I've bought......

smitch

Reaction score
Two nice rib eye steaks from the farm shop near my work for dinner tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hubbahubba:

You orrible lot got any ideas on a different way to cook em than just plain and on the griddle pan???

Don't like anything too spicy though...

Hang em from the ceiling by some wire and flame them with a blowtorch. Or get silver75 to cook them with his hot wit.

Whats up, jealous?

I see your favourite website is not working, I suppose you broke it by giving it too many hits.

dont put them in the fridge, cook them from room temperature

dont drain the juice once its ****** and cook it in some onions!

get a nice creamy pepper sauce from sainsbury's - one that you mix with milk (a powder) and lash it on with some mash potato on the side!!

oh my favourite dinner!!! i love steak!

Likin the mashed potatoe suggestion, think i'm gonna go with that instead of chips.

mash potato with lots of butter mmmmmmmmmmm i was trying to decide tonight wether to have pizza or pork and mash in a lovely apricot sauce

think ive made my decision on the mash! :D

Pork over pizza any day of the week.

Cant wait for my rib eye!!! :drool:

if you shop in tescos i would fully recommend a south african mustard and apricot sauce to accomodate your pork or chicken

i cant remember the name of it but ill post it up when im home

it is THE nicest sauce to have with either meat, particulary nice with pasta and chicken!

cant wait now lol

I bought a 3.2 DSG TT. Though not from the farm shop. Guess I'm going to have to look at some other forums now.

give them to your other half and tell HER to cook them !

you reckon we should do audi-chops.net ?

Oil the steaks with rosemary oil.....Crush peppercorns pressed on one side , seal both sides in a hot pan put in hot oven for 5mins (rare) take the steaks out to rest,(2min) use the same pan you sealed the steak pour 1 measure of whisky flambee if you like 100ml of double cream reduce till it is sauce consistency add some course grain mustard(teaspoon) and pour over steak and serve with roast vegetables or......................................chips:)

Cheers

rev-head im drooling! sounds awesome lol

that sauce is made by willow falls called "something south african, karoo farmstyle apricot" with onion and mild mustard

a definate recommendation lol

my pork dinner was immense - thanks for asking lol

(i know you were not asking me)

How about a write up (with pics) on the steaks?

How were they?

Ah, the ubiquitous veggie...

I couldn't be a vegetarian, for one thing I don't like that many vegetables. S'pose it'd help!!

Have to say Rev, that sounds delicious. So how were they Smitch?

Can't beat a bit of cow, I love a bit of fillet steak, medium rare with pepper sauce over and some tats.

You need meat to keep up your iron levels.

joost said:
Ah, the ubiquitous veggie...

I couldn't be a vegetarian, for one thing I don't like that many vegetables. S'pose it'd help!!

Have to say Rev, that sounds delicious. So how were they Smitch?

Yeah Justin ...What i do for a living mate:)

Here some pics of dishes for you guys so when you go home tonight you can knock up these dishes

S5000135.jpg

S5000101.jpg

Had them rare with a bit of worcestershire sauce on em in the end with some sliced potatoes baked with cheese sacue and mustard on top. Oh, and some sweetcorn.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!

And loads of Grolsch. :o.k:

You utter bunch of basts. Half past nine and I'm already salivating over the prospect of dinner.

If only it was going to be steak and not beans on toast ;)

Lovely looking food BTW Rev, where do you work?

Soupie69uk said:
Here is one I made the other night!

And here is 5mins later!

I find keeping a camera strapped to my head whilst eating is always worthwhile, just in case eh!

LottieA3 said:
Tut :no:

Last day at work today until Tuesday, yay.....

I've got tuesday off as well!!! :moa:

Will have soon, start my new one on the 30th!!!!!

Can't wait!!! :happy:

Nice one. :rockwoot:

You can tell old stinky to have a ******* wash now.

.......quick question for future reference, whats the best way to change a double duvet cover on your own? There has got to be a technique to doing this without knocking over all the furniture

Get the duvet cover inside out ond hold it in the corners, then grab the corners of the duvet through the corners of the cover you're holding and shake it about til it goes on. :salute:

I dunno, you try explaining it!!!

A4quattro will probably be able to do you some sort of high tec diagram i would have thought.

All a bit beyond me......

I thought you had a missus anyway????

Step 1: Turn duvet cover inside out
Step 2: put your hands inside the now inside-out cover so that your hands are to the corners furthest from the opening.
Step 3: make like a sock puppet mouth with your hands and grip the duvet itself at its corners.
Step 4: pull hands towards you and therefore out from inside the duvet cover
Step 5: shake the cover (still holding on to the original position) and the cover will fall down over the duvet.
Step 6: button the opening up
Step 7: enjoy a cold beer, job done.

smitch said:
A4quattro will probably be able to do you some sort of high tec diagram i would have thought.

This hi-tec enough?
1521.jpg

And BTW my name is Chris.

Cheers Chris, knew ya wouldn't let me down!!! :thumbsup:

As always, you're welcome as I have jack **** to actually do