Jabbasport or Revo Remap?

lanky

Reaction score
Ive currently got a audi a3 2.0 tdi 140. Im looking into getting it remapped and the 2 companys that i have come across are Jabbasport and Revo.

Jabbasports remap seems to be cheaper than the revo one and produce more power so im swaying towards them.

My question is has anybody used these companies remaps and what did they think about them?

Jabbasport diesel remaps always tend to smoke quite a lot compared to other maps.

If you are planning a Jabbasport remap let me know, I'd quite like one done too and we could probably get a group buy going.

Even tho Jabbasport claim they can get more power from there map?

The keyword is 'claim' I would have it put on a rolling road before and after map to see the difference.

The power quoted is peak power not constant power. It`s the shape of the power graph and the area under it that is important as peak power tells you nothing about the map. One of the reasons Jabba`s maps smoke so bad is that they are designed to produce a big peak BHP and torque number ( by producing a power spike ) as that is what people look at when buying a map. Numbers mean nothing.

What about awesome GTI's own map. Just been and spoke to them and they said on the road there map is just as good as a Revo one but only cost £200 which is considerably cheaper.

Why neither? Who would you recommend to do it?

Revo for me to worldwide recognition and it seems they are very well clued up. I needed a fair bit of info on my 1.8TFSI lump and tuning information and revo were really helpful. I phoned a few companies and they were like its quite new so we havent got much for it. Most of them were like we can do a stage 1 etc.

Spoke to Revo and they gave me all the options for my vehicle from a basic stage 1 to a bigger turbo upgrade and parts.

Lanky - are you looking at getting any specific mods in near future?

I'm running Revo Stage 1 on my 1.8T and they say that they are suited to running a uprated filter and divertor valve. BUT I have an FMIC and CAT-Back Milltek and I can't help but think at times I'm not getting the best from economy even when I drive it sensibly (such as motorway driving) and thinking it may have been better to get a ccustom map when I was at Awesome for al that work. I would look into paying the extra £100 for stage 2 to try and help this issue but there are some scary stories about it leading to well engine toruble in the conrod area. So thik I will speak to lads at Awesome in the week.

Just a thought before you jump intpo chosinga speciific map if you are adding any other mods.

P.S. If I am wrong anyone feel free to correct me - just going from what I have read here - Awesome - VAG Tuning - and personal experience from driving the car as of late.

Last edited:
Lanky - are you looking at getting any specific mods in near future?

I'm running Revo Stage 1 on my 1.8T and they say that they are suited to running a uprated filter and divertor valve. BUT I have an FMIC and CAT-Back Milltek and I can't help but think at times I'm not getting the best from economy even when I drive it sensibly (such as motorway driving) and thinking it may have been better to get a ccustom map when I was at Awesome for al that work. I would look into paying the extra £100 for stage 2 to try and help this issue but there are some scary stories about it leading to well engine toruble in the conrod area. So thik I will speak to lads at Awesome in the week.

Just a thought before you jump intpo chosinga speciific map if you are adding any other mods.

P.S. If I am wrong anyone feel free to correct me - just going from what I have read here - Awesome - VAG Tuning - and personal experience from driving the car as of late.

Just put on a KnN panel filter and gonna get a milltek down pipe and milltek cat back for now which should be ok to run with a generic map. In the future im looking to go hybrid turbo and fmic but i will get a custom map for all of that.

The decat would require a stage 2 if you are going with Revo as they are able to bypass the Lambda readings (or so I've been told).

But if you are sticking with a CAT and the Panel Filter then you will be fine. :)

The decat would require a stage 2 if you are going with Revo as they are able to bypass the Lambda readings (or so I've been told).

But if you are sticking with a CAT and the Panel Filter then you will be fine. :)

Its a diesel he is on about isnt it? so cant you just get rid of the soot cannister and have a free flowing exhuast to open up the spooling reaction times a little? also wouldnt bother with panel filters or air filters what so ever on diesels as they make normally 00000000.1% power gains if that

Its a diesel he is on about isnt it? so cant you just get rid of the soot cannister and have a free flowing exhuast to open up the spooling reaction times a little? also wouldnt bother with panel filters or air filters what so ever on diesels as they make normally 00000000.1% power gains if that

Yeah its a diesel. I only bought the KnN as the old air filter needed changing.

When I bought my 2.0TDI (140) 3 1/2 years ago after a bit of haggling the supplying dealer put the revo map on the car. This was great and I used it for the next two years. During that time I did some hardware changes to release more from the engine; Milltek downpipe and exhaust, new air intake and finally the EGR delete which meant another remap. I went to Jabbasport for the custom map and made it clear I was not seeking a maximum BHP number, I wanted the car to have a relatively linear response. They backed off the power peaks producing a really nice map for the car much better than the Revo map and checked it on their rolling road.

For comparison they checked their map vs Revo vs Audi the peak power results were 197BHP, 173BHP, and 167BHP. On their rolling road the Revo map was hardly any better than the standard Audi settings. The 12% increase in peak power from Revo to the current set up is trival compared to how different it feels. As has been said peak power tells you nothing useful about how a car will drive, it is just bragging rights. What's your priority?

When I bought my 2.0TDI (140) 3 1/2 years ago after a bit of haggling the supplying dealer put the revo map on the car. This was great and I used it for the next two years. During that time I did some hardware changes to release more from the engine; Milltek downpipe and exhaust, new air intake and finally the EGR delete which meant another remap. I went to Jabbasport for the custom map and made it clear I was not seeking a maximum BHP number, I wanted the car to have a relatively linear response. They backed off the power peaks producing a really nice map for the car much better than the Revo map and checked it on their rolling road.

For comparison they checked their map vs Revo vs Audi the peak power results were 197BHP, 173BHP, and 167BHP. On their rolling road the Revo map was hardly any better than the standard Audi settings. The 12% increase in peak power from Revo to the current set up is trival compared to how different it feels. As has been said peak power tells you nothing useful about how a car will drive, it is just bragging rights. What's your priority?

So the Jabbasport map still produced better power and was better throughout the rev range? Im not really to bothered about the peak power as long as it pulls well through the rev range and drives nicely.

Just spoke to Awesome GTi and they said they can do me a custom remap for my car for £300 so think im gonna go down that route with it as they are pretty local to me and a custom one is specifically for my car instead of a generic map.