Jamie's 3.0 TDI V6 Progress Thread

The reason my map is so cheap is I've ready had stage 1 map done at Awsome Gti so it's going to stage 2 and I think I need it now with the 19" X5 wheels I've put on as it seems to have lost some power and it's bogging now :( it feels like it did before it was mapped which I didn't expect such an amount of power loss over the standard 18s

That explains the cheap map then.
I have gone the other way on my car came with 18 inch 5 spoke S-line wheels, now has 17 inch Team Dynamics Pro 1.2 wheels. These work out 5.5Kg a wheel lighter than the 18's. Tyres are much cheaper too.
I would have had to stick with 18's if they hadn't designed the S4 brakes to fit under 17's. Which is quite good.

Effects of Upsized Wheels and Tires Tested - Tech Dept. - Car and Driver

I knew it would have effected it a bit but I am suprised just how much it has actually. But I suppose when the fronts (9J) weigh in at 16kg a piece without tyres and the backs (10j) weigh more not sure how much more but I guess I will have to put up with it for now, might even get some nice 18s for a spare set :/

Fitted the transmission insert which is available on here as a group buy

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=216085

It does make a small difference but maybe a little over priced, I didn't realise how small it was...

Here's a pic of the old peice to get an idea

Uploadfromtaptalk1400704341247

I have had a quad exhaust fitted and rear silencers removed too, but still yet to get a proper pic where the car ain't covered in dirt from all the motorway driving

Sound wise without the silencers on idle their's no real difference but when you accelerate hard their is a very noticeable change in sound. It's a lot deeper but doesn't sound like a Citroën Saxo with a rpg as an exhaust.

I'm still yet to book the car in for the dpf delete and remap with rick but I will get round to it eventually

I made one for mine out of some box section steel, It is pretty small.

Think it probably helps a bit especially when launching hard at Santa Pod.
The exhaust will get a lot louder once the DPF is gone.

Karl.

Fitted the transmission insert which is available on here as a group buy

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=216085

It does make a small difference but maybe a little over priced, I didn't realise how small it was...

Here's a pic of the old peice to get an idea

View attachment 33904

I have had a quad exhaust fitted and rear silencers removed too, but still yet to get a proper pic where the car ain't covered in dirt from all the motorway driving

Sound wise without the silencers on idle their's no real difference but when you accelerate hard their is a very noticeable change in sound. It's a lot deeper but doesn't sound like a Citroën Saxo with a rpg as an exhaust.

I'm still yet to book the car in for the dpf delete and remap with rick but I will get round to it eventually

How much is he charging for dpf delete if you don't mind me asking mate and what is he doing, is he making a new pipe it just gutting the dpf isn't there a cat on the car too surely that will want to be removed too, is he mapping it too if so is it a custom map or a generic one? Cheers

How much is he charging for dpf delete if you don't mind me asking mate and what is he doing, is he making a new pipe it just gutting the dpf isn't there a cat on the car too surely that will want to be removed too, is he mapping it too if so is it a custom map or a generic one? Cheers

£600 that's gutting the original dpf. No cat on it.

The map is custom I believe but not on a rr, desert storm could tell you more as he's had his done already...

Rite ok cheers for that Jamie think I'll have to bite the bullet with mine and pay darkside as I don't want to gut my existing dpf and I want the cat removing so it will be a straight pipe but I also want a custom rr remap gunna cost I know but in my eyes with the mods that's getting done it should be worth it.

Rite ok cheers for that Jamie think I'll have to bite the bullet with mine and pay darkside as I don't want to gut my existing dpf and I want the cat removing so it will be a straight pipe but I also want a custom rr remap gunna cost I know but in my eyes with the mods that's getting done it should be worth it.

Mines Quattro so rr has to be 4wd which ain't very common, it was amd Essex I was considering but I hear good things from Unicorn aswel as Karl having his done there. I will get it on the rr after its all done though.

Yeah sounds ok can't they just pull the fuse on the haldex to go on the rollers that's all my pal does with his R32

Yeah sounds ok can't they just pull the fuse on the haldex to go on the rollers that's all my pal does with his R32

It's not a haldex system on the a4 it's permanent all wheel drive

Ah rite didn't know that forget that one then lol I don't know where there are any 4wd rollers either awkward ****** audi lol

Genuine vcds and s line sideskirts up for grabs in the for sale section