Dazzeroo and SW14NY'S
I quite like the facelifted RSQ3, they have one in the showroom at Aberdeen Audi.....mind you, its list price with options is £48k!

They also have a Sepang RS3 in the showroom.....looks absolutely stunning.....price is £50k!!!!

Im sorry but as much as I love my S3, £50k for an RS3 is beyond ridiculous.

£50k for a Rs3 ain't that rediculous when you've paid £40k plus for a S3

Reactions: Dazzeroo and pburv
Also depends on how you fund the car. I use pop and never finish the term before being tempted again. My RS3 won't cost me anymore per month than current S3 cab as the residuals on the RS are so good it has a positive affect on monthly payments. I concentrate on monthly affordable payments and just class it as an expense if asked to come up with the whole amount there is no way I would ever have a new car. I think something like 75% of cars are now PCP so perhaps motor industry should for us on average PCM rather than RRP ?

Reactions: DH81 and pburv
Also depends on how you fund the car. I use pop and never finish the term before being tempted again. My RS3 won't cost me anymore per month than current S3 cab as the residuals on the RS are so good it has a positive affect on monthly payments. I concentrate on monthly affordable payments and just class it as an expense if asked to come up with the whole amount there is no way I would ever have a new car. I think something like 75% of cars are now PCP so perhaps motor industry should for us on average PCM rather than RRP ?

ye use POP....Thats a new yin on me lol