I've done it! Remap that is...

Beery

Reaction score
So I've gone and done it - got an APR stage 1 on the low torque 98 ron file they do. Also went for the RacingLine R600 intake.

Quite pleased with it so far, clutch seems ok!

Made 385bhp which I was quite impressed with...Pictures just for effect really.

20617095 10159043740590063 4943072351438302913 o

20626199 10159044032865063 4845313297920132164 o

Reactions: AL_B, Forbzeeee and FBF01
Hello there, really newbie question:

does the ECU of the 8V PFL needs to be opened in order to ECU-Remap? or can it be done via OBD port? if so, it cant be detected afterwards if someone needs to go back to standard.

Reactions: Forbzeeee
It was all done via the odb port and although there are mixed opinions on if Audi can detect it if it's put back to standard, you should realise that anything the remap touches, pretty much the whole drive train, could have its warranty void.

Also, if you are putting 20% extra load on all components they are going to wear quicker than normal.

But... It's significantly quicker!

Reactions: martinlop
Impressive numbers!! Yeah it will flag a TD1 as Audi will see the changes to the flow rates etc, but only an issue if you melt the engine. Just keep an eye on oil levels and maybe get a metal particulate test done once a year to check for wear on pistons, turbo bearings etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was all done via the odb port and although there are mixed opinions on if Audi can detect it if it's put back to standard, you should realise that anything the remap touches, pretty much the whole drive train, could have its warranty void.

Also, if you are putting 20% extra load on all components they are going to wear quicker than normal.

But... It's significantly quicker!
Agreed, but, as Im currently driving a CJSB 1.8 TFSI 132KW, and quoting SSP 606:
Weight Reduction measures (1.8l TFSI engine)
In the case of the third generation of the line of EA888 engines, a reduction in the total
weight of about 7.8 kg was performed. To achieve this, the following components have
been optimized or are used for the first time:

The cylinder block has been fundamentally redesigned. The main objective was to
reduce weight. The wall thickness is reduced from approx. 3.5 mm to 3.0 mm. In
addition, the function of crude oil separator has been integrated into the cylinder block.
In total, it was possible to gain 2.4 kg at the cylinder block to the motor of the 2nd
generation. Consumption by internal friction was also reduced. The main measures
taken for this are reducing crankshaft bearing diameters and improved fixation of the
balance shafts.
makes me think, that probably increasing the power output by mapping, might be not so good idea...

One thing i've noticed is its running a lot cooler than it was. Water temperature and oil temperature haven't been over 100 since yet regularly between 105 and 110.

Nice figures!
I've had APR on all my previous vehicles and will go down the same route when my warranty expires.
Is the map switchable if you have cruise fitted?

APR do have switchable maps but unfortunately not with my ECU apparently.

Reactions: -Ju-
APR do have switchable maps but unfortunately not with my ECU apparently.
Damn, I had that issue on my 8P, seems as though it'll be the same again then......mmm might have to look at Revo then