I've read the guides but for f**k sake, how do you get the engine cover off?

davej_anderson

Reaction score
I've got the 2.0 TFSI and have read a number of guides on how to get the engine cover off but it just won't budge.

I've tried running the engine and even driving on a dual carriage way to warm it up but I still can't the b*stard off. I've found where the rubber grommets are and simply can't get the cover loose.

Any tips?

Surely the Audi garage doesn't have this problem. Do they have a special tool?

Thanks for any help in advance

I've tried every corner and given them all a ****** big yank, so much so I actually lost my footing and fell over much to the amusement of the passing pedestrian

Imagine its a bloke cracking on to your lady in a club and your gonna wrestle the b*stard off ......imagine this and then some and voila !! lol
Took me around half an hour to get mine off then a half hour lie down before i started fitting my ITG !!

Once off stick a bit of ''lube'' on the grommets for next time .

You have to use a special tool:

arm_wrestling_champion_03.jpg

Last edited:
Get in the gym and pump them guns up and the come back to the car and give it a good pull .
It should come off mine come off a peice of cake

LOL @ some of the comments on here - haha

as said previously just pull it off! - if it hasnt been off in a while then it might just need that extra force!

Ok well from my 8P TDI cover, give the front a lift up as it has 2 pillars/ball joints its pushed down onto, then top right corner also has a pillar, now on mine the lid also has a fixing where it is hooked/pushed into a rubber fixing in the top left that you just pull/slide the cover towards the front of the car & then it should just lift out as long as the 3 pillar points are disengaged.

This maybe helps a little, remember I'm quoting from a tdi not tfsi as pic shows.

Engine-Cover-Removal.001.jpg

Reactions: K.A
i have issues with mine, i tried to take mine off a while ago but ended up snapping something so i left it off, i was only taking it off to clean something iirc.

I had loads of trouble getting the engine cover off for the first time. No wonder VAG have changed the engine cover design for the 2.0 TSI engines as I am sure all the techs will have complained about the TFSI cover as it is such a pain to remove.

Once you have removed it my top tip would be to lube up the rubber grommets with some molly grease which will mean it is easier to remove next time you try.

l would have went through a couple of shirts by now if l couldnt get it off. You got a picture of yourself? Just so we can see if your of the right stuff. :jump:

l would have went through a couple of shirts by now if l couldnt get it off. You got a picture of yourself? Just so we can see if your of the right stuff. :jump:

I've heard of people like you on the internet, pretend to be your friend, ask for pictures, ****** you senseless

tsk tsk, and I thought ASN was a nice place

Oh no, please dont start another gaylord thread, had enough of these the last 1-2 weeks on ASN, was starting to seem like www.gaysport.net

Ha haa. Only joking. lm sure your trying your best. If l where closer l would bring me Mum down. :respekt:

If l where closer l would bring me Mum down. :respekt:

lmfao classic lmfao, thing is if you did & she took the cover of in 10 seconds flat what does that say about Warren, lol

Ha haa. Only joking. lm sure your trying your best. If l where closer l would bring me Mum down. :respekt:

Thanks. Am not going to post anything about your mum and her implied strength as I don't know you and I'm sure she is a lovely woman...

...with a moustache

JOKE!

lmfao classic lmfao, thing is if you did & she took the cover of in 10 seconds flat what does that say about Warren, lol

a ****!