1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

It's been a long week.....!

Jake 61 Apr 9, 2015

1. Jake 61

Jake 61 Teacher of bad things..! Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

It started well last Saturday with a day to myself to get the car into the garage for a couple of small jobs and finally go for a good wash, cut, polish and seal on the car, first opportunity I've had since I bought it last October. The car was looking good by Saturday night and Sunday, I had promised myself a bit of time to get the throttle body off for a clean to see if I could cure my tickover problem.
    Job done and it was running as sweet as it could, prior to being booked in to Highland Audi for the coil pack recall work and ecu upgrade on Tuesday.
    I had the afternoon off work and was really looking forward to the run home, hoping that the 3.2 would be cured of it's minor annoyances.
    It was getting late on Tuesday, in the showroom, weighing up all the eye candy and treating myself to a cup of their coffee, when the service advisor came over and popped my bubble.
    "We got the coil pack changed and everything was fine", uh-huh, there's a but coming, "But we can't start your car after the TPI".
    Sh*t......! :(
    We will give you a courtesy car, (A1 TDI with 16 miles on the clock), and will keep your car here to resolve this issue.
    Wednesday brought another call with an extension of my use of the A1 and the update that there have been many calls between the Highlands, the Lowlands and even der Fatherland to try and cure the problem.
    Today, no joy. They have admitted that they are stumped by what has happened. They have ordered a new ecu, which will arrive tomorrow, hopefully, the newer version that doesn't require the TPI that caused my one to have it's brain fart, and "At no cost to me". (I did like that bit). :)
    Bl**dy annoying thing is, the weather has been lovely and my spotless car has been stuck in a garage for all of it. Wintry showers forecast for this weekend to put the boot in.
    My wife says it could only happen to me but, I bet not....!

Don't you just love Audi.....:laugh:

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. mjr901

mjr901 Guest

Happens mate.

Countless times modules and ECU's are replaced and the coding doesn't work through the automated guided coding plan.

I'm sure they'll sort it.

Jake 61 likes this.
  4. Jake 61

I can't fault their customer service.

The poor girl was getting quite embarassed about it all and was most helpful.

Should all be sorted tomorrow.

:icon thumright:

5. mjr901

mjr901 Guest

If it continuously doesn't code then they'll have to submit a report to 'technical' and then they'll tell them how to sort the problem. 9/10 it's a coding issue within the guided plan.

Else they'll send a rediculously clever guru to sort it.

She'll be fine. :)

Jake 61 likes this.
  6. Jake 61

Just back from Highland Audi after having new coil packs AND a new ecu.
    I really wasn't expecting as much of a change in the cars behaviour, in all areas really.
    Throttle response is now blistering and there is absolutely no more of the low speed juddering and farting about like there used to be.
    I thought it was just a characteristic of the car and it was something that I got used to fairly quickly. Now, it's like a new car and I really enjoyed the drive home.
    I never thought I would say this, but, Highland Audi were first class in the end.
    Anybody with a 3.2 that hasn't had this done needs to get it sorted, what a difference.

:D:D:D