iTunes help!

lil_coz

Reaction score
Hey peeps. I'm still fairly new to this whole ipod/iTunes thing and there's something that I've been trying to figure out and it's driving me nuts!

I've put a few albums in my Playlist and when I go to 'Music' under 'Library' with the 'Cover Flow' view, some albums are showing with about 10 covers rather than just the one. Is there any way that I can make it realise that certain songs are all from one album?

This is where I find out that I have OCD lol.

Cheers,

Coss

I know for a fact I have OCD about my music library! I will be very interested to hear the answer to this one as mine does it too.

:think:

If the single tracks are on different albums on iTunes then it will display the relevent cover for each single.

Make yourself a new folder, put your tracks in it, add whichever album artwork you want and reload it, supposed to work apparently.

Oh, I also have ocd, but I just stick all my tracks in one folder and keep it on shuffle, saves me going up the wall trying to be all control freak with it:icon_thumright:

If the single tracks are on different albums on iTunes then it will display the relevent cover for each single.

Make yourself a new folder, put your tracks in it, add whichever album artwork you want and reload it, supposed to work apparently.

Oh, I also have ocd, but I just stick all my tracks in one folder and keep it on shuffle, saves me going up the wall trying to be all control freak with it:icon_thumright:

No its all one album but some songs are separated from it for some reason. I've added a folder and assigned the same artwork for all songs but its still the same. Now I've got 3 album covers for the same album with the songs scattered between the 3!

If I dont get this sorted I may have to use your method lol.

The view is set to tracks rather than albums by the sound of it. Try switching the tabs on the top.

I've got it on the middle tab.

No its all one album but some songs are separated from it for some reason. I've added a folder and assigned the same artwork for all songs but its still the same. Now I've got 3 album covers for the same album with the songs scattered between the 3!

If I dont get this sorted I may have to use your method lol.

I've got it on the middle tab.

Changing between the three view tabs doesn't make any difference to mine.

Adding folders and stuff scares me case I f*ck it up and lose things :Flush:

Where did you get your album covers from? Mine are pretty much all put in place with a programme called iArt, or individually sourced off Google/Amazon and pasted in. I'm wondering if there are slight undetectable differences in the different artworks?

Changing between the three view tabs doesn't make any difference to mine.

It should do. Unless there's a sub setting in there somewhere that changes the way it looks? No idea. But if I click on the left one, its the list of all my songs, clicking on the middle one gives me thumbnails of all the albums, and the one on the right has half the screen as a flip chart with the albums and the bottom half with a list of the songs in that album.

Adding folders and stuff scares me case I f*ck it up and lose things :Flush:

I'd imagine adding folders would only duplicate the songs if they are already on there? This new technology stuff lol

Where did you get your album covers from? Mine are pretty much all put in place with a programme called iArt, or individually sourced off Google/Amazon and pasted in. I'm wondering if there are slight undetectable differences in the different artworks?

Some of my albums already came with the artwork but with the others, I got them off Google too.

It should do. Unless there's a sub setting in there somewhere that changes the way it looks? No idea. But if I click on the left one, its the list of all my songs, clicking on the middle one gives me thumbnails of all the albums, and the one on the right has half the screen as a flip chart with the albums and the bottom half with a list of the songs in that album.

Sorry I didn't make myself very clear, it does change the views but I still get the cover art duplication on some albums.