i've got the car!

RyU

Reaction score
now i have the car, i have a few questions...

1. the headunit is a concert job. i have seen one on another site and it shows the volume button poking out (see pic)

2d95_1.jpg

my button doesnt poke out making turning the volume difficult, something i am missing here??

i am guessing i cant fit the sat nav version with it being a single din?

2. the instrument cluster.....the check button. i clicked it. anyone got a guide as to what each one means? i didnt get the booklet about the car with it :(

many thanks!

I`m more concerned about your radio station !!!!

Nip to your local dealer and have a nose .

Can you post a pic of what yours looks like, every concert stereo i've seen has the volume knob as in the picture! You can convert to a double din and fit the RNS-e sat nav if you like, means taking the centre consol apart a little but plenty of people have done it DIY, www.navplus.us has good info & a how to guide.

The check button checks the oil, bulbs, brakes & washer fluid (if you've got this sensor fitted though!), i think thats it, you should be able to figure out what the little pics mean based on that list!

now i have the car, i have a few questions...

1. the headunit is a concert job. i have seen one on another site and it shows the volume button poking out........ my button doesnt poke out making turning the volume difficult

I might be completely imagining this, but I seem to remember on my mate's TT his volume button is flush to the stereo when off, and then when you push it to switch it on it pops out, then you push it in again to switch off. I guess if that were the case with you though then your stereo would be off! I could be thinking of a different car....

Ade

EDIT - his stereo might have been a Chorus, not Concert, maybe that was it....

on the concert the button should be out, the last owner has pushed it too hard. The same happened with mine about a week ago.

yeh that wasnt my picture, i pinched it from another site :p

1.8jt i think that is what has happened with my one, been pushed in a bit too hard :(

i think a trip up to the local audi dealership is needed....very hard to figure out what those pictures mean when clicking the "check" button :(

thanks for the help anyways guys!

that is one big job......scary one too!!! would love to do it but i dont think i am capable of doing it to a decent standard :(

its a doddle RyU
i did mine myself, just take your time, its only screws after all !!!!
the end result is worth it.

:S hmm still not entirely sure...i think i will begin saving and see what my mind thinks once i have the wad of cash ready lol

also, figured out i got a built in sub! in the parcel shelf! result! wont need to put one in! sound quality is frigging awesome! cant get over it.

car isnt on the road yet hence why i am struggling to find out everything that is wrong with the car :( hopefully not a lot

i think brakes need doing...

would you say that if there is a X through the little picture when clicking the check button means that things need checking?
silly question really, but would like a response for a piece of mind..
many thanks!

i think so mate, usually if the bulb has gone then there is a cross through it, but i also think that if there is something faulty then you get a beep and the display ie the bulb with cross through it stays on the display when you turn the ignition on.
as far as i know thats right, im sure someone else on here will confirm this or put us both straight.
i think there are more than one type of display aswell, some only have basic things on and others have alot more detail on, depending on the car spec.