It's all your fault audi sport!!!

That's exactly what I thought when I saw Steves post, thought they'd be something he'd have done by now.

Maybe the scuttle ones but I don't think I like like the two that cover the o/s & n/s of engine

They do make it alot neater and less messy! and for not much money too!:yum:

Shame you've just bought new front disks and pads, my 6pots are up for grabs! haha :whistle2:

They do make it alot neater and less messy! and for not much money too!:yum:

Shame you've just bought new front disks and pads, my 6pots are up for grabs! haha :whistle2:
I am considering upgrading to larger brakes but only for looks so unlikely to happen tbh. Very happy with the standard brakes as I don't drive the car to hard and when I do it's only for a short period.

I guess he has the covers, he's just polishing them up in his armchair as we speak..
Here's one for you, absolutely nothing to do after 3 weeks off work and can't even go for a drive so today I will mostly be clay baring, waxing and picking the dog/cat hairs out of my boot one by one with tweezers :laughing:

Form an orderly queue at Steve's (behind me of course) , occupational therapy (aka car detailing) is benefitial in pathing the way back to full health ! :smirk: ...............Not sure where I read that, might have been The Lancet, then again it could have been some bloke 'down the pub'

Form an orderly queue at Steve's (behind me of course) , occupational therapy (aka car detailing) is benefitial in pathing the way back to full health ! :smirk: ...............Not sure where I read that, might have been The Lancet, then again it could have been some bloke 'down the pub'
Haha, you take your chances with me at the moment, very unsteady on my feet at the moment. I've nearly dented my car twice tumbling around like a drunk tramp ( gone from tonsillitis, to vertigo and now docs think I have labrinthitis )

But if I ever get made redundant, I'm setting up shop as a detailer

Here's one for you, absolutely nothing to do after 3 weeks off work and can't even go for a drive so today I will mostly be clay baring, waxing and picking the dog/cat hairs out of my boot one by one with tweezers :laughing:

Glad to see you are not wasting your time, nothing like detailing therapy.

So I'm really bored now, resorting to cleaning this ford crap :puke2::puke2::puke2:

Only fun bit about it was having a dizzy spell and falling on my ****! Maybe I should try resting a bit like my doctor advised :whistle2:

Reactions: Tyrer
thats a bit of a bummer steve, you may also want to think carefully on the 19" rim front aswell, as you may not like them either, so many guys rave on about 19" being brill ,and , they maybe for them but that 1" inch extra combined with the lower profile tyre can make a decent ride feel very harsh, you need to try before you by steve.
I dont mind a firm ride etc but i tried 19" rs4 reps with 235/35 on for a week and it was rock hard, like driving around on runflats all the time, not for me thanks.
just my experience and everyone different, looks are great but not everything.

They're not really bad, I could live with them but it was the impending 19" wheels that got me thinking it may push me over the edge. If I can't sell them it maybe that I have to stay 18" wheels.

How the hell did you manage to borrow a set of 19's?

In short I would rather sacrifice a bit of the handling to get a set of 19's on the car

They're not really bad, I could live with them but it was the impending 19" wheels that got me thinking it may push me over the edge. If I can't sell them it maybe that I have to stay 18" wheels.

How the hell did you manage to borrow a set of 19's?

A friend has a rather nice B7 RS4 avant which rarely gets driven these days, he has too many other fast cars to be honest, anway it had these 19" on it but he didnt like the skittish nature of them so took them of again, needless to say they ended up collecting dust in his garage, ideal for me to borrow them for a week.

So is it just the shocks your selling? Or shocks and springs?

Just shocks, could sell springs for extra but wouldn't make much sense as I want to keep them and use on different shocks

A friend has a rather nice B7 RS4 avant which rarely gets driven these days, he has too many other fast cars to be honest, anway it had these 19" on it but he didnt like the skittish nature of them so took them of again, needless to say they ended up collecting dust in his garage, ideal for me to borrow them for a week.

He ran reps on an RS4?? Did you have any fitment issues with the wider wheels from the RS4 on your A4?

Pity Steve, I always associated Bilstein with a firmer ride but that's from reading and not personal experience.
If the rides bearable at the moment I wouldn't rush into changing until you get the wheels, nothing to loose and you may find the change of an inch on a wheel not as dramatic as others, I certainly didn't.

Pity Steve, I always associated Bilstein with a firmer ride but that's from reading and not personal experience.
If the rides bearable at the moment I wouldn't rush into changing until you get the wheels, nothing to loose and you may find the change of an inch on a wheel not as dramatic as others, I certainly didn't.
Tbh honest it's not unbearable but after a bad day at work I just want that 40 mile trip to be a little more relaxing

Plus it's going to cost me a shed loads more in tyres because I have the confidence to floor it a bit more in the corners I used to be a little more reserved in

Nope I think b4's but modified to drop the fronts a bit. If can't sell these then it'll be the same mods for current ones

If anyone is like me, desperately seeking a product to sort out faded rubber trim around your windows (especially the rear quarters) then this is the stuff you need.

Horrendously expensive but I've tried just about everything else and this is the only product that seems to do anything remotely good. I guess sometimes you get what you pay for. Just wish I took some before and after photos to show. When it fades and if I remember, I will do it next time.

It even revived the platsic trim on the rear quarter windows too :grinning:

its swiss made steve , and on that basis it's allways going to be expensive, but like a lot of swiss made products , they are very good, anyway its not expensive because your enhancing and extending the lifespan of the car and that's got to be worth it.

Wonder if that's the same product ( albeit labelled up in a Bmw bottle ) that BM sell for 'maintaining ' the roof seals of the folding hard such as on the E89 Z4 ? That stuff is expensive at about £40 for 50ml !!!

Wonder if that's the same product ( albeit labelled up in a Bmw bottle ) that BM sell for 'maintaining ' the roof seals of the folding hard such as on the E89 Z4 ? That stuff is expensive at about £40 for 50ml !!!
50ml ? :fearscream::fearscream:

Parcel shelf aside, no new parts for the car in a few months but plenty of stuff purchased to look after/enhance what I have already.

I have to say the new swissvax, auto finesse and gyeon stuff is absolutely worth the money, it really is streets ahead of anything else I've tried but at twice the price I'd ****** hope so too...

Reactions: Tyrer
that must be one off the tidiest garage walls i've seen for a long time steve, looking like more stock than my local halfords too.....nice though.

Right I'm going to have to do a complete and embarrassing u turn on my previous post regarding my suspension being too harsh...

Two options...
Another 1k down the road they've run in and softened up a bit or

Having been ill with labrinthitis (if that's how you spell it) was making me feel a little delicate shall we say!

Either way seems the car feels perfectly normal now, still a little stiffer than standard but not as "spine cracking/teeth rattling" when pushed

Good news Steve, possibly an element of both but I think you also tend to get used to things and over time it becomes normal.

Kind of clicked after a trip to Yarmouth on our holidays when we arrived I noticed I didn't feel beaten up after a two an a half hour drive. In fact it felt real smooth, didn't flinch once during rough parts of the roads. Thought I'd leave it a couple of weeks before I commented again.

I think that's when the complexities of quality gear and more so the dampeners come into play. Practically all upgrades will feel firmer in comparison but with decent quality stuff that doesn't have to mean a drop in comfort. That was always my issue with s line, it's firm and not sure if it's down to the quality of the dampeners the common "unrefined" and "harsh " terms are very well deserved and spoiled the driving experience for me.

My head has been turned by another, so regrettably car for sale!

what, after all those great mods, come on now steve whats going on chap, maybe you should sit down with a nice stiff drink and think about what you are doing.....and if any parts are coming off , let me know...

Unless someone wants to come down and swap parts on a part ex basis I will be selling as is Rob. Though I doubt it's worth it for the money involved in part ex ing bits and bobs. I have really thought about this and I'm afraid I need to spend probably another 3 or 5 k to get it exactly as I want it. That on top of after test driving an rs4 (amongst others) and seeing all those lovely new cars at the Audi meet have made me a little down beat on my car. Still love it, but I want a big thirsty petrol lump now :sunglasses:

Can't tell you guys what I have my eye on as i think I would get some abuse :grimacing:

allways a dangerous thing test drives , it allways makes your own car no matter how good feel a lesser car, grass is not allways greener though.
I must admit i have been smitten again recently by a good friends RS4 avant, he is looking to move it on very soon and i'm seriously looking at buying it and be done with looking at anything else, keep the A4 for the dogs and shopping etc and rs for my own pleasure.

Mine next car won't be an Audi unless I can suddenly find 60k for a rs6.

we can all live in hope steve, so you'll be leaving the forum then....sad to see you go, are still going german by some chance, and if so the three lettered variety.

we can all live in hope steve, so you'll be leaving the forum then....sad to see you go, are still going german by some chance, and if so the three lettered variety.
I'm not leaving any time soon as I imagine it'll take some time to shift mine as I'm not giving it away, I'll want top dollar for it (not unrealistic just more than the usual suspects) or keep it for a while longer. Either way I will be sticking around on the forum.

Yes you would be correct in your assumption of my new temptation but don't tell anyone I may be defecting:tongueclosed:

Plus I still have to talk my wife around to the idea of spending 25k ish on a car, I've no idea how I bring that up! Maybe over this years very expensive Christmas present (bribe). She went nuts when I told her I wanted to sell this one after all the money I've spent on it.

maybe you should say it is more of an investment to ensure trouble free motoring.