J&R Drive shafts and ebay track rods??????

Got a couple of front shafts in the garage but never have got round to testing them yet

When I do they will certainly be put through their paces lol

So worth a punt? What about the track rods?

Its ok mate. So the ebay rods should be fine?

Sorry for the derail mate :)

I'm giving their shafts ago so with my power so would more than happily fit their track rods

Andrew your more than welcome to some if you want just drop me a text ;)

I wouldnt use cheap track rods.

I fitted a cheap-*** control arm kit to my A4 years ago. It lasted 4 months before it had more play in it than the original 10 year old knackered stuff i removed, and the play in the joints meant the toe angle had been moving around and had totally destroyed both front tyres.

The small saving you made buying the cheap ones soon goes out the window when you have to buy the expensive ones anyway, AND replace both front tyres as well!

Now i will only use Meyle or Lemforder suspension parts.

Reactions: s3dave
They look decent quality though and andrew says hes been running the track rods fine on his monster.

I've got one of their drive shafts on my tdi a3. No problems so far. Cheap and good quality.

Reactions: Dani_B19
Use the drive shafts quite offten on customers cars and had no issues.

One guy uses them on his track day 206 and has done for the last 6 months with no issues.

Reactions: Dani_B19
I put a pair of J&R driveshafts on my mapped Golf TDI and the first time I gave it the beans there was a pop and huge vibration from theshaft there after... Maybe I was unlucky.

I bought a pair of J&R CV joints on eBay, £16 each with two year guarantee had to be worth a punt.
Absolutely no problem so far, no noises, clicks, anything. Only issue was one of the outer metal clips got trashed while crimping it. Cable tie applied, no problems since. 9 months on the car
The car has had quite a few 'acceleration tests' lol. It's a B5 2.5 Tdi A4.
Incidentally, I bought them to replace a pair of 30k mile genuine Audi ones which both had split boots over winter.

I have a 1.9tdi b5 J&R CV in the garage which I accidentally ordered if anyone's interested

Bought two full shafts from J&R back in the summer to replace re originals on my A3 TDI that were knocking badly - both the J&R driveshafts made a loud knocking as soon as fitted to the car before even driving 100 yds - I wasn't happy!

Maybe I was unlucky but I'd stay clear of cheap driveshafts and CV joints. J&R took them back and refunded the money so can't fault their returns policy. I've used the cheap CV boot kits they sell and been pleased with them though.

drive shafts are ok ive had them on the front for the last 8 months no propbs and they come with 2 year warranty so they carnt be that bad on a s3

So clearly mixed reviews on them. Seems hit and miss on what quality's like.

Sorry for bringing this up, I have just ordered a n/s shaft for my S3. Really hoping they last ok, not something I want to keep replacing but the 2 year warranty sounds good.

Let us know mate. Still not got around to buying them due to been skint.

Reactions: Vex182