Jack Johnson - in between dreams

• Thread starter imported_CurryMilkShake
  • Start date
I

imported_CurryMilkShake

Strange - my eldest (17) whose normal taste is stuff like system of a down, tenacious d, killaz, snow patrol, keane, kaiser chiefs etc.. has brought home and listened endlessly to this Jack Johnson album..

wasnt sure at first, but it has really got under my skin - top album. very chilled, fine in the car, def. recommended.

so maybe its time for a music poll! what are your current listens, and what are the CDs that keep reappearing in your changer.. the ones that you keep coming back too..

quote: Strange - my eldest (17) whose normal taste is stuff like system of a down, tenacious d, killaz, snow patrol, keane, kaiser chiefs etc.. has brought home and listened endlessly to this Jack Johnson album

ha ha, that just means he`s stopped sniffing lighter fuel and started smokin decent weed now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif
back to topic: Franz ferdinand seems to keep re-appearing at the mo!

Hed Kandi twisted disco or disco heaven all classic 90`s house sounds. Also some stereo sushi

TDI I am 39 - nowhere near 40, absolutely not, in fact its ages away, miles off, which is good 'cos I think I might get a bit sensitive about it!!

Kids are 17, 16, 14 and 12.. (dunno how all that happened, I was asleep at the time)

Music is a huge thing at home - and even my youngest likes everything from Franz F to Peter Gabriel! (though she particularly loves Barenaked Ladies - they were the first band she saw live, and were superb!)

Wonder what the average audi-sport age is? Please tell me I'm not old yet!

lol wow ur a busy one CMS

im 20... and im a radio fan... big time.. but ive got cd's ranging from rock'n'roll american hits to hip hops finest eminem,50,p diddy, Biggy, to the slower R&B of bobby valentino, outkast, usher, etc but im a massive fan of dance manly funky house but love trance classics and the old skool house.. not the pop cheese house stuff.

but on the odd day i like the foo fighters, 182, system of a down, creed,american perl, finger eleven, sevendust & stained.

Maximo Park are a fave at min and you cant beat a bit of Franz Ferdinand. I love to go back and listen to ELO at times. Mr Blue sky is amazing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Massive Attack - Mezzanine,
Massive Attack - Blue Lines,
Massive Attack - 100th Window,

Moby - 18,
Moby - 18 B sides,
Moby - Play,
Moby - Hotel,

Amp Fiddler - Waltz of a gheto Fly,

Chris Rea - The best of,

Red Hot Chili Pepers - The best of,

The list is endless.......I even like a little Gatecrasher Wet.

CMS, nah your not old, yet.

I'm 34, and my 4 (inherited) kids are 21, 19, 16 and 14 (gulp). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

yep also 34 but not yet grown up... except of course for the weird taste in music, give me Opera, LOUD... then I try to sing along in my best off key soprano voice, and get a kick out of watching the horror on the faces of passing motorists... :))

The one album I just can't stop playing is Linkin Park vs Jay Z : Collision Course

It's on at home, in the car CD changers, on my laptop...

If ever there was one album that defined this summer's trip to the Nurburgring - this is the one!

Blasting through the Eifel mountains with 'Numb' or '99 problems' playing at an entirely too loud volume...brilliant! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

32 here....

Faves that you might have heard of:

Matchbox Twenty / Rob Thomas

But, I tend to like Country music, so I doubt that any of you will have any idea of who they are, lol.....

http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/sho...true#Post199620

curry milky baby... if only you were more open to suggestions.... i brought this little beauty to your attention weeks ago !!
jack johnsons other albums are great too : bushfire fairytales
on and on
rares
thicker than water (ost)
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

i like the mellow stuff...

jeff buckley- grace
kings of conveinience.- riot on an empty street or quiet is the new loud
jack johnson
elloit smith - figure 8
turin brakes -the optomist
crosby stills and nash
neil young
pink floyd
roger waters
led zeppelin

i could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.....................

currymilkshake..... i just tried to compress atrack for you to sample and somhow link it here but had no joy... so ive took the liberty of emailing it to you...... hope thats o.k ???
its a track off an album called homesongs by a guy called Adem.
its of the same easy listening bag as jack johnson..... think you might enjoy... then again...you may not.......
cheers mate.....

if anyone wants a sample of any of the artist listed above, i can email you, just let me know....
music is what i do, im a musician and i love sharing music with people...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

MZ - You're a star - will enjoy exploring all of this!! Feel free to recommend anything!!

Thanks mate!

[ QUOTE ]
So, is your avatar some form of musical device?
It's got me baffled...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinks it's an X-ray pic of some metal bits he had put in when he had THE accident!?

[ QUOTE ]

Thinks it's an X-ray pic of some metal bits he had put in when he had THE accident!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh...looking again, I think you may have got it.

correct'amundo jo jo mate........ that there is one "femeral nail" , it goes from my right hip down to my knee, bolted top and bottom acting as a femur....
incidentally, ill not be around for a few days ...going in tomorrow morning for another op.... their gonna break and reset my right hand and fit a load of pins and screws into it... this all in perfect timing for my holidays in afortnight.... nothing quite like a plaster cast in heat and sand........

[ QUOTE ]
MZ - You're a star - will enjoy exploring all of this!! Feel free to recommend anything!!

Thanks mate!

[/ QUOTE ]

no problemo...... like i said, i love introducing people to new music they,ve not heard befor....most of the stuff i like is not so main stream..... i cant understand people who wont listen or dont like an artist simply because they havent heard of them or their not on the radio or telly......
if you like sweet mellow guitar based music, i highly recomend the kings of conveinience.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif