Jacking points ???

Fatbloke

Reaction score
Hi All

Just had the car up on the ramps for an oil change and had a wee look to see where the jacking points were for taking the winter wheels off and putting the summer wheels on.

The problem is that with the side skirts on, I can't see where to jack it up or put it on side stands without breaking something. I have two 3t garage jacks and a set of ratchet axle stands.

Where do I jack it up from??

Cheers

Dave

Hi All

Just had the car up on the ramps for an oil change and had a wee look to see where the jacking points were for taking the winter wheels off and putting the summer wheels on.

The problem is that with the side skirts on, I can't see where to jack it up or put it on side stands without breaking something. I have two 3t garage jacks and a set of ratchet axle stands.

Where do I jack it up from??

Cheers

Dave

Inside from the side skirts you’ll see the cill seam, if you look at it you’ll see a ‘Tab’ section that’s longer than the rest of it, this is where you jack it from.

Inside from the side skirts you’ll see the cill seam, if you look at it you’ll see a ‘Tab’ section that’s longer than the rest of it, this is where you jack it from.

The jack lifting plates are 4" and 5" diameter. Will there be enough room for them to fit in?

Will I need to use the hockey pucks with the slot in them?

Where will the axle stands go?

Isn't that for the widow maker jack though? As I understand it, a trolley jack will need one of those pads that are like pucks. I'm happy to be told otherwise though. :)

Reactions: Fatbloke
The jack lifting plates are 4" and 5" diameter. Will there be enough room for them to fit in?

Will I need to use the hockey pucks with the slot in them?

Where will the axle stands go?

There are parts of the plastic undertrays that pull off IIRC. There's a thread on here with lots of info.

Isn't that for the widow maker jack though? As I understand it, a trolley jack will need one of those pads that are like pucks. I'm happy to be told otherwise though. :)

I jack all the from the tabs with these.

Never had an issue with an 8V car or our GTD MK7.

I’ve never used the inner bung points as I was told these 4 points were only designed for being used all at once e.g a 2/4 post lift.

The load is spread when using the inner round bung points with a 2/4 post lift, whereas lifting with a trolley jack is focused in one area, That’s why I always use the Cill points and hockey puck with groove in.

8ceae3313483856e1f976e83080bccb3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lehn and davemk
I jack all the from the tabs with these.

Never had an issue with an 8V car or our GTD MK7.

I’ve never used the inner bung points as I was told these 4 points were only designed for being used all at once e.g a 2/4 post lift.

The load is spread whereas lifting with a trolley jack is focused in one area.

That’s why I always use the Cill points and hockey puck with groove in.

8ceae3313483856e1f976e83080bccb3.jpg

Gotcha... didn't realise you used a puck.

Now you mention it, I seem to remember reading other comments about the other areas being for a lift.

I have the slotted pucks but where is suitable for the axle stands?? I am a belt and braces kinda guy.

I have been trying to get a 2 post lift but can't find a company locally that can check the depth etc of the concrete in the garage and fit the lift.

There's a little triangle on the side skirt that points to the jacking point.

I've used them many times.