It's gone even quicker... Audi S3 0-60 = 3.59, 0-100 = 8.45

Leo-RS

Reaction score
For those of you who have been following my other threads and who are interested on how far the S3 can be pushed, some further developments...

Previously I recorded 0-60mph in 3.77 secs and 0-100mph in 8.90 secs with just the DTUK tuning box.

1/4m wise, I was stuck at 12.00 for what seemed forever but 5 events and 45 1/4m runs later, I managed to dip into the 11's with an 11.90. Objective 1 complete. 1/4m in the 11's with just a tuning box.

Objective 2 was to start adding the stage 2 bits...

APR Intake...

Yesterday I fitted the Forge FMIC... (Just a pic of the dismantling)

I then went out to test. Upped the box to Map 4+3, stuck in some octane booster, fuel was 1/4 of a tank and temp was a nice cold 3c....

I reckon there is a sub 3.5sec 60 and sub 8sec 100 in there when the exhaust is sorted.

Nippy little cars these S3's

Reactions: JordanQuattro, AdamA38P, illingworth22 and 6 others
Love reading your threads Leo. Nice one buddy :thumbs up:

Reactions: meathead28 and Leo-RS
I always look forward to your updates Leo well done mate

Reactions: Leo-RS
For those of you who have been following my other threads and who are interested on how far the S3 can be pushed, some further developments...

Previously I recorded 0-60mph in 3.77 secs and 0-100mph in 8.90 secs with just the DTUK tuning box.

1/4m wise, I was stuck at 12.00 for what seemed forever but 5 events and 45 1/4m runs later, I managed to dip into the 11's with an 11.90. Objective 1 complete. 1/4m in the 11's with just a tuning box.

Objective 2 was to start adding the stage 2 bits...

APR Intake...

Yesterday I fitted the Forge FMIC... (Just a pic of the dismantling)

I then went out to test. Upped the box to Map 4+3, stuck in some octane booster, fuel was 1/4 of a tank and temp was a nice cold 3c....

I reckon there is a sub 3.5sec 60 and sub 8sec 100 in there when the exhaust is sorted.

Nippy little cars these S3's

Does the APR intake change the sound?

The APR intake perhaps gives 10% more noise, there's more turbo whine for sure but I would be hard pressed to say there is a noticeable increase in the suction noise.

RYuill, 3+3 is the best setting for a stock car one million percent. I have spent countless hours testing this.

4+3 should only be used for a stage 1+ solution otherwise it runs slower. You can add octane booster to run 4+3 or run better cooling/breathing mods.

Yes I did run 3+3 initially but not a massive difference, 60 dropped down to 3.70 and 100 8.7. I then added octane booster, run and it never made any difference so changed the map and got the times noted above.

It is my opinion that 4+3 is beyond stage 1. More like a stage 1.5.

Reactions: kikin and RYuill
Dundee/Aberdeen area so quite a distance.

If I had to estimate, I would say 365hp with the tuning box only, 375bhp with the intake and cooler and perhaps upto 385bhp with the octane booster and the more aggressive settings.

However, all that is guesswork. I don't particularly care about the power/torque numbers, I've spent many years scratching my head with dynos that the best thing I've learnt is instead of chasing your tail with variable dynos, invest your money in a vbox instead. Same stretch of tarmac, change hardware/software, test and retest and bobs your uncle, you'll know if it has worked or not.

The ECU does advance timing to adapt for the higher octane, there is certainly a noticeable difference running with and then without.

Decat exhaust next and I'm sure all that bundled together with a remap to suit and it would have to be knocking on the door of 400hp. Whatever the dyno figures, as above, vbox much more reliable

Last edited:
Leo you are right,

Dyno is only one tool in the tuning arsenal. I rely on VBox, data logging heavily. For "big power" cars we hire Bruntingthorpe and map on the runway.

Rick

Reactions: A3-Lee and Leo-RS
I've been trying not to lust after that APR intake. This thread is *not* helping me..... :torn:

Reactions: Woody86
Great results Leo, this is a benchmark for S3 owners in ASN.

Reactions: Leo-RS
Nice thread and good work Leo. I am looking forward to getting another S3 now :)

hey sorry guys....i am new here and just posted a thread earlier on "performance upgrades for new S3"....apologies for not seeing these posts before. great info leo...will likely be heading down this road myself soon. i spoke with the MTM dealer here in Panama the other day who has his SQ5 up to 442bhp....and he had a 2.0 TFSI TT before at 650bhp (!!!). he has highly recommended to me the MTM products as being the best he has come across for Audi (yeah...i know he is the dealer here....) so i can't wait to have a go in his new S3 with the MTM cantronic box, APR intake and MTM turbo back black exhaust....and he is just getting started....

hey sorry guys....i am new here and just posted a thread earlier on "performance upgrades for new S3"....apologies for not seeing these posts before. great info leo...will likely be heading down this road myself soon. i spoke with the MTM dealer here in Panama the other day who has his SQ5 up to 442bhp....and he had a 2.0 TFSI TT before at 650bhp (!!!). he has highly recommended to me the MTM products as being the best he has come across for Audi (yeah...i know he is the dealer here....) so i can't wait to have a go in his new S3 with the MTM cantronic box, APR intake and MTM turbo back black exhaust....and he is just getting started....
Sounds like an advertisement for MTM

ah no, sorry....in my noob status no advert intended...i am just new to the modifications market and have so far only spoken to people who praise that companies products along with the APR intake...no advert intended.
would love to hear from anyone who has experience of Abt versus MTM versus any other products out there....
apologies again
noob out

Great reading Leo... I enjoy the updates. Can I ask what is the difference between the tuning box and the paddle box tho?

I have the MTM Cantronic installed here for several months now on my S3 8V and the only thing I can say is that I'm more than HAPPY with it !!!
It really deeply change the S3 nerves... I tried to unplugg it for a fun check and I felt driving a poor slow car :)

Reactions: Jayden reed and veeeight