Jade Goody...gone.

I have to say its a sad thing to read today cause no matter what she may have sounded, looked & showed what she can be like, she was someone to admire to a degree, in this I mean she came from a heroin injecting father whose now dead, crackhead mother whose lost use in one arm probably due to drugs, **** bringing up, I mean for us couldnt be much worse & she became what she did, for me its very very sad & I feel bad for her as 27 years old, I had just celebrated my 35th birthday which I am happily forgetting to remember her, its **** really is, 6 years ago she made us all open mouthed in BB & she has gone from strength to strength, turned herself from one person to another, I for one respect her no matter what she may have done wrong & I think we're all guilty of some things she may have said/done at some stage.

Yes there are others that have also died today of the same disease, but does this mean it isnt as sad for her, what we should be looking at is what she has done to 1st for her sons after her & 2nd for the thousands of women that also suffer from this **** disease & the now I'd say much more awareness of this totally life destroying cancer, I'm actually quite shocked at how bad/quickly it has taken her life & certainly makes me think about life more & how I can make differences.

RIP Jade cause you are what shows the not so fortunate people in this world what you can achieve if given the opportunity & if you make the effort.

As much as you're life maybe **** today/year etc, there are always people much worse of than you & alot sadder, so make best of life today as tomorrow might not arrive people, live for today, be ****** of yes, but dont let that last forever.

Its a sad sad day & I commend her on her life.

Couldn't stand her myself. Famous for mouthing off on national tv and being a racist. Doesn't mean I wanted her to die as I dont wish that on anyone but most people thought she was a right **** up until she was diagnosed with cancer....

Feel sorry for her kids having no mum though.

If it encourages more people to have regular tests then its a good thing. My missus hates have her smear test but due to Jade she realises just how important it is to catch things early.
I personally didn't like Jade but hey, she was a mother and loved her kids and they now only have memories of her.
RIP Jade.

Couldn't stand her myself. Famous for mouthing off on national tv and being a racist. Doesn't mean I wanted her to die as I dont wish that on anyone but most people thought she was a right **** up until she was diagnosed with cancer....

:iagree: RIP

She has left a legacy which is more than any of us will do,her story will save many women.
Feel sorry for the family

Originally Posted by NHN
I for one respect her no matter what she may have done wrong & I think we're all guilty of some things she may have said/done at some stage.

agree

Jade - you will be missed, you've done more than many will ever do - RIP

Same here.
Controversial but well said.

Very tragic, but played out like a macabre soap opera in the end. I found it quite sick.
Indeed positive exposure from an awareness point of view, but that was achieved many weeks ago IMO.
Im sure it hasnt done the press and PR teams any financial harm.

@PaulAr. In her situation I would have done exactly the same. I would try and make as much money as possible to secure the financial future of my kids.

Definitely a bitter blow for the little ones that it happened on Mothers Day.

As has been said before, I was far from her biggest fan, but you wouldn't wish what happened to her on anyone, let's hope the media can show some sensitivity towards her family now.

@PaulAr. In her situation I would have done exactly the same. I would try and make as much money as possible to secure the financial future of my kids.

Commendable, and having money will be a good thing, however having the memories of your dying mum getting married amongst a media circus surely isnt?
All of the money in the world wont take that kind of emotional baggage away.
Having the last few precious weeks of a parent being invaded by film crews, journos, phographers? Mmm, how do you put a price on that?

Besides, I know people who lost parents on their childhood. They have turned out to be good people without being financially disadvantaged. Very few kids who lose a parent have (or need) many hundreds of
thousands of pounds left to them. This is the exception not the norm.
And what price dignity?

Anyway, this is a bit of a heavy subject and I respect your view but gracefully bow out.
RIP and sincere wishes to the family.

cheers
Paul

Commendable, and having money will be a good thing, however having the memories of your dying mum getting married amongst a media circus surely isnt?
All of the money in the world wont take that kind of emotional baggage away.
Having the last few precious weeks of a parent being invaded by film crews, journos, phographers? Mmm, how do you put a price on that?

Besides, I know people who lost parents on their childhood. They have turned out to be good people without being financially disadvantaged. Very few kids who lose a parent have (or need) many hundreds of
thousands of pounds left to them. This is the exception not the norm.
And what price dignity?

Anyway, this is a bit of a heavy subject and I respect your view but gracefully bow out.
RIP and sincere wishes to the family.

cheers
Paul

I would be suprised if the kids thought that way when they grew up. Im sure they would be very proud of their mum and the sacrifice she made to give them a comfortable future.

NOT MY POST

from another website:

"I'm sure everyone here is sad for her children and sad for the horrible way she died but lets get some perspective here.

The only reason that you know of this persons death is because she was famous. And what was she famous for? For being stupid and for being a chav racist. That is all she was famous for. She had no talent, skill, manners or even a sense of shame. Yes she did finally do a lot of good in raising awareness about cancer and that of course is a good thing. But a lot of other people in the media will make a lot of money out of her passing just as they have throughout her life. And yet all her work in the public eye summed up what is wrong with this country; she was loud mouth racist bully who got lucky unlike the thousands of other stupid drunk people you can see totter out of a nightclub on a Saturday night in any city centre.
The people who are doing good for this country, our soldiers who are dying a pointless, equally horrible death in that pigsty called Afgahnistan fighting a war they can't win, get a three minute mention after the latest fat cat talking about his bank pension. They won't get a full colour spread in Hello, Hiya, Chat, Take 5 Minutes and Pikey Alcopop White Tubetop Wearers Review. They just get buried and forgotten about as do all the other mothers and fathers who died from this terrible diesese but becuase they didn't get their kebab out on national TV don't get any column inches.

Oh and all this money she's raised for her sons? My guess is her jailbird husband will **** it all away on women, wine, cars and nose candy.

Farewell Jade. You truly were The Peoples Chav Princess."

Have to admit that Jack **** is a *****, cant stand him & he only married her to get a slice of the cake as such, even when they got married which I didnt watch but turned over today to see it on one of those ****** people programs(honest) & he kept looking away from her, he & we know what his game was, little fecker, even her kids didnt wanna kiss him, lol, thought that said it all really.

Sad news when anyone dies so young but its amazing how people can turn from hating someone to thinking they are great. I couldn`t believe all the press she got but if someone else is saved from this loss then that good.

Yep amazing how too faced people are!

Had the same thoughts Re: diana. I mean how can you morn someone you don't know.

The press have alot to answer for in this country!

Originally Posted by abdus
NOT MY POST

from another website:

I'm afraid I have to agree with this too. Very sad she has died, but look at all those people who need drugs to treat their cancer and have to mortgage themselves heavily due to the post code lottery of the NHS.

OK Jade did some good in highlighting this terrible disease and if the money rasied had gone to cancer research or other charitable body to help others I would have been right behind her.

However, may she rest in peace.

I couldn`t believe all the press she got but if someone else is saved from this loss then that good.

A great number of women have made a point of having their smear tests done just because of her being the public eye so whether it was just a byproduct of her getting money for her kids or not it means she will save lives even though she's gone.not many if any of us will do that will we.

I believe the money she has made from all this publicity is meant to go direct to her kids and not her husband. Which will be good.

I couldn't care less my self although as mentioned already it will be the kids that suffer.

There was a local lady from the Leeds area who was also given weeks to live but she wouldn't let it beat her. This women carried on for another 6-7 years. What she did with that time was commendable she raised millions for the cause. Where as Jade Goody let it beat her.

Yep amazing how too faced people are!

Had the same thoughts Re: diana. I mean how can you morn someone you don't know.

The press have alot to answer for in this country!

Couldnt agree more, press have untold to answer for & they couldnt give 2 shits about Jade, its a front page story, todays newspapers tomorrows bin lining as someone once said, even I am fedup with the whole Diana thing, concerts, remembrance etc, its just gone to far, whats next raise her from the dead, yes I was sad what happened because of the fashion of the death, wasnt nice at all, she did have to deal with alot of **** probably mostly her own fault, but hey you live in that life you expect it so no sympathies, same with Jade, she caused alot of her own problems but then again whose to say she wasnt told to be that, controversial to grab the headlines huh, that isnt beyond possibilitity at all, but doesnt detract from the fact its a young women of 27 *** whose died & she was as we are each day trying to stay afloat in life & if you think about her upbringing, what she's had to endure like many others do you think you'd be much different, you have to consider the psychology of everything, where she lived, impact of a drug related family, poor family etc etc, if I was her I'd do whatever I guess to get out of the life she had before

A great number of women have made a point of having their smear tests done just because of her being the public eye so whether it was just a byproduct of her getting money for her kids or not it means she will save lives even though she's gone.not many if any of us will do that will we.

Yeap absolutely, how many people have highlighted the disease as much as she has & died for it, plus made many other women go do there checkups properly, I know this is sometimes not considered important as my mrs has missed before until I told her to do it, so for me I can see the bigger picture, wish people would stop thinking just about her big mouth that alot of the time let her down & think about the good thats come of this.

There was a local lady from the Leeds area who was also given weeks to live but she wouldn't let it beat her. This women carried on for another 6-7 years. What she did with that time was commendable she raised millions for the cause. Where as Jade Goody let it beat her.

1st I'd say thats a very ignorant comment to make, Jade let it beat her, do you really think she wanted to die after becoming so successful, please think a litte bit more about these kind of comments, we dont know the severity of the cancer, how quickly it spread, this disease can kill in weeks or shorter if it wants to, so its not neccessarily down to her as a person, its down to the disease nature, maybe she did miss smears which would be her fault yes like many other women do tbh, I'd hazard a guess the lady in Leeds probably was able to hold it back given the state of the cancer she had & yes it is commendable to last that long & raise so much money & I would agree maybe if Jade had made so much money she should have donated some, but again I bring you back to the psychology of her as a person, brought up in **** life, drug parents, poor background, etc etc, I would say 99.999% of us if we'd had her lifestyle would have done the same for our kids, simple as that.

Yes she was a foul mouthed racist, she was a tad thick, got on my nerves aswell as others & tbh could very well have been told to be controversial anyway for press & to make money, but she was a young lady, 27 ***, she's dead, give her a break ok cause you are living, she's not, what awareness of a disease or good have you done on such a large scale recently, I know I've done absolutely feck all & maybe your wife/daughter will now go have a smear cause of this woman & find the beginnnings of cancer as an old flame of mine & current squeeze has & this will save there life, then you'll be thinking about Jade & how she made them do this, think outside of the box & see a bigger picture because this one person could of saved a life of someone you really care about.

Im not being funny Its sad someone had to die in such a horrid way but im sure she is not the only 20something woman with young kids going through this. Where are there flowers and condolances from the priminster?? Yes she was a celebraty, however people in the same boat as her suffer exactly the same. Im sure if it was me and I made it so pubilc and wanted to sell my story to the papers etc, nobody would give a crap. Id just be another woman who is being killed by cancer.

I also agree with edition, how can you be upset for someone you dont know?? She didnt know you from Adam and a year ago everyone was slating her and hating her for the Shilpa incident.
Her career was lost. No body wanted to know and now everyone is crying for her??!! Its those poor children we should be sad for.

Anywho I hope noone takes this the wrong way and starts hounding me for having no heart etc. Ive been first hand on the reciving end of cancer and its horrid. So im not slating it etc :notme:

No mate, what you say is fair point & tbh very true, I think its stupid the primeminister has said something but for me its what its made thousands of other women do is whats good about it, for that I can probably see past her very shortcomings, but whose to say she wasnt told to be like that anyway.

But you make as others do some very good points.