1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Jan 2020 A6 Allroad acceleration lag

Terry Benson Mar 3, 2020

?

Wondered if anybody else has experienced this problem

1. Difficult to determine if it is an engine problem

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Could be an engine/ gearbox problem

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Terry Benson

Terry Benson New Member

I have recently taken delivery of the new A6 Allroad. and have noticed a significant lag when I accelerate from a standing start, (around 2 secs).
    I have complained to the dealer about this and they tell me their is going to be a fix to this problem around week 14 2020. In the meantime I believe the effect of this fault to be dangerous particularly when turning right off a main road, joining a roundabout and joining a traffic queue.
    I have raised the issue with Audi UK and then have escalated it.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. RL1988

RL1988 New Member

Hi Terry, I have the same issues- plus many others!!!! Have a look at my other posts on here (a couple of threads down) and you can see Audi UK's reply!

Terry Benson likes this.
  4. Terry Benson

Terry Benson New Member

I have just had a statement from Audi UK a Mr Sean Holdsworth to inform me that my car is safe to drive. However I beg to differ as I have been caught in too many jams up to now and I have only done 500 miles

5. RL1988

RL1988 New Member

Hi Terry. I got the same rubbish response from Audi UK (if you have a look at my thread https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/my-a6-avant-problems.415011/ you'll see my problems plus their response).

They couldn't have been more pathetic and kept saying there isnt actually a fault- its performing the way it was designed. .....yeah, but so was the 737 Max......! My A6 is going to Oxford Audi on Tuesday next week for them to have a look- i'll report back on the 20 issues i've currently got with it!

I repeat- I hate the car so much and would highly recommend NO ONE TO BUY IT!!!!

6. Jenkobenko

Jenkobenko Active Member Team Glacier S tronic Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

An update you say, hopefully this update also fixes the error lights

7. Terry Benson

Terry Benson New Member

8. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group S-line owners group saloon Audi A4

Quite, this 'feature' is well documented with many Audi models in many reviews, but not mine as I have a different gearbox. If you place the car in sport mode then the lag is lessened to a degree that makes you feel safer, or simply just drive around the lag. Another trick owners have done to improve things is to install a TCU update to the gearbox which greatly improves things. However it is what is is and despite a handful of owners stating it is dangerous Audi's position will always be that it isn't. No one has manged to prove them wrong and no motoring authority, or indeed any motoring organisation, has taken them to task over this...

9. Terry Benson

Terry Benson New Member

I just traded in an Audi Q7 for my new A6 Allroad, the performance of which was perfect.
    So why should I accept anything different and have to drive around issues that shouldn't be present in a new car.

10. Chunk39

Chunk39 New Member Team V6 Team Navarra Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Been interest in the A6 Allroad as my possible next car, have seen the YouTube video above too.. someone on there also mentioned turning 'coast mode' off which helped with the lag... the setting is somewhere in the mmi setup

11. Terry Benson

Terry Benson New Member

I'll try it if I can and see if it make a difference.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Jenkobenko

Any news ref the update ? Have you been in contact with the dealer ? and how did you get off with coast mode ? Ive turned mine off but not driven the car since.

14. Terry Benson

Terry Benson New Member

Tried turning off the coast mode, didn't make any difference. Contacted the dealer and Audi UK, tell me Audi GMBH are working on a software fix, should be available around week 14.

cuke2u likes this.
  15. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group S-line owners group saloon Audi A4

Unfortunately most of Audi is shutting down so this may not happen within the quoted time period. There also was a software upgrade for the 3.0v6 and the automatic gearbox, the ZF 8HP, not stronic, on the A4 B9. As there has been no details of the vehicle(s) in question in this thread, signatures help, then some may well be experiencing different issues we can't help with...

16. Jenkobenko

Yeah not the best time, but as long as this update is available we can hopefully get things sorted whenever the world recovers.