SQ5 I've had the call...great news (this involves my SQ5 and an Audi salesman)

Kam05

Reaction score
So last week I've had the call from my friendly Audi salesman...great news Mr Kam05...used prices are strong and your car is in postive equity... I can get you into a new car for the same monthies...yadda yadda.

I like my 2018 SQ5 TFSI and can't think of anything else I'd want to replace it with?

Anyhow I have an appointment with Mr Audi salesman later in the week so Iets see how this progresses? I thought used car prices are starting to drop and there are still new car/parts supply issues?

He might be able to get you into a new car, but I guess he hasn't said when though?

Likely to be a long wait, unless orders / allocations in system that can be nabbed or tweaked. Or as others have said stock or cars on way

Well what a waste of time that was! I was offered cars that I wasn’t interested in or anything I was interested in is over budget and will come with less spec!

Decided to stick with the SQ5 and come off the pcp merry go round. The days of good deals seem to be over?

Well what a waste of time that was! I was offered cars that I wasn’t interested in or anything I was interested in is over budget and will come with less spec!

Decided to stick with the SQ5 and come off the pcp merry go round. The days of good deals seem to be over?
Yup, the deals of a few years ago are long gone. I have a Q5 55 order in the system, and it's only an ok deal due to decent trade-in values. But still a way off the double digit % discounts from a few years ago.

Country verging on recession, supply issues right left and centre, inflation around 9-10% and people still hoping for a good deal from car dealers ? Hmmmmm

You don't ask for discounts/incentives you don't get.

Its not like my car is on its last legs and I need a replacement desparately- the dealer made contact with me with a view to upgrade, not me.

You don't ask for discounts/incentives you don't get.

Its not like my car is on its last legs and I need a replacement desparately- the dealer made contact with me with a view to upgrade, not me.

True, but very common knowledge new car prices are well up, and decent discounts are long gone. #naive

True, but very common knowledge new car prices are well up, and decent discounts are long gone. #naive
DtD still offer 12% discount on a new SQ5.

Dealer kept my agreed price (same as DtD) when I collected my car last month after a 9 month wait. They even discounted it further to get the 6.3% monthly PCP payments to match those of the 2.9% when I ordered. That made discount over 17%.

Reactions: NevMan
DtD still offer 12% discount on a new SQ5.

Dealer kept my agreed price (same as DtD) when I collected my car last month after a 9 month wait. They even discounted it further to get the 6.3% monthly PCP payments to match those of the 2.9% when I ordered. That made discount over 17%.

Wow, fair enough mate, great work there . New Q5 incoming so potentially helps. Did with me when I ordered a F60 JCW in July last year getting £6.5k off the £39,500 purchase price. A new Countryman also coming next year