I've put her up for sale

Nickynibbles

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!
Reaction score
Have now taken the plunge and put my beloved A4 3.0 quattro sport up for sale, details here

Will be sad to see her go but its time to move on, sniff sniff :notme:

Nice spec but I think you're being very optimistic on the price.

Parkers puts a 2002 "02" 3.0Q Sport at £7.5k on 60k miles for private sale. Given that yours is low mileage you may see £9k.

Good luck anyway

Nice spec but I think you're being very optimistic on the price.

Parkers puts a 2002 "02" 3.0Q Sport at £7.5k on 60k miles for private sale. Given that yours is low mileage you may see £9k.

Good luck anyway

Both Parkers & Glass's give differing views on value, the trouble is with all the options on german cars its hard to be specific. I've gone with what I feel she's worth given some depreciation since I purchased the car & what i've seen in the market over the past few months. In in no rush particularly so dont feel the need to undervalue her for a quick sale!

Any particular reason why you're selling now? What are you planning to replace it with?

Im basically selling the car to cash in on her current good value so I can buy a better family car for the missus & a little run about for myself, hate using credit if I can avoid it! I'll be starting a new job in 2 weeks meaning i'll be using the car every day pretty much so the miles will start to climb on the car, she'll be worth a lot less in 12-18mths time so my thought is to sell now basically before that happens!

I'll be replacing the A4 with a Smart Roadster, very nippy & agile little car with a 700cc turbo engine, only 80bhp in standard form but jumps over 100bhp with a remap & exhaust, so it'll nearly be as quick 0-60 as the A4!!

You won't get anywhere near your asking price to be honest, and be prepared for idiots offering £7,000. It's so frustrating selling a car :mad:

You've pitched the price too high imho 9.5k would be nearer the mark and you could reasonably expect to achieve 9k.Selling a car is like selling a house or any other product pitch it too high and you will get no viewings or idiots.Re-advertise it at 9.5k and get it away as it will be worth less in 3 months time and will have gone stale on car market.
Best of luck with it.

Its pretty tricky pricing a car nowadays taking into consideration the ever changing economic climate and having read the threads views etc I do feel that the car is over priced also. You have to take into factor engine size (fuel consumption), the new road tax bands, time of year and age does play a factor. I would agree with the comments made on this thread on pricing but hey what do I know.

Good luck with the sale anyway

Ouch, thats too high mate, You'll be lucky to shift that.
Like they are all saying, you need to drop to the 9k mark, I seriously cant see someone spending 12k on a 2002 Audi but you never know, few of my mates have been lucky in the Past (with Bimma's though).

Good luck and all the best.

I think road tax may play a part in getting people away from bigger engined cars, but ultimately it wont play too much with prices. I tend to change cars every 2 years or so, for me, I'd expect to get £500 off if I was buying a bigger car nearer to the time, just to offset the extra couple of hundred quid per year it will cost to tax from 2009.
Bear in mind the price of decent capacity diesel engined cars may go up due to the more attractive mpg and tax band, thus the gap will be wider still, in which case it may push people back into big engined cars, if that makes sense?

I think road tax may play a part in getting people away from bigger engined cars, but ultimately it wont play too much with prices. I tend to change cars every 2 years or so, for me, I'd expect to get £500 off if I was buying a bigger car nearer to the time, just to offset the extra couple of hundred quid per year it will cost to tax from 2009.
Bear in mind the price of decent capacity diesel engined cars may go up due to the more attractive mpg and tax band, thus the gap will be wider still, in which case it may push people back into big engined cars, if that makes sense?

Maybe so, but I reckon with lots of people thinking like the OP, a flood of large engine cars onto the market may push prices even lower.