Facelift It's finally here !!!!!!!!

To be fair, Adam, it's only got the one issue.....they just can't seem to solve it! lol

They've got it again for a couple of days, so we'll see what happens....

I was promised "the best car we've got - something a bit special..." as a courtesy car whilst it's in this time......got an A4 diesel ! haha. FML. :blink:

Oh dear. If an A4 Diesel is what they class as "Something a bit special" then they really do sound like a rubbish dealership.

Reactions: loftylad
Oh dear. If an A4 Diesel is what they class as "Something a bit special" then they really do sound like a rubbish dealership.

Haha...Again, it was just me being unlucky. The guy who felt really sorry for me and promised me "something special" had gone off on sick and so the courtesy car booking had been left to the reception staff..... Certainly not bothered about it, but just my luck !!

The dealership have been superb to this point...

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Haha...Again, it was just me being unlucky. The guy who felt really sorry for me and promised me "something special" had gone off on sick and so the courtesy car booking had been left to the reception staff..... Certainly not bothered about it, but just my luck !!

The dealership have been superb to this point...
Hope it gets sorted mate. I had an issue with my dash display a couple of weeks into ownership but it didn't put me off. As long as they fix it and do a good job I'm sure you will be pleased.

Well, I’ve rejected my car today – I had no other option.

I’m absolutely gutted....

I gave the Dealer 3 attempts (2 full days in workshop per attempt) to fix the fault but they were unable to cure it. Not only could they not fix the problem, but my fears were confirmed as the car now rattles because of trim being removed/replaced 3 times.

They were unwilling (despite me pleading with them) to order me a replacement, and so after taking some legal advice I opted for a full refund.

I’m a normal bloke with an average wage, but I saved up for 8 years to buy it outright. (I was brought up to never use finance) Then a ridiculous 10 month wait from order to delivery.

It was the best car I’ve ever owned by a country mile – and also the worst buying experience I have ever had. (and I've bought a lot of cars both new and used)

However, because of Audi’s attitude (to pretty much everything), I will never own another Audi as long as I live.

To add insult to injury, I now have no car. I sold my immaculate (owned by myself from new) car to a friend for trade price when I bought the S3.

And I know “its only a car”, but I had so much time and effort invested into the purchase of the S3, walking away with nothing after nearly 12 months just goes beyond disappointing.

I feel genuinely sorry for the person who buys this car, as I’m sure it will be straight on the Approved Used list without being fixed, and then having to be returned under warranty until they can finally get to the bottom of the issue.

…on the plus side, my sister has kindly offered me the use of her Citroen C1 until I sort something out….every cloud and all that! lol

Reactions: AlS3BE, Jcbmally, Phutters and 8 others
Sorry to hear about your experience, I know how long you waited to get it mate.
Hopefully you get something else soon which eases the pain.
All the best and we look forward to hearing what you do next :thumbs up:

Reactions: Ron240 and loftylad
Must be gutting for you mate but l am also hopeful you'll get another car you'll be happy with very soon so chin up and as the old saying goes "What's for ye won't go past ye"

Reactions: Jcbmally, Audi Bairn, loftylad and 1 other person
Shame you had to go down that route but looks like you were definitely left with no choice. Think it was the right decision. Hopefully can get something sorted soon.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally, Audi Bairn, NevMan and 1 other person
I have rejected a car before (a Hyundai don't ask) If there is any problem within 30 days they get one chance to fix it, after that 3 tries. You fill out some paperwork return the car I had no argument about it at all, I had also put 2k miles on the car too ! If you're not happy with it now then it will only bug you, you have spent a lot of cash for something that should be perfect. Buy a random £ 500 car with 6 months MOT to fill the gap ... good luck .

I gave the Dealer 3 attempts (2 full days in workshop per attempt) to fix the fault but they were unable to cure it. Not only could they not fix the problem, but my fears were confirmed as the car now rattles because of trim being removed/replaced 3 times.

They were unwilling (despite me pleading with them) to order me a replacement, and so after taking some legal advice I opted for a full refund.

I’m a normal bloke with an average wage, but I saved up for 8 years to buy it outright. (I was brought up to never use finance) Then a ridiculous 10 month wait from order to delivery.

It was the best car I’ve ever owned by a country mile – and also the worst buying experience I have ever had. (and I've bought a lot of cars both new and used)

However, because of Audi’s attitude (to pretty much everything), I will never own another Audi as long as I live.

To add insult to injury, I now have no car. I sold my immaculate (owned by myself from new) car to a friend for trade price when I bought the S3.

And I know “its only a car”, but I had so much time and effort invested into the purchase of the S3, walking away with nothing after nearly 12 months just goes beyond disappointing.

I feel genuinely sorry for the person who buys this car, as I’m sure it will be straight on the Approved Used list without being fixed, and then having to be returned under warranty until they can finally get to the bottom of the issue.

…on the plus side, my sister has kindly offered me the use of her Citroen C1 until I sort something out….every cloud and all that! lol
Sorry to hear that fella, but like others have said you'll find something soon I'm sure. There is a lot of cars out there that will bring a smile to your face.

That's pants mate, but I totally see where you're coming from as I had a similar episode with Mercedes, I was a bit more patient though as they had the car a dozen times in 6 months, not the same faults though, they'd attempt to correct the faults and make things worse, rust, then overspray and further rust when repaired, damaged interior, new rattles after the interior parts had been replaced, new rattles where things had been taken apart when trying to find the cause of other rattles, the final straw was when the business manager said he'd personally inspect and hand the car back to me, I got my inlaws to come with me (both have Mercs, E350 Cabrio and a C63 so valued customers) and low and behold the guy wasn't there (took a holiday at short notice) and the car was locked away outside in a compound not even cleaned so what a waste of time that was.

Sorry to hear you've had to reject your car. However, I'm also glad the dealer didn't kick up a fuss and drag in on for months hoping you'd give up, or have to fight it in court.

The dealers can ruin a cars brand that would stop someone buying from that Brand again, or certainly not for many years. Had the same experience with Renault many years ago, and more recently VW.

But at least you have something sorted as a run-around. What are your thoughts to replace the S3 with? Obvious comparison is the A35 AMG or 1 Series 140i. You should get a decent discount off the BM. Though do you need it to be a Cabriolet? If you don't need 4 seats, Porsche Boxter is the obvious choice.

That really is gutting and to be left with no car & having to start from scratch must be horrible for you pal :(

As the other Guys have said, it is good you have got your money back without a fight though.

The S3 cabrio is a fairly niche car though, so finding a suitable replacement may prove a little difficult ... but good luck :icon thumright:

Reactions: Audi Bairn, loftylad and NevMan
Cheers, guys

It ended up getting ugly at the dealers when I took the car in last week. Long story,short - I left the car and they haven't paid me yet! They're blaming misplacing my bank details/Bank Holiday/admin etc. but I'm absolutely raging!

So now I have no car and no money! Worst experience I have ever had from start to (hopefully almost) finish.

Audi CS worse than useless.

I had started looking at A35 AMG or BMW M240i - but after doing some serious thinking, I’ve decided to sack off a nice car completely.

When I paid for the car, I collected all the money from my various savings accounts/bonds/investments etc….Seeing the amount of money in one lump when it was written down on my refund paperwork made me realise just how ludicrous of an amount it is to spend on a car (for me)

I’m now going to do the sensible thing and invest the money into a house for my kids future.

Very boring, but in hindsight maybe it’s what I should have done in the first place.

It’s better to have loved and lost than never loved at all!

Oh, and FML ! :sorrow:

Reactions: listers_socks, PHutch33, Kayobong and 7 others
I’m now going to do the sensible thing and invest the money into a house for my kids future.

Very boring, but in hindsight maybe it’s what I should have done in the first place.

They are very lucky.

:respekt:

Reactions: loftylad and NevMan
Cheers, guys

It ended up getting ugly at the dealers when I took the car in last week. Long story,short - I left the car and they haven't paid me yet! They're blaming misplacing my bank details/Bank Holiday/admin etc. but I'm absolutely raging!

So now I have no car and no money! Worst experience I have ever had from start to (hopefully almost) finish.

I had started looking at A35 AMG or BMW M240i - but after doing some serious thinking, I’ve decided to sack off a nice car completely.

When I paid for the car, I collected all the money from my various savings accounts/bonds/investments etc….Seeing the amount of money in one lump when it was written down on my refund paperwork made me realise just how ludicrous of an amount it is to spend on a car (for me)

Such a shame! Do you know what you'll end up going with? I know you're not going for "S3 value" but do you know what you'll end up going with?

Understand why you've done what you have. Sounds like a shocking CS from.start to finish.

Cheers, guys

That’s such a shame after all the time waiting for it.
Have you not thought about a cheaper/older toy car and the kids having the rest? If it’s open top mx5 or s2000 are a hoot to drive.
Or get a cheap lease. Mate got an new mx5 on a lease for really cheap. Not quick but a good drive.
https://www.selectcarleasing.co.uk/car-leasing/mazda/mx-5/convertible/15-132-se-plus-2dr/

@Adam14 You wont believe me, but I think I'm going to get a Kia! lol - Got a mate who works for them and can do a ridiculous deal on a new one. Will reliably get me to work and back - and has the added bonus of working windows! :smile:
Hero to Zero.:haha:

Reactions: Jcbmally, Adam14, TYb and 2 others
@Adam14 You wont believe me, but I think I'm going to get a Kia! lol - Got a mate who works for them and can do a ridiculous deal on a new one. Will reliably get me to work and back - and has the added bonus of working windows! :smile:
Hero to Zero.:haha:

I bought a brand new Hyundai PHEV before the e-tron and had a similar experience the other way round had to return the car as there were quality issues and dealer misrepresentation . To be honest have had similar issues with Audi too so in my experience it makes no difference they are all as bad as each other So I guess it is all swings and roundabouts ...... I’m sure your mate will look after you and a 7 year warranty means they will keep fixing it :smiley:

Reactions: NevMan and loftylad
Lofty, Have the dealership put the car back up for sale with a major fault ?
If so have you considered writing to the dealership CEO and Audi CEO to complain ?
I get that you are rid of the car and possibly still very angry (I know I would be )and really not interested but I would have thought they would not be allowed to do this legally and therefore should not be allowed to get away with this .

Lofty, Have the dealership put the car back up for sale with a major fault ?
If so have you considered writing to the dealership CEO and Audi CEO to complain ?
I get that you are rid of the car and possibly still very angry (I know I would be )and really not interested but I would have thought they would not be allowed to do this legally and therefore should not be allowed to get away with this .

Yes. I have done. No one cares. Not Audi, not dealership, not Audi CS.

I am beyond angry. I have lost my "dream car" and I have been treated like a piece of ****. (and that's after of the most painful wait ever for a car - 10 months)

I am drawing a line under it now and moving on.

I will never own another Audi.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jcbmally, AlS3BE and 1 other person
Yes. I have done. No one cares. Not Audi, not dealership, not Audi CS.

I am beyond angry. I have lost my "dream car" and I have been treated like a piece of ****. (and that's after of the most painful wait ever for a car - 10 months)

I am drawing a line under it now and moving on.

I will never own another Audi.

Good on you mate. Life’s too short.
Only way is to Draw the line and walk away.
Now you got all this cash take a nice holiday and come back to your shiny new Kia.
I personally think Kia have made leaps and bounds over the past 10 years and now their cars are well built and quite nice. That 7 year warranty is great as well and most likely you won’t have to jump through hoops to get something fixed.
What Kia are you getting? Stinger?

Reactions: Audi Bairn and loftylad
I drove a Kia stinger V6 before the S5 and found the amount of standard options very impressive. Quality of plastic was ok, not amazing but for the price it was hard to complain about to be honest!!!

Good on you mate. Life’s too short.
Only way is to Draw the line and walk away.
Now you got all this cash take a nice holiday and come back to your shiny new Kia.
I personally think Kia have made leaps and bounds over the past 10 years and now their cars are well built and quite nice. That 7 year warranty is great as well and most likely you won’t have to jump through hoops to get something fixed.
What Kia are you getting? Stinger?

Haha. Cheers mate

Kia are what they are. Honest. Cheap. Reliable.

4 days from order to pickup...lol

Like a Stinger, but much,MUCH shitter........Picanto! hahahahaha:blink:

Reactions: NevMan and AlS3BE