Issues with the A3 tech

Have you had tech related faults on your car.

• Yes I have had issues.

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • No the car has not given me any tech related faults.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello,
Just a quick poll to try and give us members who are waiting on delivery of their new cars some confidence in the tech. Please vote yes if you have encountered repeat issues with the ‘normal’ running of the tech (don’t include lack of wireless CarPlay/no 3rd screen etc (I think we all know the reasons behind that)), just genuine tech related faults.

Hello,
Just a quick poll to try and give us members who are waiting on delivery of their new cars some confidence in the tech. Please vote yes if you have encountered repeat issues with the ‘normal’ running of the tech (don’t include lack of wireless CarPlay/no 3rd screen etc (I think we all know the reasons behind that)), just genuine tech related faults.
So far just a the adaptive cruise control becoming inactive when cancelled and then re-enabled in stop-start traffic with with the distance setting at minimum.
My car was built in Jan ‘21 and it is an MHEV (mild hybrid).

Madmo

My main intermittent fault is Drive system failure when giving it some beans in S mode

going into the stealers on tuesday to be checked

Sorry guys I have not made the results public. I have tried to correct it but cannot figure out how to. Please let me know how to do this otherwise I shall post the result at the end of the poll.

Sorry guys I have not made the results public. I have tried to correct it but cannot figure out how to. Please let me know how to do this otherwise I shall post the result at the end of the poll.
The results look public to me.
EE5F0DBC-8B4D-4D9B-8A64-AF9E116D1FA3.jpeg

KXL

Oh dear, 7 - 0 thus far, not looking good for my incoming A3 S-Tronic MHEV...

Moots

Oh dear, 7 - 0 thus far, not looking good for my incoming A3 S-Tronic MHEV...
The issues I’ve had are minor. Missing speed limit on the nav, which won’t be rectified until functions in demand is available.

And secondly the MMI screen just goes blank every now and again when using Apple CarPlay, this seems to be linked to changing up a gear when putting my foot down and again it’s minor but is frustrating.

Should maybe have ‘yes’ split into two options; manual or stronic, as seems a lot more issues are related to stronic MHEV
I’ve looked into splitting the ‘yes’ answer as that is a valid point but I cannot seem to edit the poll now, unless I am doing something wrong..

auzzam_crd

sos warning light struck in the first 13 miles on the new car :)

That was built end of January.

Think I might have a way to turn the warning message off though - not ideal - but at least it gets rid of it.

Just going to test it once or twice more then will be able to share!

KXL

The issues I’ve had are minor. Missing speed limit on the nav, which won’t be rectified until functions in demand is available.

And secondly the MMI screen just goes blank every now and again when using Apple CarPlay, this seems to be linked to changing up a gear when putting my foot down and again it’s minor but is frustrating.
I better start memorising routes and not rely on Nav & or Android Auto. At least besides the technology sometimes throwing a tantrum, the actual driving of the car is not affected right? Eg...no one actually had an issue that the car would not move or like headlights won't turn on at night etc.

Nothingdoing079

I better start memorising routes and not rely on Nav & or Android Auto. At least besides the technology sometimes throwing a tantrum, the actual driving of the car is not affected right? Eg...no one actually had an issue that the car would not move or like headlights won't turn on at night etc.
I sometimes feel like there is a jerkiness in the engine when taking off from a cold start (I have 35 TFSI Manual).

I'm getting that looked at too

Moots

Yea I’ve had no issues with the driving of the car itself or the lights etc, mine has matrix lights so I’ve been checking them as I was pretty impressed with how they work

KXL

I sometimes feel like there is a jerkiness in the engine when taking off from a cold start (I have 35 TFSI Manual).

I'm getting that looked at too
Yes but that one is well documented VAG 1.5 Evo TSI 150 Manual 'quirk.' Having had a Seat Leon (diesel though) previously, a lot of forum members there called it the Seat Leon FR 1.5Evo TSI Manual Kangaroo edition, as the jerkiness at its worse (when cold) tends to make the car 'kangaroo.' Looks like they still haven't yet sort these issues on the latest 1.5 Evo. On a separate note, I wished Audi released the 1.5TFSI 130 (and name it the 30TFSI) variant instead of a 1.0TFSI 110, which me personally, that's not an engine fitting of an Audi A3.

Not a very scientific survey but the results are in! 11 people voted and 100% of voters has tech issues with their car. Come on Audi this is not what we expect from a new car.

So far just a the adaptive cruise control becoming inactive when cancelled and then re-enabled in stop-start traffic with with the distance setting at minimum.
My car was built in Jan ‘21 and it is an MHEV (mild hybrid).
On the upside. I’ve had no more glitches since this single incident. The impression I’m getting from my own car is that the later builds are much less glitchy.

Moots

On the upside. I’ve had no more glitches since this single incident. The impression I’m getting from my own car is that the later builds are much less glitchy.
Same, I have one issue to sort other than that it’s been great.

also you’re less likely to get people responding if they’ve had no issues in surveys like this as they’re not passionate about it, anyone who’s been negatively impacted is far more likely to respond.

Yeah I took that into account and thought the results would be swayed one way but I thought there could be some nice members who could give me a little confidence that things are getting sorted.

Last edited:

auzzam_crd

Exactly the thoughts I have, through YouTube and the forum it feels like nearly every car has issues.

But I sometimes take a step back and think of it like an amazon review, human nature means we are less likely to spend time voicing positive opinions but the moment we have been negatively impacted much more likely to speak up.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe the issues are wide spread - but I have had a few viewers comment that they've not had any issues.

So someone in Germany must know how to build the cars correctly lol - either that or the commenters on my channel work for Audi!