ITG maxogen or revo. Best flow?

Gtigadge

Reaction score
As per the title please guys. Which is the best kit to be running flow wise? Any advantages/disadvantages with either kit? Any figures for stage 2+ S3 cars?

Thanks

I'm not sure that anyone has done a convincing back to back comparison of these under equivalent conditions.

Each manufacturer has a set of results from their CAIs,and the results are usually quite similar.
That proves one thing for certain,which is that at Stg2 and above,a good CAI does make an appreciable improvement,but it usually amounts to around 15bhp or so at peak rpm,on an engine running Stg2+ software,or around 360bhp.

So,at a guess around 5%.

The best of the current crop is the Revo,in terms of build quality etc.

The ITG is definitely no looker,as this will prove...

But....what I can say is this intake is proven on an engine capable of over 600bhp.

One issue that some intakes have had is over fuel trims,and consequent fuelling errors,and neither the ITG nor Revo seem to have any such problems.

Reactions: S.
They may not be much in terms of performance between them, doesn't the ITG one have an additional brace to hold the back part in place, near the MAF? I had no end of issues with the way the Revo pipe is fitted as it tends to pivot around the only solid fixing point, next to the HPFP. As a result, it tends to knock about under the hood on bumpy roads. I plan on making a brace to fix this, but don't feel that it should be necessary for a part that costs so much.

Additional, I had the filter element come away from the metal pipe. It may be a one-off, but wasn't a pleasant experience.

If I was to buy an intake again, I'd probably get an ITG one.

Thanks for the reply guys and experience of use. I have an ITG on at the minute but looking to trim/fit an engine cover and was concerned about losing flow if I moved to the revo (looks easier to fit a cover on with it? ). ITG does have a brace/heatshield leshkin and intake is great, sadly just a cosmetic thing ha..

both are really great intakes. didn't try revo one, but lots of members here got one and lots of my friends got one.
i'm running same itg as alex, and even it's not pretty it does the job perfectly. i also run air feed from the fog light grill which improved air flow according to torque pro. fuel trims are spot on with itg. i also have tts engine cover fitted with no issues.

Reactions: S3Alex
Thanks for the reply guys and experience of use. I have an ITG on at the minute but looking to trim/fit an engine cover and was concerned about losing flow if I moved to the revo (looks easier to fit a cover on with it? ). ITG does have a brace/heatshield leshkin and intake is great, sadly just a cosmetic thing ha..

I wouldn't worry about losing flow,but I couldn't see any reason to change if you already have an ITG.

I'll swap with you :)

I wouldn't worry about losing flow,but I couldn't see any reason to change if you already have an ITG.
both are really great intakes. didn't try revo one, but lots of members here got one and lots of my friends got one.
i'm running same itg as alex, and even it's not pretty it does the job perfectly. i also run air feed from the fog light grill which improved air flow according to torque pro. fuel trims are spot on with itg. i also have tts engine cover fitted with no issues.

Cheers guys, pics of ITG and cover then please

Which do people find fit the better..?

I'm not concerned about flow issue's etc as I think the difference between them all will be very small and un-noticeable on the road but for me It's more how they fit. I've had a Forge Twintake (Was on the car when I bought it) I wasn't massively impressed with the build quality/fit especially for the huge price tag, I've recently just sold it and bought myself a Revo IK however I've been mis-sold it and it's actually not designed for my S3 - Has no elbow/take off for the diverter pipe so this leaves me needing to replace it once again...

Sorry If I've hi-jacked just didn't want to start a new thread for the same thing, Hope you don't mind :)

ITG fits well,and doesn't fall to bits.

I can vouch for the latter when I tried to dismantle part of it to get the Reflecta-Gold on....I gave up and left it to AMD.

Went for another Revo Kit, However this time a one that is actually meant for a K04.

If I'm not totally happy with the fit, Then I may well modify it....