ITV HD on SKY HD

Yeah thanks Paul, add to my misery, the new epg hasnt been rolled out on all the hd boxes yet just thomson & this is part of the update with some trickery, sky are useless man

Yeah turn power of, hold down Backup button & at same time plug power in, hold the button down still until it says message on screen that says updating & also the 3-4 coloured lights show up on the front of the unit, then you can release tehe button & leave it to do its thing, it might not have the update available for it as yet, but try your luck mate.

Was just about to ask the same question for a colleague

No.

Hasnt mine & I've checked for update weekly without losing anything so far.

does the box have to be connected to the phone line for this update? as for forcing an update, my hd box doesnt have a back up button.

Huh, every box has a backup button mate, well I've never known in years of one that hasnt so yours would be the 1st, lol.

Aha, the backup button is on the top mate, where the NESW segmented buttons are, is it under a shelf by any chance which would not show these buttons, have a looky, if its samsung then forget it as upgrade isnt available yet.

ah right. l will have a look when l come home. but my question remains, does the box need to be connected to phone line for the update?

AFAIK yes phone line needs to be connected

right. l did have it hooked up one night but didnt leave it like that as the line was on the floor. l will connect it up when l get home and leave it until it updates.

right , l managed to do the update with the power down back up procedure. but its just the same.:sos:

Sky have had issues with the new epg so they havnt rolled out to everyone as yet, but keep an eye on this site for news as they seem to know the most & more than sky at times, lol

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1017532

Check that thread & there's few others aswell related to the new epg upgrades & timing.

Ha, forget Google (and Sky that matter). I was just thinking that mine hadn't updated and just sat messing about resetting and the likes - nada.

Then I thought, aha, ASN.

Thanks NHN you have answered what I couldn't find. The Sky site is poop for info on this. Guess I will have to wait it out as mine is Samsung. :(

No worries mate, glad I could help, lol.

Coincidence or what? I don't think of this for ages and then I get a pop-up on the screen 'tuther night telling me that my new card is in the post. So will this mean the new GUI will be available when I boot the new card?

Cool so means now I'm in italy for the next month I dont get to see it still, fecking wanksters sky, when I go away they update it, along with my blown turbo what a nice few weeks, at least its 35-40 degrees here, lol.

Coincidence or what? I don't think of this for ages and then I get a pop-up on the screen 'tuther night telling me that my new card is in the post. So will this mean the new GUI will be available when I boot the new card?

No probably not I have had my new card for about 6-8weeks and I am stillo on the old GUI.

I mean wtf, still no new card or gui, sky sucks atm, there CS has always been ***** & monopolistic with pricing, time to find another hobby.

No probably not I have had my new card for about 6-8weeks and I am stillo on the old GUI.

Agreed, been in for about a week and nada. What a pile of...

Thanks for the heads up though.