2bab9b75bf53acfef5c834d7cc9940c4.jpg
1451e5acfb31992b0f249f99b9975751.jpg
f9f2e6b8894dec1f822ef86a74a3251c.jpg
52b9dfe10fb75ca7018b9ee7dcb80bfa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: JohnM100, TDI-line, Bristle Hound and 10 others
Very nice. Love the colour :thumbs up:

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and mike60e
Nice colour! Let us know how it drives etc.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Looks lovely. How do you find the space in the saloon?

Reactions: mike60e, Jcbmally and pburv
How does it compare to your A4?

Reactions: mike60e and Jcbmally
New car, not the greatest of photos at the moment. But the wife well happy
37e13e7dd058f1a0c6ac7c69f4e1dfd1.jpg
2bab9b75bf53acfef5c834d7cc9940c4.jpg
1451e5acfb31992b0f249f99b9975751.jpg
f9f2e6b8894dec1f822ef86a74a3251c.jpg
52b9dfe10fb75ca7018b9ee7dcb80bfa.jpg

Very nice, would be nice to hear your thoughts on quality etc. By the way you left your reg in the 3rd picture.
Enjoy it when you can pal (you'll have to hide the keys from SWMBO lol)

Reactions: pburv, Sandra and mike60e
Looks lovely. How do you find the space in the saloon?
Thank you, I think the space is good I'm 6ft and there is plenty of head room and space around. In the rear my 10 year old lad said it's great with loads of room and it's his favourite car now. It does feel quick and nippy but I guess it would over a A4 avant. Just working out all the gadgets now.

Reactions: pburv
How does it compare to your A4?
I think the A4 is great but just getting dated now, the A3 looks modern and feels quick and nippy. The interior looks a bit plastic in places but I guess that the changes we have put up with. Overall we are happy.

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
I think the A4 is great but just getting dated now, the A3 looks modern and feels quick and nippy. The interior looks a bit plastic in places but I guess that the changes we have put up with. Overall we are happy.

It's a nice looking car mate. :thumbs up:

Reactions: mike60e
Very nice, would be nice to hear your thoughts on quality etc. By the way you left your reg in the 3rd picture.
Enjoy it when you can pal (you'll have to hide the keys from SWMBO lol)
Thanks, I missed that one
We only popped out for a quick drive tonight but will give her a proper run out tomorrow. Overall the interior feels and looks good considering all the plastic, it's alot different to my old 2006 A3 but I guess that the future of where cars are now going.

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
@mike60eley the pic with registration on it has been removed. Thanks @Jcbmally for pointing that out. :thumbs up:

Fitted the rear black badge and side badges today. Not sure about the grille badge yet.
d4b9274edbb12e6593be69075f8df2c7.jpg
10da52179b37f96cd8a535eb46ee2227.jpg
60c62424f41789b3b6b7c933921e6519.jpg

Reactions: Jon Roach, Harny86, Jassyo06 and 5 others
Fitted the rear black badge and side badges today. Not sure about the grille badge yet.

Go for the OEM front grill black emblem as its a perfect fit...The replica emblems are slightly smaller in circumference
d000f9bd4603e2303e7682025038b094.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ron240, Sandra, Jcbmally and 2 others
Go for the OEM front grill black emblem as its a perfect fit...The replica emblems are slightly smaller in circumference
d000f9bd4603e2303e7682025038b094.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
I wasn't sure at first, but that really looks good.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Jcbmally and pburv

Hi, looking to fit a boot spoiler but can't seem to find a part number. Does anyone have any info on where and how much?

Reactions: mike60e
Thanks for info, I will have a look to see what they do.

No probs. mate :icon thumright:
Nice to help people out once in a while whilst also having a bit of banter.. It what makes this forum the best:yes:

Reactions: Jcbmally, Sparks43 and mike60e

Changed the the front rings this week, doesn't look too bad
b9201e46fb0c8bb43ec4347a0ee27ce5.jpg
4a64a3f7c011ba15ffb5b1ce81643fcf.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06
Congrats and the colour combo looks great. Especially in the saloon. I tried to convince the Mrs to go for this colour but I couldn’t get her over the line.

Reactions: pburv, mike60e and Jcbmally
Congrats and the colour combo looks great. Especially in the saloon. I tried to convince the Mrs to go for this colour but I couldn’t get her over the line.
SWMBO is always right :whistle2::whistle2:

Reactions: pburv and mike60e
Thanks mate, the Daytona grey is a great choice tho

Hi Mike60eley, I am looking to order a s line and really cannot make my mind up between the turbo blue and daytona grey. Really like the look of the turbo blue. What is it like to look after? Having looked at videos and photos online the blue looks different in varying posts some look really light and some a darker shade. What are your thoughts on the colour.

Hi Mike60eley, I am looking to order a s line and really cannot make my mind up between the turbo blue and daytona grey. Really like the look of the turbo blue. What is it like to look after? Having looked at videos and photos online the blue looks different in varying posts some look really light and some a darker shade. What are your thoughts on the colour.

Turbo Blue is a flat non metallic paint whilst not really high maintenance it will show up light scratches and swirls more than Daytona Grey of which wont on a S-Line car Daytona is the correct choice between both

Turbo Blue is a flat non metallic paint whilst not really high maintenance it will show up light scratches and swirls more than Daytona Grey of which wont on a S-Line car Daytona is the correct choice between both
Thanks for the reply. Such a hard decision. Really like how the turbo blue looks and stands out compared to the Daytona Grey. I just keep going backwards and forwards between both. Doing my head in.

Thanks for the reply. Such a hard decision. Really like how the turbo blue looks and stands out compared to the Daytona Grey. I just keep going backwards and forwards between both. Doing my head in.
I had the same dilemma. I originally ordered Turbo Blue, as I think that the S-Line looks really good in that colour. After much thought and discussion - and a brief flirtation with the dark blue - I switched to Daytona Grey on the grounds that I have specced the S-Line with standard suspension and was concerned that the Turbo Blue (which is a more attention grabbing colour) didn’t suit the higher ride height. My personal decision aside, I’d say that the Turbo Blue gives the car a sportier look and the Daytona Grey a more refined one.

The thing that mystifies me is that, free colours aside, all of the paint options are the same price. When I bought my Golf, a decade ago, pearlescent finishes (like Daytona) were more expensive than metallics which, in turn, were more expensive than plain colours. Does anyone know how they now all cost the same? And are metallics and pearlescent paints still more expensive when they need to be touched up / repaired?

Reactions: Audi Bairn and pburv
I had the same dilemma. I originally ordered Turbo Blue, as I think that the S-Line looks really good in that colour. After much thought and discussion - and a brief flirtation with the dark blue - I switched to Daytona Grey on the grounds that I have specced the S-Line with standard suspension and was concerned that the Turbo Blue (which is a more attention grabbing colour) didn’t suit the higher ride height. My personal decision aside, I’d say that the Turbo Blue gives the car a sportier look and the Daytona Grey a more refined one.

The thing that mystifies me is that, free colours aside, all of the paint options are the same price. When I bought my Golf, a decade ago, pearlescent finishes (like Daytona) were more expensive than metallics which, in turn, were more expensive than plain colours. Does anyone know how they now all cost the same? And are metallics and pearlescent paints still more expensive when they need to be touched up / repaired?

Thanks for the reply. I assume you unselected the sports suspension as I understand this is standard with the s-line trim? . I agree with the cost options with paint as they all seem to have a standard price and I thought the metallics and pearls would be more expensive. Such a tough decision as I am torn between the two colours.

Thanks for the reply. I assume you unselected the sports suspension as I understand this is standard with the s-line trim? . [..] Such a tough decision as I am torn between the two colours.

On the upside, if you like both colours equally then you won’t be disappointed with whichever you pick :) What would be your reason for picking Daytona Grey over Turbo Blue?

Yes, I deselected the S-Line suspension. It was initially a decision that I didn’t give much thought to as I only upgraded from the Sport trim (with standard suspension) to S-Line trim to be able to spec a particular combination of options. So the obvs thing, for me, was to stick with the softer ride.

Since then it was second only to the choice of paint as to how much I have wavered as there is no doubt that the car looks better with the S-Line suspension’s lower ride height.

Last edited:
If it's possible try and get cars with those colours side by side.
Videos don't give it the real world look .

The new Audi A3 Sportback in Turbo blue Driving Video - Bing video
Or this??
(2) Best spec? New 2020 Audi A3 Sportback with S-line| Daytona grey | black optics |carbon fiber inlays - YouTube

Reactions: Audi Bairn and AdamInKent
I deliberated most of the morning on the colour choice and have decided to go with my first choice and what my heart is saying which is the S line in Turbo Blue. Also having the comfort & sound pack, Extended Light Pack and Flat bottom Steering Wheel.

Reactions: Jcbmally and AdamInKent
One thing I am not sure of is if I should upgrade the alloys to the 18 diamond cut option.

Reactions: Jcbmally
One thing I am not sure of is if I should upgrade the alloys to the 18 diamond cut option.
If your thinking about it and don’t, you’ll regret it mate.

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06