its been a busy week (lots of pics)

rOb_A

Reaction score
yep, its been a busy week. I've contemplating do some mod's for a while now my 1.8tfsi SB S-line. a great car that done me proud!!

IMG_0419.jpg

I've had for 2 years and its my 2nd 8p

IMG_0421.jpg

i started to buy a few bits and bobs

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

the grille looks great with gloss black rings, as i was unsure at first. must say a big thanks to Andrew & Jen at DTUK :thumbsup:

the next to buy was this ........

IMG_0465.jpg

after bit a of think and ringing around, i got a great deal on month old 2.0tdi BE 140 with 460 miles on the clock. i got a great trade in price for the 1.8tfsi from Eastbourne Audi. Andy down there was great to deal with, no messing round, so from answering my call, the deal was done in 5-10 mins.
The car was delivered on Saturday morning and due to be taken apart on Sunday.

Some of you may have seen my "Speedline" thread, where i meant Sportlines...

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

can't believe i had had my car for no more than 24 hours and it was looking like this. With the help of a mate and use of his drive!

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

but all turned out well and was put back together and now looks great

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

Oh yeah, i put on some pressed plates from DTUK. again thanks to Andrew for sorting them.

Just ordered some LED's from Trups, so it starting to get there!!

Next are some wheel spacers but unsure what distance to offset, any advise?? Also looking for some side skirts, hoping N8 will help me out.
Oh yeah forgot the S3 to S-Line badge on the grille!!!

anyway enjoy

I've got a BE grille for grabs, along with a S3 grille badge and matt black front grille rings if anyone is interested???

Will get some better pics up some, as the car now full of insect kill and the pic's where off my iPhone.

all good in a weekends work , I'm a happy fella :wub:

Last edited:
Reactions: S3RYE, pinterovski and N8
That looks lovely mate, lol at the popping head. Didn't see it at first. what's next? Remap? RNS-E? Buckets? Exhaust? That exhaust just screams 1.4L engine.

Reactions: willowsdad
i know, its a shocker at lower back end !! yep for a twin-pipe and valence (any idea on the cost?) are on my radar but would like the side-skirts and spacers first. oh yeah, i've also order some black rear rings.

yeah didn't see my mate getting in on the shot. i'll have to let him know he is internet famous :laugh:

Last edited:
Haha lol, not sure. Maybe get a s3 valence: £100 and then do a back box delete £80. Side-skirts are expensive, I don't think your car needs them, looks spot on already mate.

back box delete ? does the s3 valence come painted?

Audi S3 diffuser looks the same colour on all audi's so I guess so. Chopping the backbox, not sure what that would do to your warranty though lol. Also maybe wrapping the roof black?

I like it white. I'll get the other mods going then see where I'm at.
can you buy a miltek back box only? can only find a car back system for pricing

how much for the matte black rings fella?

and wherever the s3 valance is for £100 let me know coz ill have one too :)

First off nice car mate! Loved the SB too, but horse for courses n all that. Your a true modder that much is clear not 24 hours and there was work taking place :)

The S3 rear valance comes in 2 separate pieces on top of that you will require the old S line bumper or S3 bumper for it to fit.
Regarding you tailpipes, you can chop of the existing single pipe and get a twin pipe replacement for that but you will require a new black edition rear valance to accommodate the pipes

cheers lad. yep the SB served me well. on my 3rd 8P3. had a new ibis 3 door S line in Sept 08 for 6 months and regretted moving it on but....

yep, looking to put a bit of effort into this one. tried to get hold of 170 but the move quickly.
Could i get a 170 rear valance and back box?

First off nice car mate! Loved the SB too, but horse for courses n all that. Your a true modder that much is clear not 24 hours and there was work taking place :)

The S3 rear valance comes in 2 separate pieces on top of that you will require the old S line bumper or S3 bumper for it to fit.
Regarding you tailpipes, you can chop of the existing single pipe and get a twin pipe replacement for that but you will require a new black edition rear valance to accommodate the pipes

Oops, my bad. I thought all the 2009+ bumpers were the same?

rob thats a lovly car :p if your going to get s3 side skirts your should get the rear bumper aswell.

i think you should put the chrome rings back on the grill :p

you think lad ? the rings look great in the flesh, nice and shiney. was a bit unsure when it arrived. Still have the BE grille so can swap around if needs be. looks for a RS3 grille, may have found one but they're pricey!!

i want one !!! I'll have to get a look at your car lad.